RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #57

I've had good luck cleaning and preserving leather, Naugahyde, cloth backed vinyl, leatherette and such by using hand cream with lanolin or suntan lotion with UV block. I mean, it's just like skin, treat it that way.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #58

Forest River Owners Club
Damon hides behind the warranty

If it is less than one year old, Damon must replace and install the faux leather (vinyl) If it is more than 1 year old but less than 2, they must only replace the material, but will not install it. More than 2 years old, they do nothing. One problem is that they replace it with the same defective material. Contact Damon asap because the clock is going based on the time you report it. Damon has known for sometime that some of their material has been defective. Flexsteel (manufacturer of the furniture) will not help because they say Damon supplied the material. The only other thing for us to do is band together and embarrass Damon (Thor) by contacting every hot line, review and any other public display about Damon (Thor) and notify anyone considering their products how this company does not stand behind its products but merely hides behind its warranty. The only thing companies like this respond to is pressure from its owners and a reputation that will send future customers elsewhere. I believe with the price of fuel so high, fewer people will purchase RV's and will be very picky as to who gets their business. If Damon (Thor) wants to compete, they must have an excellent reputation. Their reputation is only based on the opinions of past customers and right now that is diminishing fast. And for those out there that are not having a problem with their coaches, keep in mind when something does go wrong, you will be in the same shoes as we who are having problems right now. All Damon (Thor) customers should band together and make them stand behind their products. One never knows when they may become a victim.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've had good luck cleaning and preserving leather, Naugahyde, cloth backed vinyl, leatherette and such by using hand cream with lanolin or suntan lotion with UV block. I mean, it's just like skin, treat it that way.
that sounds good to me, but my wife says shes not putting on her seat
Old 04-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #60

Any cream with lanolin or any seat.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #61

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wonder if Damon may have changed suppliers with the later (2011 and 2012 models.) We have a 2011 Challenger, and it isn't showing any wear on either the captains' chairs or the sofa. I think that both chairs and sofa is covered with the same material. Maybe the company (Damon) received enough negative feedback to get a better covering. BTW, we have over 13,000 miles with a lot of "seat time".

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #62

Forest River Owners Club
First off, if you have the defective material it won't matter what you put on it. The defect is the glue that holds the facing of the material to the backing. The defective material's glue did not hold up and so the flaking of the facing began. It has nothing to do with how much the furniture was used or what was used to clean it. Over a period of time it just begins to flake. Oh yea, guess what country the material came from.
I think the newer units are not affected because Damon (Thor) became aware of the defect and Flexsteel refused to stand behind their product because they claim Damon (Thor) supplied the material for manufacturing of the furniture. However you won't know until time goes on and the glue begins to deteriorate.
My point still stands, all Thor owners must speak out to the fact that they refuse to stand behind their products. When the warranty runs out and your stuck with a situation that should have been fixed when the manufacturer knew about it all the time can happen to anyone of us down the road. If we speak up now, Thor will make sure it does not happen in the future.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
seat

My 2008 day break seat are the same way
scottmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #64

National RV Owners Club
What kills me about the captains chairs is that it often cheaper to buy a whole new Captains Chair (in leather) than it is to recover the existing chair.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #65

National RV Owners Club
Just a quick heads up. Just leafing through the latest Camping World catalogue and they have a deal on Captain's Chair Covers. On sale for $59.99 a pair.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #66

wear on the driver seat

I had the same issue with my 2008 Daybreak, after about 25000, I did not have the issue with my 2006 Daybreak. It had flexsteel chairs while the 08 did not.

I was careful about cleaners.

Paul and Diane
2011 Astoria
pjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #67

Damon Owners Club
We have a 2007 daybreak with 12,000 miles starting to show cracking and arm rest broke.
campergal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #68

Genuine ULTRALEATHER

My name is Danielle Boecker and I am one of the Principals of Ultrafabrics, LLC. We have been selling the Ultraleatherô brand products to the RV trade for almost 20 years. Ultraleatherô has become a recognized brand name for superior quality and performance among the RV industry as well as aviation, marine, healthcare and contract seating to name a few. Due to the outstanding performance characteristics of our products we have achieved a high level of success. This has attracted many knock off products which are inferior to the technologies we use to produce the Ultraleatherô brand fabrics. The models mentioned in the blogs are not known to contain the genuine Ultraleatherô product when originally produced by the RV manufacturer. If you can demonstrate that your interiors utilize the genuine Ultraleatherô brand materials we would be happy to accommodate you with replacement product. If you would like to discuss further please call our Quality Assurance Department toll free at 888-361-9216.
Ultraleather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
The problem product furnished by Damon is called faux leather. I do not think it is the ultra leather brand. It was this faux leather, furnished by Damon and installed by Flexsteel on their captain chairs and couches. The problem I have is that this is a well known problem which Flexsteel acknowledges, but Damon refuses to do the right thing and stand behind their product and fix it. They simply hide behind their warranty and say sorry. Just think if you purchased a new car and after 2 years your leather or for that matter your vinyl seats began to flake due to a defect in the manufacturing of the problem. Any reputable car company will fix the problem immediately to avoid a bad reputation. If they didn't, word will get out and their future sales will be doomed. Unfortunately there are not that many motor home buyers compared to automobiles buyers and when a manufacturer goes rogue, they feel pretty comfortable about not standing behind their products. The thought that in less than 2 years all the seats and couches in my motor home are flaking away and the people who built it say sorry, the warranty is up. So my mission is to inform as many people as I can about how this company does not stand behind its products and before you cash over that $100,000.00 plus on their products, think why you would accept this from Damon/Thor and not accept this behavior from companies that sell products in the $20,000.00 range like Honda, Toyota, Ford or GM. The icing on the cake is the gall of Damon to send me the skins for replacement at my cost of installation and admitting the skins are the same defective material.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
The icing on the cake is the gall of Damon to send me the skins for replacement at my cost of installation and admitting the skins are the same defective material.

At least you got some free covers to install when you sell !! Thor told me to go pound sand and wouldn't even consider supplying another set of covers on a 2 year old 12,000 mile coach.

Some really bad customer service!!!!
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote