Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I'm still in the looking stages but I'm leaning toward a 373W for the reason of the rear sitting area. Very nice, and a quiet place to sit and read. DW and I also don't always like the same TV stations. Are there any other main floor plan options within the 373W? The Winn. Adventurer 37B has a similar layout and the Winn. 38R is another nice model. I know this is an Intruder thread but any opinions would be appreciated. Any particular year 05, 06, 07 more favorable?
Well, I had thought about this, but it's a 2002. Nice though.
2002Â*Gulf StreamÂ*Sun Voyager M-8378 w/3 SlidesÂ*listed on RVOnline.com -RVs for Sale
tacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I don't know anything about the Gulfstreams? It looks nice. It shows there are other options than the Intruder 373W and the 37B Adventurer.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #31

BEWARE OF OLD MOTORHOMES WITH LOW MILEAGE !! THEY ARE MONEY PITS..No kiddin
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
BEWARE OF OLD MOTORHOMES WITH LOW MILEAGE !! THEY ARE MONEY PITS..No kiddin

Can you explain your experience?
Old 12-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #33

As far as this one goes, no money pit so far. Been living in it in crappy cold wet weather and just very few issues. I guess it could be a money pit if one decided that they just had to upgrade everything, mostly the dated interior.

tacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #34

Wink Low Mileage MH's

Quote:
Can you explain your experience?
This is not only my opinion but the opinion of many others I have talked to. When these mohos sit for a long time. Seals everywhere tend to dry out and leak. Expensive fix depending on where they are and how hard it is to get to them ($$$ per hour) I would rather have a 100,000 mile coach than a 15 yr old one with 15,000 on it. Engines and transmissions were made to work and not sit around while seals and parts dry out and rust. I think most of you know what I'm talking about. This is the last I'll say on the subject.Iam sure not everyone will agree with me. You certainly have the right not to.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Beware... money pit.

A motor home, any motor home, is "Highway Boat" Now as we all know a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into.. Make it road, and you got a motor home, New, used, Old, new, high Low millage matters not nor does make and model.. That said.

My Intruder (2005 377W) even with the upcoming cost of a new or used or rebulit engine is still cheaper than the sticks and bricks was.

I like it

As to the windshileld issue

First time Guardian Glass (Detroit area) re-set it, kid barley old enough to shave, Said "it will likely come out again" was right

Second time Dave Simpson, Simpson Glass, Las Vegas.. i'm not sure it would have come out again after he did it but he did not like the job, took photos, convinced Damon to re-do it,, i was passing by the plant (Well 30 miles) anyway so we scheduled..

Third time lasted till about 2012 (like six years).

I put a pair of ratchiting cargo straps on it, one high, one low, and they hold the glass in place downright nicely.. IF the Fire Dept ever needs to pull the windshield due to an accident, they can easily cut the straps.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Beware... money pit.

A motor home, any motor home, is "Highway Boat" Now as we all know a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into.. Make it road, and you got a motor home, New, used, Old, new, high Low millage matters not nor does make and model.. That said.

My Intruder (2005 377W) even with the upcoming cost of a new or used or rebulit engine is still cheaper than the sticks and bricks was.

I like it

As to the windshileld issue

First time Guardian Glass (Detroit area) re-set it, kid barley old enough to shave, Said "it will likely come out again" was right

Second time Dave Simpson, Simpson Glass, Las Vegas.. i'm not sure it would have come out again after he did it but he did not like the job, took photos, convinced Damon to re-do it,, i was passing by the plant (Well 30 miles) anyway so we scheduled..

Third time lasted till about 2012 (like six years).

I put a pair of ratchiting cargo straps on it, one high, one low, and they hold the glass in place downright nicely.. IF the Fire Dept ever needs to pull the windshield due to an accident, they can easily cut the straps.

What windshield issue?
Old 12-08-2014, 05:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
This is not only my opinion but the opinion of many others I have talked to. When these mohos sit for a long time. Seals everywhere tend to dry out and leak. Expensive fix depending on where they are and how hard it is to get to them ($$$ per hour) I would rather have a 100,000 mile coach than a 15 yr old one with 15,000 on it. Engines and transmissions were made to work and not sit around while seals and parts dry out and rust. I think most of you know what I'm talking about. This is the last I'll say on the subject.Iam sure not everyone will agree with me. You certainly have the right not to.
This is rather dramatic.

What particular "engine or transmission" seal dries out? Where does the leak come from? Please answer that if you can.

Did this happen to you? If so, did you test drive it before you bought it? How did you ever get a dried up motorhome to the mechanic so he could inspect it for you before you buy it.

You are talking extreme cases here. Any smart buyer gets things checked out before they buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Beware... money pit.

A motor home, any motor home, is "Highway Boat" Now as we all know a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into.. Make it road, and you got a motor home, New, used, Old, new, high Low millage matters not nor does make and model..
I bought mine used, 10 years old with 22K at the time. It sat up for a couple of years with little or no use before I bought it.

I only pour gas into mine. The hole it goes into is the gas tank.
mauricedorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricedorri View Post
This is rather dramatic.

What particular "engine or transmission" seal dries out? Where does the leak come from? Please answer that if you can.

Did this happen to you? If so, did you test drive it before you bought it? How did you ever get a dried up motorhome to the mechanic so he could inspect it for you before you buy it.

You are talking extreme cases here. Any smart buyer gets things checked out before they buy them.

I bought mine used, 10 years old with 22K at the time. It sat up for a couple of years with little or no use before I bought it.

I only pour gas into mine. The hole it goes into is the gas tank.

And your model is?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #39

Quote:
And your model is?
Check my signature line.

I have a 2004 Intruder with the workhorse engine and 373 layout. I love this thing. I've had it a year.

Its big, but its beautiful. Other than the cheap knobs and cabinet hardware (very easy to fix), its just fine.
mauricedorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
We have been refreshing our interior for several year, a little at a time. Not very expensive. New shower head. Throw out one sofa and added a work station desk. Replace the blinds. Key is one or two project a year, just like at the house.
Our DP has about 47k miles in seven years.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #41

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Damon Intruder

We just got our 2002 Intruder 375 Ford F53 in September 2014. It had 24.6K on it but the previous owner let it sit in the sun to long in the desert.
So far I have put in an aux rear stabilizer bar, Koni shocks, and. Safety Steer. Drives like a charm now.
Had to replace the left front windshield after the frame popped out driving down I5. We had Wilkinsons RV Glass do the repair using Guardian Glass and glued in with Simpson seal. You can see a video of his work on the RV Geeks You Tube channel.
I also tore out the carpet back to the bedroom installed laminate flooring and tile in the bath. I'm in the process of changing over to LED lights inside and removing the dark graphics on the body.
Toni
Thebrightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #42

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Updates
New Eyes
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_121734.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	142218
ExtClick image for larger version