Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

Damon Escaper Keyless question

Hello community

I am trying to get the keypad working on a 2005 Damon Escaper Lx 400

The RV was recently purchased and no info was given on it.

Contacted Thor who had no info on it

Contacted trimark they were unsure if it was one of theirs.

So I guess my question is where would i find out who the manufacturer is?

No manual or fobs

took compartment apart inside where the keypad goes in to trace the wires, goes into a larger loom and gets lost in the compartments below.

Thank you
jrdh1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdh1580 View Post
Hello community

I am trying to get the keypad working on a 2005 Damon Escaper Lx 400

The RV was recently purchased and no info was given on it.

Contacted Thor who had no info on it

Contacted trimark they were unsure if it was one of theirs.

So I guess my question is where would i find out who the manufacturer is?

No manual or fobs

took compartment apart inside where the keypad goes in to trace the wires, goes into a larger loom and gets lost in the compartments below.

Thank you
If it is not a Trimark it is probably an Essex. You can download their owners manual at keyless.com . I have an Essex but I cannot locate the reset control switch. I have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Imperial. Try looking under the dash for a push button switch on the end of a wire. That was what I was told to look for. Good luck.
ronsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2004 Damon Escaper LX400, here. I can tell you my keyfob has "JLFTX4" on the back of it. If you Google that, you'll find lots of suppliers. As for the brand of system I have, I seem to recall my keypad was made by Trimark but I don't have any other info. I'll see if I can poke around and come up with more. I'll post again if I do. Welcome to the Damon world. There aren't many of us LX400 owners out there. I think you'll love it!

EDIT Added:
Well, as it turns out, I think I have a Trimark in my 2004 but, when I look at documentation on the Trimark site, 2004 is the only choice they claim. So, unless your 2005 has the previous years' equipment, yours is probably NOT a Trimark.

Let me tell you a few other things about how I started out researching. In Google, do an image search "RV Keyless Entry" and look for your keypad. If that doesn't get you anywhere, look for any name imprinted on your keys. My handles/locks are also Trimark. If yours are a different name, that would be a good direction to chase. Third, for 2004, Atwood was the supplier of the entire door and included components from Trimark that they supplied to Damon. Atwood may have also supplied doors for 2005. Worth a check with them.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
One thing I learned in trying to find the reset switch. Look for small black and yellow wires. 22 gauge. If you see those it is very likely they will lead to the reset switch. Nothing else that I have found will have small black and yellow wires and the wires are easier to find than the switch. Once the switch is located. push it. look at your key pad. it should be lit. punch in 1119 you will hear beeps. you will have 5 seconds to punch in the code you want to use. I believe you can use 3 to 6 digits. once programed, you use your code to unlock the door. 555 will lock it. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A KEY TO THE DOOR IN YOUR HAND BEFORE DOING TRYING TO PROGRAM THE KEYPAD. hope this helps.
ronsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #5

any escaper 2000 3970 owners know where the plug for the computer on a cummins escaper is?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #6

3970 Escaper cuymmins engine computer plug location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripnfix View Post
any escaper 2000 3970 owners know where the plug for the computer on a cummins escaper is?
To answer my own question.
Called Thor support . They directed me to the under side of dash or If the cutout that was provided at time of manufacture was not made big enough it would be located on firewall on drivers side.
Well i packed my clothes and moved under the dash to find it. After another extended period of time. I finally located the computer plug for the engine . It's located in the drivers side rear compartment next to a concealed engine battery switch

Tags
damon