Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pepawntx
Question Fuse Block - trailer harness

I have a '08 Tuscany (4076)... I damaged the 7-pin trailer plug when I drug it going through a low spot. I have since replaced it and wired the replacement just as the original had been wired. Now I do not have power to the new plug for stop lights and/or turn signals. I suspect a short must have occured and blew a fuse. Is there a seperate fuse block (or inline fuse) for the trailering harness? I have checked the fuses located in the Battery Control Center compartment (outside compartment in front of front wheel) as well as the house fuse panel located in the bedroom. What am I overlooking?
pepawntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepawntx View Post
I have a '08 Tuscany (4076)... I damaged the 7-pin trailer plug when I drug it going through a low spot. I have since replaced it and wired the replacement just as the original had been wired. Now I do not have power to the new plug for stop lights and/or turn signals. I suspect a short must have occured and blew a fuse. Is there a seperate fuse block (or inline fuse) for the trailering harness? I have checked the fuses located in the Battery Control Center compartment (outside compartment in front of front wheel) as well as the house fuse panel located in the bedroom. What am I overlooking?
i have to laugh a little...i did the exact same thing on our first big trip heading into the weigh station
there is a frame harness interface up high on the passenger side that the original plugged into, its on the frame about 1 foot or so in.
plus under the "HOOD" up front is another fuse block...yes i know, no mention of it in the books. check the fuses there.
also in the E-bay under the drivers seat accessed from outside there are several black boxes with fuses..not just one big one on the rear wall, i know you probably checked them...but that is the only other place for power feed to the harness
pull the fuse and ohms check it and the check the relays in the same area.
also there is one under the dash far left side forward, near the trailer harness breakout connector
hope it helps
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
There is a fuse compartment where my shore power cord is stored, along with
the transfer switch. It is black plastic, 6" x 8" or so. It contains the
fuses for the tow harness. There is a schematic inside the cover.
I have a 2008 Tuscany 4076. Hope this helps.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thanks macadnphyl, i figured that box was just engine management...
learned a new one today

I went out and pulled the panel off the areins box cover, my f/l book is cryptic
however
connector 3 has 8 wires
and under the cover its even more confusing

the HOT out appears to be position 3h (ign out tow)
could have just said + out
funny thing is this connection box does not the brake feed for trailer brakes in it....the connector is under the dash, but where o where is the power for it on a fuse block .
anyway
the pin out is as follows
3a rev tow
3b extra
3c extra
3d extra
3e r turn out
3f marker out
3g l turn out
3h ign out tow
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to pepawntx
Thanks to all... got my problem solved today. Driver's side, rear compartment. Yep, the one that contains your shore power cable. You'll find a little black box... remove the screws and work the cover out from under the wires. There they are - the fuses for the trailer harness (They are labled inside the cover). I had two blown and quickly solved my problem after finding them. This is a Freightliner item so not any mention of it in any of the Damon material. Again, thanks to all.
pepawntx is offline   Reply With Quote