RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #1

We arrived at Salisbury Beach State Reservation last night and it was sooo nice to fall asleep in my own camping bed! There is something about the camper that lets me get the best sleep. The weather here has been cool and windy but sunny. Usually I start waxing the MH but today was just a day to walk, let the dogs swim, read a good book and relax! All my systems work flawlessly and it was fun showing the improvements to our friends.
I have email through my Verizon cell phone but I have to do it nights and weekends so I don't use my minutes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend....
Oh, I'm the third Challenger within 200 feet. There's mine, a 1999, and a 1990...didn't even know they made them in 1990...

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #2

We arrived at Salisbury Beach State Reservation last night and it was sooo nice to fall asleep in my own camping bed! There is something about the camper that lets me get the best sleep. The weather here has been cool and windy but sunny. Usually I start waxing the MH but today was just a day to walk, let the dogs swim, read a good book and relax! All my systems work flawlessly and it was fun showing the improvements to our friends.
I have email through my Verizon cell phone but I have to do it nights and weekends so I don't use my minutes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend....
Oh, I'm the third Challenger within 200 feet. There's mine, a 1999, and a 1990...didn't even know they made them in 1990...

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 05-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Usually I start waxing the MH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate waxing these things, they're like painting a bridge, by the time your done, it's time to start over again. What's your weapon(wax)of choice? I use NU Finish for the filon and gel coat for the caps.

Sam
Old 05-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #4

Congrats on making it out this weekend. It looks like we won't make it out until June sometime. We have three wedddings, and a trip to New York before we can go out again. I am jealous.

Enjoy your trip!

Bill
Old 05-05-2007, 02:59 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My weapon of waxing choice is Dry Wasn-n-Guard

Re: E-mail and forum access. Many parks have Wi-Fi now, either Fee or Free based plus if you visit www.jwire.com you may find some eateries in the neighborhood that offer Free wi-fi. I used to stop for breakfast on my way home from work at a place that had free wi-fi, (Independent eatery) Panera Bread (Chain) Some Old Country Buffets (Some) and many other places have it free. Some places (Flying-J Truck stops for example) Have it fee, 20/month is fairly common.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hurricaner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Usually I start waxing the MH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate waxing these things, they're like painting a bridge, by the time your done, it's time to start over again. What's your weapon(wax)of choice? I use NU Finish for the filon and gel coat for the caps.

Sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We use Maguires

Bill
Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #7

Hi Chandler,

What model Verizon cell phone are you using? I have a Samsung 850 and can't find any software to make it email compatible.

Thanks, Harry

2003 Damon Intruder 350
lionel_046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #8

Hi Harry! I have a LG, I think 5300. IT's old but works great. I use Verizons Mobil Office Kit and I was told I backdoor it...whatever that means. It's pretty quick too.

I also use Dri Wash and Guard and love it. I use it on the windows, mirrors, sinks, shower..everything. If I need wax, I go with Nu Finish.

Well I'm heading back outside..talk to you soon.

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #9

Chandler,

Thanks for the info. Guess I will cahnge out phones as the Samsung doesn't appear to support the mobile office,

Thanks again,

Harry

2003 Damon Intruder 350
lionel_046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nokia also has a mobile office as does Sony-Ericcson. I've gone with Nokia

As for LG, Goldstar used to make a microwave that is one of only two I've ever seen that did not have a START or COOK button, you put your bag of pop corn in, twisted the knob, it started, the corn popped, you opened the door, took the bag out, closed the door and it re-started, catching fire and burning down the house (OK, first it was in my office, not my house, never in my house, and 2nd a quick witted co-worker (I was off duty at the time) Grabbed the extinguisher and extinguished it before it burned down the office)

I'd not wish to put that kind of engineering quality in my pocket or on my belt. Would be afraid of being .. Um.. .Embarrassed

Oh, the other one I saw that way... Re-branded Goldstar
Old 05-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #11

John, I didn't know LG was Goldstar?! They were sold at Wal-Mart...cheap, cheap, cheap. I have two LG flip phones and they've been great for the four years I've had them..knock wood!
I'm afraid to change anything because of my free internet. I heard that Verizon is trying to eliminate the backdoor users and you can no longer do it the way I do with the new phones..
I'm not right, am I? (grin)
My next step would be to cancel my home cable internet and get a wireless card with unlimited access..same price.

Oh, we're back home...we had so much fun, I'm going back Tuesday night 'till Thursday. With my weird schedule, I just have to take advantage of the good weather when I can.

Chandler

Wife, Dee