Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #1

Hide-a-bed air matteress?

Hi all,
I've got this sofa in my coach that folds out for a piece of junk air mattress. No matter how much I inflate it or little we can feel the metal bars going across it. And of course it we fill it up to much it arches our backs. This thing is so uncomfortable one has a hard time sleeping on it.
Pulling the drawer out about half way helps some to keep it level.but...

Have any of you's guy's come up with a fix? or replacement?

Thanks for your input.

Ron
Danorske is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We have this one, I do not know if it is the same one you have or not. My wife sleeps on it and says it is very comfortable for her and the Kitties!

Sofa Sleeper Replacement Mattress, Air Dream: Air over coil-air spring coil mattress.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Ron, we have the same thing. I believe I have pulled that beast out twice - never inflated the matress. Cannot imagine trying to sleep on such a thing. Tried an air mat years ago and frankly preferred the floor.
Now the sleep number in the bedroom is an entirely different thing. Hated it for about 3 trips and then spent a little over three months sleeping there while we were volunteering and learned to love that. But the pull out thing - a resounding NO!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We also have the Air Dream (in a Flexsteel hide-a-bed couch) like Jim Stewart has, we (and our in-laws) find it very comfortable, almost too comfortable.

When we ordered the coach it was supposed to come with an air mattress but did not. To rectify this Newmar replaced the mattress plus the mechanism of the couch as the air mattress could be damaged by the old mechanism. All under warranty, of course.

They did say that the new mechanism was compatible with both air and non-air mattresses, if you have the Flexsteel maybe you could replace the air mattress with a standard hide-a-bed mattress?

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am so happy to see i am not the only one unhappy with the blow up bed
its great for one grandchild and dog, but adults its just not right
i am in the process now of putting my lane twin sized love seat hide a bed in the coach
it is 2" narrower than the current couch, but i have to disassemble almost all of it to get it through the door. the hold up is the teardown,

if any one has a jig to hold the front slide i could just pop the slide out and it would be a piece of cake
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #6

You guys keep talking about the air dream. Thats not in the coach is it?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danorske View Post
You guys keep talking about the air dream. Thats not in the coach is it?
mine is a not a special bed,
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The Air Dream is a mattress that looks like a regular mattress when inflated and it has springs around the edge inside of the cover. In my wifes opinion, far superior to a Comfort Select (number bed). The Air Dream is $319-$329 depending on how long you need it! Very best bang for your buck!
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Where can i try out the Air Stream blow up mattress,I also have the thing in 2008 Tuscany not good at all!We do love the ride!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Yes, the Air Dream is what's in my coach as well. Very comfortable...

Probably the best place to try one is your local RV store. Several brands of coaches have them as options, ask for the Flexsteel Hide-a-Bed bed with the Airbed (or Air Dream) option.

Stewart
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #11

So, Does this Air Dream just deflate and fold up into the sofa like the present one does?
Ron
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Yes!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #13

I don't understand,, The guys that DON'T have a Tuscany all say the air will fit. All hide a beds aren't created equal. This thing I've got the mattress folds up and drops down behind the sofa backrest, nothing goes under the seat cushion. With the Air mattress its deflated to 5" I don't see how it could fold up and still fit behind the sofa backrest. Mind you, I've got an 08 Tuscany 4079. I can't find any brand name on this sofa, so I don't know what brand it is.

Thanks for helping clear this up.
Ron
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Ron, you are correct, all hide-a-bed's are not equal. The Air Dream Jim and I are talking about is made for the Flexsteel hide-a-bed (at least in our cases), sorry I don't know the model. It sounds like Damon has used another brand hide-a-bed with the Tuscany.

Our mattresses fold just like a normal house-style hide-a-bed would, i.e. about 1/3 goes up behind the backrest and 2/3 of it folds and becomes what the seat cushions rest on.

Stewart