Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #1

Damon Challenger we love it!

We will be full timing in our 2008 Workhorse 378 Challenger in 4 months. What do you that own them think of them? We have had ours for 3 years cant wait to get started full timing.
Mody n Domy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We don't have a Challenger,but its a Daybreak with 60,000 miles and the only replacements were 36" flat screen tv up front china bowl toilet in the middle and 26" flat screen in the rear.Oh yea new continential tires below,never had a problem yet.Thor-Damon makes a good product.
ccook129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2011 Challenger 3710 on a Ford chassis and we really love this coach. The only issue was during the initial "shakedown" the leveling jacks (Lippert) stopped working. They were repaired under warranty and have been working great for the last two years and 14,000 miles. Damon makes a quality product and for the money can't be beat in my opinion. We are presently looking at the Tuscany to upgrade for full-timing in the future. Damon gets out vote!!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #4

We have 2008 Damon Challenger 376. It was exactly what we were looking for. IMHO, Damon has the best bang for the buck. 14,000 miles on an f53 chassis and not one bit of trouble. We love it!
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #5

We have an 07 challenger 377. We are full time and love our coach. Mods we have done are, cheap handling fix, five star for the v10, and removed the dinning room tv for cabinet space.. the only problem has been a window leak between d/r and b/r slides and that was fixed with a drip cap.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #6

I have a 2007 Challenger 355 on the Ford F53 chassis and have been very pleased with it. Only issue I've had in 30,000 miles is that the driver's front fender failed due to vibration (it's pretty skimpy ABS plastic). Cost about $300 to replace it with a new one.

I heartily agree with those who've said that Damon provides a great value - my wife & I haven't found a floor plan that we like better, regardless of the price. The Ford V-10 has done its work well, albeit with more noise that a diesel way back in the rear of the coach.
195pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
We own a 2006 Challenger 355 triple slide, on a F53 chassis. It is a satisfactory rig for us. We especially enjoy the very spacious kitchen facilities it provides.

It's easy to drive on the road, and I have enhanced it's performance with the 5 Star Tuning retrofit.

We pull a Honda CRV and get decent MPG on the road.

Our reason for purchase was the triple slide feature, the large kitchen and the fact that it was a voluntary repo offered at auction and we were able to purchase it for approx 15K below market value. We had not planned on replacing our older class A single slide, but upon inspection of the Challenger, we quickly made up our mind to upgrade.
howdja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #8

Love our 2008 Damon Challenger 371. So far just short trips, but we are ready for the long haul soon. Gas mileage around 7 for us w/o toad. Sound typical?
slvrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
We own a 2009 Damon 376. The usual problems that really amount to nothing popped up during the first month of service. A rubber seal separated from the bedroom slide. One of the speakers in the ceiling did not work. It was all taken care by the warranty, but be very careful who does the work. The dealer we purchased from did not do a good job with anything. At first I was so upset I was ready to turn it back in. However I was steered to Camping World service and they were very thorough with everything. The store in Ft Myers Fl. rebuilt my confidence in this product. We have our unit permanently parked in an RV resort where we use it just about every other weekend. Once a month we take it on the road to state and county parks around Florida. Our unit has really brought happiness to our whole family...the kids, the grand kids (The 376 model has bunk beds and can sleep up to 10) and all their friends. As most owners, as time goes on you will find things that you wished you ordered at the time of purchase or you will figure out how to add it yourself.
I have one major complaint with Damon and that is because on certain 2008 - 2009 models, they used a defective material they called faux leather. My unit has it on the 2 captain chairs and both couches. Originally the manufacturer of the furniture, flexsteel used their own ultra leather which is a good quality product. However in some models, Damon provided their own material for Flexsteel to use. The glue that holds the outer surface to the backing dries up and the material flakes off the backing. It has nothing to do with use. In time, all of this material will deteriorate. Flexsteel would not stand behind it because Damon provided the defective material. Damon hid behind its warranty and if it happened during the first year of service, they replaced the material and paid for the labor. However in the second year they only supplied the material. In my case and as in most cases, the deterioration took place during the second to third year. Damon sent me all the skins to my furniture, but what galled me was it was the same defective material. Those in the third year were told to bad and did nothing for them. I got very upset with this type of corporate bad behavior. They were aware of the problem during the first year and continued to use that same material. Instead of calling a recall, they chose to hide behind their warranty. Now that leads me to questioning if anyone wants to purchase from a corporation that behaves like this. What else will they hide from the consumer until they are legally made to correct it. They certainly do not have their customers best interest in mind. That leads me to the question....would I purchase a Damon/Thor after knowing about their corporate misbehavior. The answer to that is absolutely NOT. I keep reading from these forums that Damon builds a fairly good product for the money. That is true, but don't expect any help from them after the warranty, even if they are the cause of the problem. Will they hide a safety problem and jeopardize the well being of their customers to cover the bottom line. It looks like they will. Their reputation precedes them. Check out leather deterioration in this forum.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Have a 2003 Challenegr. Love it and have done many upgrades. Had a Banks System installed to improve power, replaced cloth furniture with leather, added a third captains chair with electric foot rest. Replaced tv with LED tv, and more. Getting ready to tear out carpet, install tile, remove oven, rebuild counter with new top, make it longer and add a dishwasher, cook top, and second refrigerator. I'll post pictures when completed this fall.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:36 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Where did you find a replacement driver side front fender?

Thank you.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:47 AM   #12

Do you realize that you posted to a thread that was back in 2012 and hasn't been active since then? There is a Challenger Owners Unite (or something like that thread that is somewhat active. You might be better off posting there.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote