Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

Damon Daybreak tire pressure

Hi all,

What pressure are you running your Daybreak at?

Mine weighs about 17500lbs on the road (21k. Chassis). I have went with 80psi which is what is on the Ford info placard.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a similar issue with my coach and received valuable information from another member. The tire manufacture for the tires on yours should have a recommended tire pressure based on the weight for each axle. I've found mine.
Good luck!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer1 View Post
I have a similar issue with my coach and received valuable information from another member. The tire manufacture for the tires on yours should have a recommended tire pressure based on the weight for each axle. I've found mine.
Good luck!
Hi,

My issue is my rear tires are a different barns than my steer ones.

When I purchased the coach the rear ones had to be replaced.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
The placard is with the standard weight, with nothing other than fuel and oil. Once you put water and your personal belongings, that changes everything! Fordfixer1 is correct, tire manufactures have a chart for various tire loads. Mine is a 3270W, I run about 85psi and the front and 95 on the back. My gross weight is lighter than yours. Would really recommend you check with tire manufactures.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
The placard is with the standard weight, with nothing other than fuel and oil. Once you put water and your personal belongings, that changes everything! Fordfixer1 is correct, tire manufactures have a chart for various tire loads. Mine is a 3270W, I run about 85psi and the front and 95 on the back. My gross weight is lighter than yours. Would really recommend you check with tire manufactures.
Thanks,

I have different tires in the back and front would need to check with both companies.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have the Chevrolet chassis with GVRW of 12,300 the tire recommended was a 7.50 X 16 that was very difficult to find. Replacement size is 235x35x16 that the manufacture recommends 65 pounds in each tire. The recommended tire pressure on the MH sticker says the same for the 7.50x16. I went with the 235x35x 16 tires and after installing found another problem. they are wider then the original and I ended up with tire kiss.

To solve this I installed 2" spacers on the Rears to prevent tire Kiss. I also have a TPM and adjusted the tire pressure up to 70 pounds. monitoring the tire pressure with the TMP I found that the tires did not like the increase in pressure. I know run them at 66 pounds in all 6 and they are happy tires. pressure increases to 70-72 on trips when tires warm up. This is with full water tank and loaded for a trip.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505_130705.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	179489

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505_155417.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	179490
Old 06-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #7

Same size tires on mine (94 Southwind Storm). When I had the (2) right rears go on mine after replacement the (tire-man) said...80psi all the way around. I had them at 72psi. Sticker within the RV was same as yours 65psi. I knew that was incorrect given the tires are not the size mentioned on the sticker.

Had all the other topped to 80psi. No issues since.
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #8

I run 90 all around
Old 06-27-2018, 01:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Thanks,

I have different tires in the back and front would need to check with both companies.
Yes, you will need to check the inflation tables from both tire manufacturers. Most if not all tire manufacturers publish their inflation tables on line. Just need to hit the scale and get front axle weight and rear axle weight. Corner weights would be better but not always easy to find a place capable of giving you corner weights.

If you have trouble with the inflations tables just come back here and post your axle weights and we will gladly help you with the tables.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
CAT Scale to set. tire pressure

Tire pressure depends on load weight to know proper pressure. You can go to a truck stop with a segmented scale (CAT scale) to get each axle weight, cost is about $11 at most CAT Scales for each weighing. It is better to weigh each axle end when you are loaded and ready to hit the road.

Look at the scale and see if you can drive and straddle the scale platform so that the tires on the right side are not on the scale at all but that the left side are on the scale platform and on two different segments and have them weight it that way. Next weight it again with all tires on the scale. Then just subtract axle end weights from the full coach axle weights. that will give you the amount of each axle end. You may be off a little if your coach isn't level when only the axles ends are on the scale. when you are weighing you don't have to pull all the way forward on the scale to weigh so you can straddle the edge of the scale as most have barriers near the end and they are anywhere from 70 to 100 feet long, so you just have to have your tires on the two separate segments and ask them to weigh you there.

You should only have to do this once and then see what you have loaded that can be moved side to side and/or front to rear if you are heavy on an axle end. If you have to move heavy stuff and put lighter stuff in its place weight them on a bathroom scale to know how much you have change the axle end weight. don't just guess at the weight do the math. Remember waste and fresh water plus fuel and propane add to the total if they are not full when weighed. Many RV are overloaded and the drive either doesn't know or doesn't want to know of care,because they think because the still have room, they can bring more crap/stuff/toys with them and never weight their rigs. The more you weigh the more fuel you use, and you loose some braking ability and handling, also climbing grades is more effort.

This will help you so you can have a safely loaded coach and to know what tire pressure you should run from the tire manufactures specs. An over loaded rig is UNSAFE.........

Happy RVing....
Old 12-18-2018, 06:10 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
I run 90 all around
What type/brand of tires do you have and where did you get them?
Looking for a new onces. Thanks.
busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #12

Hi busybee,

I am running Firestone F560 245/70R/19.5.

Purchased them in July 2015 from a tire place in Fontana CA through my brother in law. Zero problems.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #13

Commercial Member

Some incorrect info posted on this thread. I suggest you review the FACTS from an actual Tire Design and Quality Engineer at
www.RVTireSafety.net

I cover how to learn the MINIMUM inflation, How to calculate what your "Morning Inflation" should be and some good info on TPMS.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #14

Interesting to see one of my old threads as I don't even own this coach anymore
:-)

Tags
damon, tire pressure