Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Went camping with my 85 year old father in law, While I was hooking up the water for both rigs he hooked up his electrical. The panel box was right behind me, I turned and wham!!! A small cut to the right side of the bridge of my nose and a mouse under the eye.

The Eye has colored up real well in fact it looks like I have had a fight.
In this campground, the boxes are right at head level.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Went camping with my 85 year old father in law, While I was hooking up the water for both rigs he hooked up his electrical. The panel box was right behind me, I turned and wham!!! A small cut to the right side of the bridge of my nose and a mouse under the eye.

The Eye has colored up real well in fact it looks like I have had a fight.
In this campground, the boxes are right at head level.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Was your father in-law still hooking up his electric when you hit it or was he finished and left it open? Kind of like running into an open cabinet door. OUCH!!

AKBrick
Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, one night Tony walked into one of our bay doors, wham, right across the nose, cut and all. Looked like he had been in a boxing match, and he lost, LOL! Not to mention the time he ran around the front of the coach in the rain and BAM! Smack into the wing mirror! Be careful out there, people!

Brenda, of...
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The driver's side rear slide over the electrical bay is the one that gets me most of the time. I pop out from under the bay door - right into the slide. My skinned up head wishes my brain would remember to clear both before telling my body to stand up straight.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The last MH we had, had the A&E awning with the arms coming from the side of the coach. Yup, WHAMMOLA!!! Luckily the egg on my forehead didn't hatch!

Now I'm having a heck of a time remembering the Blue Ox prongs sticking out of the front of the Saturn. Yeah, that's when I decide to take them off. The scabs on my shins are still healing.

Ummm..... sorry KC1BUD for hyjacking this thread.

AKBrick
Old 06-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
Was your father in-law still hooking up his electric when you hit it or was he finished and left it open? Kind of like running into an open cabinet door. OUCH!!

AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the point of my collision he was done and sitting.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
The last MH we had, had the A&E awning with the arms coming from the side of the coach. Yup, WHAMMOLA!!! Luckily the egg on my forehead didn't hatch!

Now I'm having a heck of a time remembering the Blue Ox prongs sticking out of the front of the Saturn. Yeah, that's when I decide to take them off. The scabs on my shins are still healing.

Ummm..... sorry KC1BUD for hyjacking this thread.

AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hitches and awnings I do those too!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by historyljc:
The driver's side rear slide over the electrical bay is the one that gets me most of the time. I pop out from under the bay door - right into the slide. My skinned up head wishes my brain would remember to clear both before telling my body to stand up straight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am always bumping my head, my wife asked me once why I bump it all the time I told her I lost my early warning(hair) and I get no warning to duck.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Unfortunately, between golf and obnoxious rv protrusions I seem to be adding to my dictionary of "select" freestyle swearwords. I try to do it with my mouth fully closed but unfortunately I'm getting better at vantriloquisim without trying. The other day my storage compartment said........uhhhh, never mind.

AKBrick
Old 07-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I saw one guy put on his hard hat each time he did something around his rig.

I figure he hit his head one time too many.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #12
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well you can count me in on the Hitches and Awning Arms !!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
The passenger side mirror gets me every now and then.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #14

Anyone ever forget about the power cord of water hose and tripping over them. I have done it a few times. At 6"5" whacking my head on something around the motorhome is almost common place for me.

2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum Ed.
Bill & Luz is offline   Reply With Quote