Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
I will take some pics of mine and post...quite a bit different than yours...anyway I guess when I want to winterize I will turn that valve on near the waterpump so I can use the winterize suction fitting in the wet bay and take suction from the jug of the pink stuff...sounds pretty straight forward...but how in the heck do you get the pink stuff in the icemaker lines? When I disconnected the waterline coming sown from fridge...it said approx 1 qt of water should trickle out...noway that much came out! The good news is I have all summer to figure it out ;-) I have found a few screws so far...have yet to start taking stuff apart like you did though...

ice maker i would disconnect the line at the valve and let it drain out, then you wont need any anti freeze.

then just pump the anti stuff up to the valve and your all done

luckily for us we havent been out of our rig long enough to winterize
although we have been through several weeks of below 20F at night

OH and MODS......search here in this damon spot....oh boy have we done some things and so has doc and a few others.
we are lucky to have the big desk already built in

last one was new led spotlights in the bedroom....can you say BRIGHT

pulled out the useless cabinet under the stove top and made a slide out tray mucho easier access
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	under stove cabinet4.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	36847   Click image for larger version

Name:	new led lights.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	36848  

Name:	new led lights2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	36849  
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #44

Nice work!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #45

New question: my power bill jumped significantly with my 2011 Astoria plugged into my 50 amp service at my house... Part of the increase I know was occasional hot starts turned on on cold days when I was going to crank the engine, ran the Norcold for a few days, and the heat pumps... No doubt those will make the electric meter spin. Anyway... When I secure the battery switch located in the cranking battery compartment(located below the house bats) and I secure the (bat store/use switch) located on the panel by the exit stairs/door...I still here an electrical humming in the exterior compartment below the front drivers side of the coach (black plastic box full of fuses and stuff...is where the humming is originating)...so something is still drawing power. Probably not a bunch of power is being pulled and I am assuming it is coming off the house bats...

Anybody got a clue on how to secure everything without disconnecting wires from my battery banks? That would be somewhat of a hassle to do...and eventually I will bugger up a connection or not get it tight enough;-)

I might have to live with it and just pay the electric company more $$ !
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #46

Jim, I would install a marine grade battery switch in the battery compartment. The name brand I use on the boat is Perko. I think the spelling is correct.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #47

Tks Bear...I have a Perko type switch int lower compartment for the cranking bats...so you installed a switch for the house bats as well?

Oh and we finally took the coach out for a 3 day trip...wow...that thing is sweet!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-739292720.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	37350  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #48

Congrats on the successful voyage! I have not installed a switch on my house batteries yet. So far with our frequency of use I don't have a need; however, I would not hesitate to add one if I thought there was a significant parasitic drain.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #49

Any of you guys treated your roof lately? Mine has never been done to my knowledge...does not sound difficult...use dicor cleaner and then apply some dicor u/v protectant...any tricks of the trade?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my roof is that tpo stuff, nothing to do but wash it off periodically

did they change and put a rubber roof on newer models

speaking of power usage
ours at the rv port home base if we are gone is $50-60 per month (deep freeze and fridge plus out side lights that are motion activated) if i plug in the tuscany and we are in it all the time
power goes up to $95-120 during normal temps out side 60-75F
i
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #51

It is TPO so I cleaned it. Once I got up there and started cleaning...I was thinking that it did not remotely resemble the roof on our Montana 5er we use to have! Much better roof I would say...cant see any seams...as they are somehow welded/fused together.
On another subject...I did figure out how to completely kill the power draw in the coach...I think...the humming noise had something to do with the auto-steps...so close screen door...steps retract...stick tour hand through the screen door handle slot and secure "store" switch on DW's side...I guess you could also just stay in the coach and shut the door too! Its weird though...I swear I have done the same procedure before...and heard the humming noise...its the little things in life that drive you crazy ;-) I am still figuring things out...but absolutely love our Astoria!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #52

Perfect weekend of Glamping with extended family at Lake Ray Roberts State Park in Pilot Point, Texas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2475818249.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	615.0 KB
ID:	38214  
Old 05-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #53

Looks and sounds like fun! Hope you did not loose to much $$!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #54

Misread...thought it was gambling! The DW calls it glamping also...her version of roughing it...I waxed the coach this weekend...wonder how many square feet it was...
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #55

Fuel consumption update, 750 miles pulling '09 1/2 ton Chevy Crew cab 9.33 MPG w/ genny going hard.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Fuel consumption update, 750 miles pulling '09 1/2 ton Chevy Crew cab 9.33 MPG w/ genny going hard.
Thats pretty darn good...you are pullin some weight and had the genset runnin...I got 9 pullin my little Tracker...but a good bit of stop and go/red lights...I should get better when she breaks in and straight interstate driving...I hope!