Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #1

I would like to say hello to all you Damon MH lovers out there. We did alot of research before buying our MH and I discovered this forum for Damon owners one night while surfing. Recently the Mrs. and I purchased a used 2006 Daybreak (bunk model)and we took our first trip to Fla. It handled great and we had no problems. We stayed at a few camp sites and we surprised we where the only Damon there. Hope to see you some of you in July. We will be making our first trip out west to the canyons, and thanks for all the info post
trip58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #2

I would like to say hello to all you Damon MH lovers out there. We did alot of research before buying our MH and I discovered this forum for Damon owners one night while surfing. Recently the Mrs. and I purchased a used 2006 Daybreak (bunk model)and we took our first trip to Fla. It handled great and we had no problems. We stayed at a few camp sites and we surprised we where the only Damon there. Hope to see you some of you in July. We will be making our first trip out west to the canyons, and thanks for all the info post
trip58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #3

Welcome, good luck and have a safe trip. John H....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Hi Trip and welcome,

We also are recent arrivals at the Damon camp. He have been around IRV2 for several years and members of the Winnebago forum since it started. Decided we wanted more space and Ms Carol had a floorplan in mind she like. Could not find a Winne we wanted and some of the other coaches we looked at just did not suit. We happened into a dealership that sold Damons and when Ms. C walked into the coach we have now her words were, "I believe this is it" as she sat down. So, knowing very little about Damon coaches but a lot more about chassis, components, cabinetry etc., I had to do a lot of studying. Although there are not a lot of these things on the road, I believe we have purchased a quality coach. There are some things I would change but it appears we made a good choice. If it serves us a well as the 2000 Itasca Horizon we just sold did, then we have a good coach and made a good choice.
Hope you guys made a good choice as well.
See you down the road
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #5

We had a 27ft Winnebago when my wife sat down in a Damon Cahllenger 377 and said "I could live in this." We now have a new Damon and 2 and a half years to retirement. Got it out of winter storage last week and got a long weekend with the Illini Chapter of FMCA. Great group of RVers. But we still have not gotten a chance to really check out the air conditioner -it was too dang cold. No major problems with the unit to date just one basement compartment strut broke loose from the rivets at the bottom connection and two compartment locks that are frozen up.