Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
AC update: it's has not been as hot as the one frightful Saturday we have 100+ degree days and the 15k BTU units are keeping Thor cool. Hopefully we will no have to a third AC. Anybody need a perfectly good 13.5k btu heat pump by Coleman? I will deal!
I would hold on to them...somebody will wont one of them..things breaking is a constant theme in this endeavor! Glad to hear Thor is staying cooler...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #156

Not much chatter out of our group...everybody must be happy and nothings broke!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #157

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Yip, we are at Mt. Shasta CA, camping at Lake Siskiyou below the completely snow capped mountain. Yip, life in the 2008 Astoria 3786 is good. We'll be here a week then north to Oregon for a week or two or three. With the exception of the front captain's chairs all is working as it should. We are now at 41K miles. Oh, and the fuel mileage from or home to the mountain averaged 11.1MPG.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #158

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh and we looked at a new Tiffin, nice,but the dealer wanted our MH plus 100K. I can replace the captain chairs, buy a color rear view camera, put in a desk where the sofa bed is and bank $90K. Life is good in the Damon.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #159

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Getting ready to flee the "Great White North" in a month so took the coach into reputable local dealer to get any re caulkin done. I asked if the TPO roof needed any special treatment and was told no - not like the old rubber ones. Anyone else got any thoughts on this matter
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOGilroy View Post
Oh and we looked at a new Tiffin, nice,but the dealer wanted our MH plus 100K. I can replace the captain chairs, buy a color rear view camera, put in a desk where the sofa bed is and bank $90K. Life is good in the Damon.
Tiffins are nice...but the next one I will get...if I ever do will be the Itasca Meridian...42 tag...but we still love our Astoria!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #161

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yip, we are at Mt. Shasta CA, camping at Lake Siskiyou below the completely snow capped mountain. Yip, life in the 2008 Astoria 3786 is good. We'll be here a week then north to Oregon for a week or two or three. With the exception of the front captain's chairs all is working as it should. We are now at 41K miles. Oh, and the fuel mileage from or home to the mountain averaged 11.1MPG.
Well, very impressive MPG. Do you operate Allison transmission setting in "economy mode" to get such good MPG? Our 3470 avg is 8.5 with our '09 Ford Flex toad.
LEZM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #162

Hi everyone! We recently upgraded our 2001 Winnebago Journey to a 2009 Damon Astoria! We've had it for 2 months and think it's a wonderful vehicle. I've also enjoyed lurking and reading everyone's tips and best practices. This is extremely valuable as a resource for a new owner.

That said, I have what I hope is an easy question but something I've struggled to find the answer to. The only way I have been able to get the entry steps to store under the RV is to leave the cabin batteries on (as opposed to store) and hit the switch enabling the steps to store. How is it possible to get the steps to go into storage mode when the cabin batteries are completely turned off?

Thank you for any assistance!
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfligner View Post
Hi everyone! We recently upgraded our 2001 Winnebago Journey to a 2009 Damon Astoria! We've had it for 2 months and think it's a wonderful vehicle. I've also enjoyed lurking and reading everyone's tips and best practices. This is extremely valuable as a resource for a new owner. That said, I have what I hope is an easy question but something I've struggled to find the answer to. The only way I have been able to get the entry steps to store under the RV is to leave the cabin batteries on (as opposed to store) and hit the switch enabling the steps to store. How is it possible to get the steps to go into storage mode when the cabin batteries are completely turned off? Thank you for any assistance!
Welcome aboard! If it is like my 2011...i shut the screen door which closes the steps. Stick your hand through the slider opening in the screen door and hit the store switch. Then I turn off the coach batteries (they power stairs). The coach will emit an electric humming sound coming from the compartment by the front driver side...it turns off in about 30 minutes or so...then you are good to go...but wait for that humming sound to stop...
Old 09-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #164

JFlinger welcome, I hope that you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #165

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfligner View Post
Hi everyone! We recently upgraded our 2001 Winnebago Journey to a 2009 Damon Astoria! We've had it for 2 months and think it's a wonderful vehicle. I've also enjoyed lurking and reading everyone's tips and best practices. This is extremely valuable as a resource for a new owner.

That said, I have what I hope is an easy question but something I've struggled to find the answer to. The only way I have been able to get the entry steps to store under the RV is to leave the cabin batteries on (as opposed to store) and hit the switch enabling the steps to store. How is it possible to get the steps to go into storage mode when the cabin batteries are completely turned off?

Thank you for any assistance!
Welcome. Another GREAT looking Astoria
Old 09-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #166

Thanks Jim - never thought of doing that. It should work. On a side note, that's really a poor design decision on the part of Damon but if this does the fix, it's not that major of a problem.
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #167

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use the economy mode, 55 MPH on the cruise control. The 735 mile round trip to Mount Shasta the average COMPUTED (miles/gallons to top off) 11.3 and we used the generator for 1.1 hours.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #168

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We use the economy mode, 55 MPH on the cruise control. The 735 mile round trip to Mount Shasta the average COMPUTED (miles/gallons to top off) 11.3 and we used the generator for 1.1 hours.
Thank you very much.