Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #1

Damon Owners

Is there a Damon Class A Motorhome group on this site or any other one that anyone knows about?
jayhawk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Jayhawk --

Welcome to the forum! There are many good folks here willing to provide help anytime!

I echo Harry's reply about the Damon Owner's forum here on iRV2.com. There is not much activity in the forum and a majority of the the questions are related to the Daybreak, Challenger and Outlaw models. There are few questions/discussions about the diesel pusher models such as Astoria, Tuscany, etc. [Mod Edit]

My previous coach was a 2007 Damon Astoria 3774 diesel pusher. I'd be glad to share the experiences I had (mostly quite good) with the Astoria.

Again, welcome to the forum! What model Damon do you have?
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the comments. I've not found much anywhere about them. Mine is an Astoria Pacific Edition Model 3679. Enjoying it so far but like with any used vehicle a few things to fix and replace.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Jayhawk --

What year is your Astoria Pacifica 3679? In case you don't know, an Astoria like my previous coach was the "base model" for the Astoria line. The Pacifica Edition of the Astoria has more features and some moderately higher-end finishes -- the biggest of which was full body paint for the Pacifica and vinyl graphics for the base Astoria.

I'd be glad to try to answer questions you have about your Astoria. It would be best if you could post your question(s)on the Damon Owner's forum for all Astoria owners to see.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:44 PM   #5
OCM

I have a 2000 Damon UltraSport 3770, and so far has been a good coach for it's age. Always something to fix, but nothing major (yet). Mine has the 390 Cummings ISB/Allison on Freightliner XC chassis.
OCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #6

Mine is a 2008 with the 340 Cummins on the Freightliner chassis and the Allison 6 speed transmission. We have already put about 1500 miles on it and reading 58,000+ now. Windshield broke on the last trip and getting it replaced later this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post
Jayhawk --

What year is your Astoria Pacifica 3679? In case you don't know, an Astoria like my previous coach was the "base model" for the Astoria line. The Pacifica Edition of the Astoria has more features and some moderately higher-end finishes -- the biggest of which was full body paint for the Pacifica and vinyl graphics for the base Astoria.

I'd be glad to try to answer questions you have about your Astoria. It would be best if you could post your question(s)on the Damon Owner's forum for all Astoria owners to see.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:41 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Hello, I am new to this forum as we just purchased a 2004 Daymon Daybreak last week. One thing troubling us is that the check engine light codes as something up with the torque converter. It's the Ford V10 with I believe a 4 speed transmission with just under 40,000 miles. Has anyone had any trouble with the transmission with these?
WoodyAndews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
There is also a Facebook group. Search for Damon Motorhome RV Owners.
Danlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyAndews View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum as we just purchased a 2004 Daymon Daybreak last week. One thing troubling us is that the check engine light codes as something up with the torque converter. It's the Ford V10 with I believe a 4 speed transmission with just under 40,000 miles. Has anyone had any trouble with the transmission with these?
Welcome. You have an f53 chassis, and any chassis questions should be asked in the Ford section of this forum.
HarryStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:23 AM   #10

2007 Damon Tuscany 4055

Hello, First off, I'm very happy to find this RV Forum. Presently, I own a 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38' DPw/315hp Cummins that has been a reliable coach with the occasional minor issue. I'm currently looking at a 2007 Damon Tuscany 4055 with a 350hp CAT C7. It is a beautiful coach that appears to have been well maintained. My local RV repair station owner, which is a personal friend only told me that Damon had had some build quality issues but his personal experience with Damon was limited. Is there any current or previous owners out there that can provide me with input on this model? Thanks
mfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #11

I have an 07 Tuscany 4072, also with the Cat 350 and Allison six speed
My unit was an insurance wreck that I have been repairing for the last six months, nearly finished now.
Be sure to check the floor in your wet compartment, mine just collapsed, dropping the fresh water tank onto the driveway, thankfully not on the highway.

Our models are quite similar, I have all the original manuals if you need some specific info.

2007 model year was still before the Thor takeover and subsequent decline in quality. Overall fit and finish is on par with Tiffin and Newmar, IMHO, but there are design flaws common to all motorhome.
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Hello,
I own a 2005 Damon Astoria 3679, Freightliner Chassis she's been a good baby, no serious issues until now!
My dashboard gauges have stopped working ( infact flashing all around). Air Brakes have stopped working also. I have replaced the Power Contactor, no change.
Has anyone had these issues? Look forward to hearing from you soon... Thank you...
BOOBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:09 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Freightliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOBEAR View Post
Hello,
I own a 2005 Damon Astoria 3679, Freightliner Chassis she's been a good baby, no serious issues until now!
My dashboard gauges have stopped working ( infact flashing all around). Air Brakes have stopped working also. I have replaced the Power Contactor, no change.
Has anyone had these issues? Look forward to hearing from you soon... Thank you...
It's been a while, have you figured it out?

Our 2008 Damon Astoria needed a new wire harness to the dash gauges to fix a false low air alarm. I heard it could also cause all sorts of weird issues and it is a common problem with an easy fix. Just call Freightliner with your VIN.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We have an Owner's Group:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/groups/6...ers+group.html

It allows you to have that designation under your flames in your post's avatar block.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon