RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Considering purchasing a Damon Daybreak

I am new to the group and considering purchasing a 2010 Damon Daybreak 34SS with 5,000 miles.

I am looking for input pertaining to this model plus Damon Daybreak series.

Thanks for your input.

Don

donma1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
I have a 2001, and it run's great and I like it.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #3

Ours is a 2004 and I love it, but trying to sell it to get something smaller...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like some wty. availabe yet. Happy with our Damon (now Thor) and VERY happy with Thor after sale support. Just like auto dealers some RV dealers services good and some bad. IMO Thor outstanding.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Have a 2008 Daybreak with 5000 miles , wife and I really like it. Have not had any real problems as of yet.
stevesue1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #6

Happy with our 06 Daybreak (3272). It has about 10,000 miles now. Some issues, mostly from sitting in the driveway not being used.

Two big issues Hydraulic hose recall (they routed the hoses to close to the exhaust) Fixed by Dealer at no cost to me in about a week.

Graphics on one side and the back are messed up. I have not called Damon because my MH is almost 5 years out of warranty (I should call to see if they will do anything).

Ford False overheat TSB, fixed under warranty by Ford at no cost to me.

Noticed that the hydraulic pump for the levelers is leaking, will need to get that fixed (been almost 6 years in use).

Fit and finish seem to be holding up okay. Upholstery is doing fine, no rips or major stains, wood is holding up okay.

Last week I replaced the chassis battery. No other real major issues. We love our MH.

Bill
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #7

I will say this about Damon...there customer service is absolutely amazing! We were looking into purchasing a damon challenger with 10.000 miles on it. I was not very familiar with damon but this was the floorplan we wanted. I called Damon and ask them to tell me about there product without being too biased. I was on the phone with them for over 30 min.! He even went the extra mile and told me he would run the VIN just to make sure I was not getting a slightly used MH that has not had a ton of problems. I sent the VIN in and he emailed me back the report that was completely flawless. Then he even called to follow up on the email and told me this was one of the cleanest used units he has seen. Needless to say, Damon went above and beyond.
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #8

Love our 06 Daybreak! Very easy to operate.
turtle2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #9

We bought a used 08 (really an old 07) and loved it. This year we traded up to an '11 Daybreak and couldn't be happier. Good solid design and seemed to be fairly well built. No complaints.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We have a 2007 Daybreak. We have put 15,000 miles on it with no major problems. I would buy another without hesitation.
mover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2010 daybreak sport 3204. Hoping to turn 50k miles next year. This is our 5th RV and the DW's favorite.
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #12

2007 damon

we have a 2007 damon daybreak .the body of the damon is falling apart . everytime we take it out it is an adventure to see what is going to fall off on the trip . the decals started cracking and peeling when it was just over 1 year old and out of warranty . damon sent us new decals but will not cover cost of removing old ones and having new ones put on . this will cost about 2,700.00 which we will not pay for . as far as running , it runs great, but the engine and mechanical is not damon product but fords . so far we have replaced kitchen faucet , chair , table for dinette, rubber came off where sides and roof meet . windshielld leaked like crazy but this was not fixed by damon but a body man . took over 8 months to finally find someone with knowledge to fix it because opening was to large for windshield. has cracks in plastic in dash , had to replace awning over slide in bedroom because it came loose from side of rv . we will not ever buy any damon product again . this body and worknanship inside is truly a lemon . am thinking of put signs on body to let everyone know how great their product is . could list more items but to numerous to list all. do yourself a favor and move on to something better .
indian654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
2010 Damon Daybreak

Thank you all for your information. I appreciated it very much.

However, I did not purchase the Damon Daybreak.

I ended up purchasing another make and model.

Enjoy your trips.

Thanks

Don
donma1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #14

Indian, did you buy the coach new or used? You seem to have a ton of problems that I have not seen on coaches 3x that age.

The maroon decal issue is known and I don't think Damon handled that very well at all (I mentioned the decal problem to a damon rep at an RV show and he just made Sour beer face). .

As for the other stuff, I can't speak to how you use your RV or maintain it, but I bought an 07 used with 20K miles on it that was a rental for General RV here in Michigan and after a lot of cleanup, it was all good. So I think you do have a lemon or at least your coach is not representative of the Damon/Daybreak line. My coach made it through 3 years of being rented out and I had no problems other than the maroon decals, so I gotta believe you got a bad one. We liked it so much we bought a new 2011 Daybreak. Its got about 5K on this year and so far so good (some minor warranty stuff, but handled at the dealer).