Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunner View Post
Have any 2011 Astoria 40kt owners replaced the shower.? ??? Our shower has been pain the a $$ since we bought this mh, has been re -sealed and reinforced at factory and still has movement in the floor and seals won't hold because of the flimsy walls and floor. Any ideas how to solve this are welcome.
Hi Yes my shower floor flexes quite a bit and I have been thinking of reinforcing it with some insulating foam that expands, I think there are products out there that can do this. Another alternative is to get under the shower pane and place a strong Styrofoam block or blocks where one would stand in the shower. I think the access under the shower can be done through the vent at the front of the shower.

Cheers,

Ray "Ballena" Astoria 40KT 2011
Raytaylor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #604

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Bear
I think you'll find the wait for the Bilstein's worth it. Those stock Sachs are - what can I say- inexpensive made in Mexico. I installed Bilstein's a year ago and the swishy body roll coming off curbs and ramps etc was all gone. There is some help when a semi passes you doing 80+ but that is still a bit of a challenge. Overall I found they were worth the investment.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #605

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bilsteins Cost and Install ?

Can you provide Purchase Cost and Install Labor Cost ?
ed
Old 07-06-2015, 06:25 AM   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldtbird.06 View Post
Can you provide Purchase Cost and Install Labor Cost ?
ed

I will provide an accurate total once I get the install done and final invoices, but it will be very close to $4k.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #607

Air conditioners

Hi, this seem like a silly question. But can I run my air conditioners or my heat pump on 30 amp service?
lawestfal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #608

My AC and heat pumps work on 30 amps. The power management systems sheds loads as is appropriate.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #609

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawestfal View Post
Hi, this seem like a silly question. But can I run my air conditioners or my heat pump on 30 amp service?
at 30 amps I only run one unit.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #610

Thank you. My husband was saying we would probably only be able to run one unit.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #611

Improved AC

I am typically just a reader of this thread just to continue to learn more about these Coaches from all of your wisdom and experiences.....however thought I would add that I just upgraded my 13,500 heat pumps with 2 new Penguins 15,000 heat pump on my 2008 Astoria -- and what a difference. We have two daughters that play travel softball so our coach spends the majority of its time at softball fields every weekend on the hot asphalt--- and we all enjoy coming into a nice cold RV after a hot game.

DBenson
DBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOGilroy View Post
at 30 amps I only run one unit.

I can only run one unit on 30 amps...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #613

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Got them from Shock Warehouse see below. Local truck shop intalled them. Just under $400 if I remember correctly

Manufacturer: Bilstein Brand: 4600 Heavy Duty (B6)

Part Number Position Package Qty

24-234498 Front 1 $91.04 each
Free Shipping Submit
Important: Only fits models with solid front axle.

24-234504 Rear 1 $91.04 each
Free Shipping Submit
Important: Only fits models with solid front axle. Mono beam front suspension

24-065412 Rear 1 $117.49 each
Free Shipping Submit
Old 07-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #614

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
My AC and heat pumps work on 30 amps. The power management systems sheds loads as is appropriate.
Very interesting about power management system shedding loads. Friend of mine has a Itasca with PM System which shows power load and shuts appliances off if load becomes excessive. I was envious as my 2010 Astoria didn't have this feature. Have I missed something or was it only coaches post 2011 that had this feature?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #615

Britt,

Not sure, I will post a picture of what I have tomorrow. That way you can see if they are the same. I would think yours will shed loads if needed as even my '05 Bounder would shed loads, but I'm no expert.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #616

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Britt,

Not sure, I will post a picture of what I have tomorrow. That way you can see if they are the same. I would think yours will shed loads if needed as even my '05 Bounder would shed loads, but I'm no expert.
Great. Look forward to seeing what you have. What year is your Astoria. Mine is titled as a 2011 but that was a quirk of licensing authorities. It has a 2010 body, a 2010 chassis. I guess if it looks like a 2010 and walks like a 2010, it is - right!