Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #379

I ran 64max on a trip to Sturgis & got 10.1.
Liz & I will have to check out Smokey Bear CG. I love to fish
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #380

You will live Smokey Bear...the trout fishing is somewhat technical...small streams with a pretty tight canopy around you...fly fish for the rainbows...all natives loaded with color...very wild and spooky fish. I fish the Greenbriar and Big Creek sections of the national park.
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #381

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
That's a lot of solar generation you've got topside. You must do a lot of boon docking.
What type of battery storage do you have? When you are on inverter power do all your a/c outlets come live. In my unit only the entertainment center and a couple of outlets are hot when we're off the grid. The microwave and about half the outlets are not energized.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
You will live Smokey Bear...the trout fishing is somewhat technical...small streams with a pretty tight canopy around you...fly fish for the rainbows...all natives loaded with color...very wild and spooky fish. I fish the Greenbriar and Big Creek sections of the national park.
Jim,
That is the kind of fishing I love the best and have not done it in 30+ years. It's been all lake fishing since I left California. I used to stream fish in small pockets all the time in the Sierra mountains. I should say I miss that kind of fishing and those kind of mountains being close (1 away).
Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #383

Quick question. Our 2009 Astoria Captain chairs have started to peel and crack to the point where we have to either have them reupholstered or purchase covers to stop the continued loss of the leather / vinyl covering the seat. Has anyone else had this problem and is this something Thor should cover under warranty? Thank you for any information or ideas.
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #384

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your seats. Are they Flex Steel seats covered with "Natures Alternative". Ours are and they are wearing OK. If I were you I'd contact the manufacturer of the seats and send them some pictures and copy Thor into your complaint. If you are taking reasonable care of the seats and using a reliable leather/vinyl cleaner you should have a case for some kind of restitution. Good Luck!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #385

Sorry to hear about your seats. I am pretty sure you can get the "skins" from flex and do it yourself...if they do not replace... Ours are wearing OK...I use a mild soap solution to clean them (joy dish washing detergent) and micro fiber towel wrung out to just being damp. Same thing I use for just about everything...learned that trick in the yacht delivery business.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #386

Sorry to hear about your seats. If they are Flexsteels that issue has written about extensively on this forum. A quick search should find quite a bit of info. Agree with Jim about the skins.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #387

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britcanuck View Post
That's a lot of solar generation you've got topside. You must do a lot of boon docking.
What type of battery storage do you have? When you are on inverter power do all your a/c outlets come live. In my unit only the entertainment center and a couple of outlets are hot when we're off the grid. The microwave and about half the outlets are not energized.

We are now doing more boondocking. We joined Harvest Host and have found really fun places to stay for "free". We have stayed at Vineyards, and berry farms in the Pacific NW. It's nice to not have to run the generator.

Battery storage- we now have 6 lifeline 6V batteries and upgraded from the original little 1800W modified sine wave inverter that was installed at the factory to the Magnum 2812 inverter/converter. Old converter is still wired in but unplugged as a spare if ever needed.

We had another sub panel installed and now all AC outlets except aircon and water heater are powered by the inverter/battery bank. We even have the refrig powered by the inverter, however at night were switch it to gas since it is a real pig, ~>30amps/hr! Currently, under broken clouds in Oregon, I'm producing 40 amps... Batteries are at 100%. As the clouds get thicker, I'll switch the fridge to gas.

We have not used the generator for two weeks now.

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #388

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfligner View Post
Quick question. Our 2009 Astoria Captain chairs have started to peel and crack to the point where we have to either have them reupholstered or purchase covers to stop the continued loss of the leather / vinyl covering the seat. Has anyone else had this problem and is this something Thor should cover under warranty? Thank you for any information or ideas.
Yep, bad, bad bad! There is a lot written about it. We ended up not liking our seat and wanted different seats with a foot stool for the copilot, adjustable arms, lumbar support and a different style. Replaced them in January and are so over the frustration of looking at the flaking material. Costly but we are happy with our 2008 Astoria 3786. We are now doing another inside mod, we are having a sofa behind the driver removed and a new desk from Davis Cabinets installed. That should be next week.

Add six new tires and I'll be done with it for a few years...

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #389

Damon Owners Club
My captains chair seat bottom is pealing and so is the head rest. My Astoria is a 2008. Guess it is time to contact Flex Steel and see if they can help. Thanks for the post.
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #390

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have being doing some tidying up of the rats nests of cabling in the entertainment cupboard above the main TV in our 2010 3772. I had most of it done when the grandkids arrived and I left the project unfinished, Now I'm having a hard time getting it back working again. Main TV is fine but can't get a signal to the bedroom tv. Does anyone know a) on the Weinguard distribution selector box does the bedroom TV feed from the TV 2 or TV 3 coaxial port? b) All the coaxial cable have color bands on them. Does anyone know what they mean? I have to take the mob to Silverwood Park in Idaho for the Labor day week and I want to be able to escape to the bedroom occasionally for a little respite!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #391

Our Astoria is configured different... But I bet if you look at the cable going into the back of the bedroom TV it will have one of the color stripes on it...match it to your box up front...a process of elimination would also work but takes time to do it. Hopefully somebody else will chime in...
Old 08-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #392

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just getting ready for a trip and ran into a problem with the Lippert levelling system on our 2010 3772. I dumped the air out of the suspension and with the engine running started the levelling system. The rear jacks came down and then the system stopped. The control panel is still live so I turned it off and back on again and tried to retract the jacks but there is no response from the system although I can hear something 'clicking' on the other side of the firewall when I press the retract button. Trying to start the system in auto mode does nothing except the clicking sound when the button is pushed. Can't get hold of Lippert until Tuesday morning so hoping someone on here would have any ideas. Got lots of fluid and no leaks.