Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #141
TPB

can't get the factory to do anything The factory rep told me they had a problem with the leather but will not warranty it
has anyone talked to a lawer about this problem
TPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #142

What are they going to do for you?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #143

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDRAFT161 View Post
Thor is NOT the bad guy here. You have a MH that is 6 years old and you want the interior warranty to last 6 years? Never going to happen. Thor did buy out Damon. But instead of saying "tough luck" they are trying to help you. And you think you are getting screwed in the process. I don't think so.

Where would you be if when Damon went belly up and no one bought them out? You would be left with whatever you could find and I would bet that you would never find matching upholstery for your MH.

Now...take a deep breath and you may want to reconsider the offer that Thor is making. If not, that is your choice. So don't blame Thor for trying to help you.
actually my 08 tuscany they told me tough tookie at 14000 miles

I may try again. but i figure a good upholstery shop could get me real nice leather and it will last longer
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #144

Freightliner Owners Club
Our 2011 Serrano has some sort of leather or vinyl that is peeling and with holes EVERYWHERE .... Captain chairs, dinette & couch .... and we don't have kids or pets and aren't full timers. We are not looking foreword to the reupholstering bill! Guess they are still using the same crud upholstery material.
What kind of material was used when they replaced it?
Penguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #145

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
I found the seat tags stuffed in the bottom of the seat. My seats are 558BUSR. Looking at the flexsteel site we looked the 487BUSR and ERST (foot rest) model for passenger. Does anyone know if the ultraleather is holding up OK? Seats are pricy but we plan on keeping the Astoria for a long time.

It is hard to get info from Flexsteel, they send me to Camping World, but our Camping World does not know much about the Flexsteel products... Eg, are the 500 model seats of a higher quality than the 400 model seats. Or will the new seats fix with out modifications..... Options are not known.

Anyone have a contact at flexsteel that answers questions?

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #146

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a contact at FlexSteel: Lisa Bauer, 563-585-8356

Had the seats recovered at FS. They used my material and charged $425 to make replacements. I installed - easy to do. My couch had similar problems and had new covers remade by Flair Interiors for $90. I bought my material from Flair so everything matches. Check out the thread Deteriorating leather seats revisited. JM2¢...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #147

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Ted, thanks. I called Lisa and she transferred me a sales lady who was very helpful. All my questions answered and I'm now picking the colors. (Actually my wife is picking the colors).

Thanks again for the help.

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #148

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SteveOGilroy,

Are you going to install the replacement seat covers yourself? If so, PM me for some tricks to helping with the installation. JM2¢...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote