Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #1

Dash AC Fuse

I am looking for the fuse location for the dash air in a 2003 Damon Ultrasport. It only blows hot air even when the selector switch is turned to max air conditioning. So, my thought is either the electric water valve to shut off the hot water is not working or the fuse to the AC compressor is blown. I have checked the water valve and it appears to work. In checking the compressor it does not engage so I am think there is a blown fuse. The system was provided by Acme to Damon. Any help is greatly appreciated.
jrclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2015, 06:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
H

Man, they put fuses all over the place in motorhomes because RVs are built by knuckle draggging, window licking, helmet wearing, bugger eating morons. In the aviation business, we'd shoot the lot of them and then go have lunch. But it's likley not the fuse. I bet it's a low pressure in the system. Get yourself a can of recharge from Napa, or Autozone or WalMart and put some in. A 2003 probably neeeds some recharge. Follow the simple instructions on the can; shake can, hook it up to the only fitting it will go on, squeeze the trigger and shake the can as you fill. Put some in and go look at your compressor. If it's turning, you're golden. My Monaco took a few big cans because the system was not charged at the factory. And the rep says "Oh, the dash air doesn't work well anyway." It does if you charge it, but I should have vac'd mine down first.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
There's also a pressure switch on the accumulator. Unplug that and jump across the plug with a paperclip, the compressor should go. Only run the compressor for seconds in this manner, there may be very little oil in the system. Yes, the system has oil and refrigerant in it. The recharge has both as well.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fuse