RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #29

Same here, both front seats and armrests peeling. Just sent an email to Thor requesting they replace the covers on my 2008 Challenger 371 with 12,000 miles on it. We'll see what happens.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Yup, my 2009 Damon 376 has the same problem. It is obvious that the material used on the driver and passenger seats along with the couches is inferior material. You can see that the leatherette portion is extremely thin and it rubs off leaving the backing in place. It has nothing to do with cleaners or anything else. Simply cheap material. I think it's time to take it to Damon or Thor or whatever they call themselves these days. If I purchased a car and it had these same problems the Dealer and the manufacturer would replace it immediately. This is not normal wear and tear....I have 7,000 miles on my unit. It will be 2 years old on January 21st. It is hardly used and this condition is really unacceptable. Check out what the car manufacturers use for leather, leatherette or vinyl. If it only lasted 2 years with little use, they would be put out of business. I hope this post motivates many of us to go to the manufacturer and demand a fair resolution to the problem.
I just forwarded my email of 10/28 back to Bill Sauer at Thor. He asked that I send him photos of the seat damage and a copy of the manufacturers tag under the seat. Up to this morning he has not replied. My hopes is that he's working on it but I feel like this may not be the case.

How can we get a petition going to get the attention of Thor?
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
The main problem is not with seat manufacturer, it is Damon, an how the much money than can save by specing out to flexstell what they want and , so when a person looks at a brand new coach, the wow factor comes in to being. Just another mind game that Rv manufactures do to sell there products.
I have a nine year old coach with real leather drivers and passenger seats, along with a leather coach an they still look like brand new.
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thor sent me a letter stating the seats were out of warranty even though i have less than 12k on the seat/chassis
soooooo
now looking at a leather shop to make new covers from some heavier cow hide...

maybe a branded galloway...but that wouldn't match the interior....

or
a heavy fabric..
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I just forwarded my email of 10/28 back to Bill Sauer at Thor. He asked that I send him photos of the seat damage and a copy of the manufacturers tag under the seat. Up to this morning he has not replied. My hopes is that he's working on it but I feel like this may not be the case.

How can we get a petition going to get the attention of Thor?

Same thing here, Thor Warranty Dept. wants pictures of the seats and tags. Will be a couple of days til I can get it to them, will keep you advised of outcome.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #34

Our's is an 07 Challenger 377. with about 12 k on it. The piping on the sofa is scabbing off. The front seats still look pretty good. I would like to replace the sofa with one of the flat jackknife types. Only problem is getting them in and out the door. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
Thor sent me a letter stating the seats were out of warranty even though i have less than 12k on the seat/chassis
soooooo
now looking at a leather shop to make new covers from some heavier cow hide...

maybe a branded galloway...but that wouldn't match the interior....

or
a heavy fabric..
Just curious, how old is your unit, mine ius an 08 and i'm not going to talk about my uphoulstery
Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #36

Well it would seem Damon / Thor is not that interested in keeping customers. Their warranty department rejected my offer to pay for the installation of new covers if they would supply them at no cost.

Thomas M. Overton toverton@tmcrv.com
9:02 AM

You will need to order the new seat covers thru our local dealer Total Value there number is 574-262-4460 these will Not be covered by warranty that ran out in 2009 sorry. Thomas Overton
Warranty Advisor
toverton@tmcrv.com
701 C.R. 15
Elkhart IN. 46515
PH. 877-855-2867
FAX 574-294-3618
Old 11-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Well it would seem Damon / Thor is not that interested in keeping customers. Their warranty department rejected my offer to pay for the installation of new covers if they would supply them at no cost.

Thomas M. Overton toverton@tmcrv.com
9:02 AM

You will need to order the new seat covers thru our local dealer Total Value there number is 574-262-4460 these will Not be covered by warranty that ran out in 2009 sorry. Thomas Overton
Warranty Advisor
toverton@tmcrv.com
701 C.R. 15
Elkhart IN. 46515
PH. 877-855-2867
FAX 574-294-3618

Just got off the phone with Total Value RV parts department. Their price for a set of seat covers for either the drivers seat or the passengers is $742 for all the covers needed. Looks like I'll be headed to the local upholstery shop for new covers instead of buying these.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
08 Damon Daybreak 3578. I purchased the MH new in 08 and have about 32,000 miles. the driver and passenger seats are not wearing well. The leather is comming off. It seems a little early to have this kind of wear. The fold out couch is also showing signs, not as bad, but I think its only a matter of time. Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and it Damon/Thor might step up.
We are having serious wear where the seat belts contact and rub the seam in the seat cover just above the seat belt lock. Your comment is very timely as we just returned from a two month east coast trip and our trip debrief notes include a task to check on the warranty of the seats. We are 35 months off the lot and at 36.0k miles so expect any repair to be on our dime unless I can get some unexpected sympathy from Damon/Thor.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
I am 21 months off the lot with only 8000 miles. The best they say they can do is is send me the skins for the two front seats and both couches......it will cost me thousands to have the labor done. It seems like Thor/Damon does not want to stand behind its product, but merely wants to hide behind its warranty. It is so obvious that the glue used to hold the vinyl to the backing is defective. It will take a class action to force thor/damon to do the right thing.....also a little embarrassment in rv magazines to give a heads up to future purchasers of their products. GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the oversees car manufacturers could not get away with this.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #40

O.K. folks,please see post # 21. I contacted Flexsteel and they were of some help on the seat covers. However I already had mine in the shop for new covers.The lady I spoke with @ flexsteel was Colleen Kafar. Her email address is colleenkafar@flexsteel.com They are aware of the problem and stated Damon furnished the material and they furnished the frames.It anyone would like to see the email I received for her and Bill at Thor I will sent it to you by e-mail. My e-mail address is hwishard@yahoo.com
hwishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwishard View Post
O.K. folks,please see post # 21. I contacted Flexsteel and they were of some help on the seat covers. However I already had mine in the shop for new covers.The lady I spoke with @ flexsteel was Colleen Kafar. Her email address is colleenkafar@flexsteel.com They are aware of the problem and stated Damon furnished the material and they furnished the frames.It anyone would like to see the email I received for her and Bill at Thor I will sent it to you by e-mail. My e-mail address is hwishard@yahoo.com

The question is are either one of them going to do anything about the problem? The answer I got from Thor is your out of warranty, get lost, we don't care about YOUR problem!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #42

Forest River Owners Club
Same old stuff

Well, I complained to Damon (Thor) and flex steel. I received a shipment of covers for the 2 captain chairs and the 2 couches. Everything included. Flexsteel said, "not my problem. that is the stuff Damon supplied." Damon chose not to stand behind its product, but hide behind the warranty and sent me the material without any hope of installation cost refunds. I examined the new material and found that it is exactly what was originally used. Now before I spend the money to have it installed I must really think if it is worth the money only to have to replace it again in 2 short years. I think it's time to contact an attorney. Oh yes, Damon will win, but if I can inform future purchasers of their product, how they DO NOT stand behind it, only to hide behind their extremely weak warranty. Maybe that will hurt them in the pocketbooks more than doing the right thing by correcting their mistake and replacing defective material with good quality material like they advertise. I won't let this go away, I will let it be known to stay away from Damon (Thor) and I guess I will be left with replacing the covers with the junk they sent me just before I sell the unit, because if I replace it now, I'm on a timer to get rid of it within 2 years when the new stuff will deteriorate. This is just the beginning of my campaign. I'll keep you posted
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote