Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #645

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Attachment 101149this is where we are today!

David, Heidi, M and Moose(the lab)
2011 Damon Astoria
Pulling an'09 Chevy CrewCab.
I'm drooling with envy. Getting back to the check valves. Building a motorhome is like building a house. There are the parts that meet code. But there are parts that you really should use.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #646

Fresh Water Holding Tank

Good morning,
Sorry if Im posting in the wrong area.
Filled our water holding tank in our Astoria yesterday. Having trouble keeping the pump primed. The pump runs but no water. We normally have full hookup to city water direct and havent needed to carry water.

Any suggestions? Not sure if its a lever or a possible leak. Only leak noticing right now is from the overflow.

Thank you.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawestfal View Post
Hi All,

So I finally was able to get my satellite tv hooked up, but had to run it through the window. Does anyone know how to get it to run directly through my cable hook up in my outside compartment?

I purchased the winegard carryout model and was easily able to find satelite, but I dint like having to run it through the window when we have this fancy hookup inside the ent center.

Attachment 101056

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438012067.840270.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	101294
I use the box of many buttons...top shelf...VCS-10 Magnadyne 5 source input,3 output video switching center
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #648

Quote:
Good morning,
Filled our water holding tank in our Astoria yesterday. Having trouble keeping the pump primed. The pump runs but no water. We normally have full hookup to city water direct and havent needed to carry water.

Any suggestions? Not sure if its a lever or a possible leak. Only leak noticing right now is from the overflow.

Thank you.

You have to bleed all of the air out of your system...including the shower...run every faucet...commode...outside shower...until it is a steady flow...then go to your wet bay and turn the pump on. Sometimes I will turn the outside shower faucet on briefly...while it is trying to prime...
Old 07-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
You have to bleed all of the air out of your system...including the shower...run every faucet...commode...outside shower...until it is a steady flow...then go to your wet bay and turn the pump on. Sometimes I will turn the outside shower faucet on briefly...while it is trying to prime...
Thanks Jim. Turns out it was a valve hidden behind a panel in the wet bay that was closed for winteerization. Too bad you have to take the thing apart to find it. Once he found that it was fine.
lawestfal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #650

Yep...you will need that if you winterize...
Old 07-28-2015, 05:03 AM   #651

Quote:
Good morning,

Thank you.
I have a 2009 and had the same problem after I had the coach dewinterized. Open the water compartment (where your waste dump is located). There is a black cover that hides the water pump in the upper right section of the compartment. Remove the screws that attach the cover and make sure the valve is in the *on* or *open* position (the same direction as the pipe). That *should* fix the problem.
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:10 AM   #652

Quote:
Hi All,
So I finally was able to get my satellite tv hooked up, but had to run it through the window. Does anyone know how to get it to run directly through my cable hook up in my outside compartment?
I purchased the winegard carryout model and was easily able to find satelite, but I dint like having to run it through the window when we have this fancy hookup inside the ent center.

Attachment 101056

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,
SAT inputs require a direct line to your SAT receiver. The problem you are probably having is that the cable input on the exterior of the coach is split somewhere before it ends up at you SAT receiver. Most coaches have the SAT installed on the roof and the two coax line are run directly to a control box and then sent directly to the SAT receivers. The video of the SAT receiver can be split if needed but not the input.
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #653

Thank you. You are correct! That's exactly what my husband said he ended up doing and it worked. We're making a tag that hangs out on the outside of the panel, so we don't forget about it. Lol. Learning about these rigs can be a little trying. Laurie
Old 07-29-2015, 01:06 AM   #654

rv alarm systems

Any thoughts on rv alarm systems? Has anyone installed an after market system.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #655

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
alarms

Quote:
Any thoughts on rv alarm systems? Has anyone installed an after market system.
I would also like to hear any feed back about alarms. It seems the era of screeching car alarms that everybody fitted at one time and nobody paid any attention to have gone the way of the DoDo bird. The two considerations are vehicle theft and content theft both of which have to be addressed separately.
Vehicle theft can be handled with immobilizing devices of which there are dozens available. Content theft is a difficult issue as there are many ways to break into an RV. As mentioned earlier I don't think any bystanders take any notice of loud alarms but it might scare an intruder off as there is still the element of doubt that someone may come to check the vehicle. Then there is the issue of protection when the unit is occupied or unoccupied. In the first case if you park in a reputable RV park it is unlikely you will have an intruder. As you slide down the scale from there from WalMart parking lots to rest stops the risk increases exponentially. What do you do to protect yourself at home? When the vehicle is in storage somewhere when not in use then the more floodlights and razor wire the better. That's my take but I would like to hear from others.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #656

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Basement Door Replacement ?

Can someone suggest where we might locate a Replacement Door for our Damon Astoria Pacific...Grey Color Scheme and no decals.
OEM or simply a no longer used derelict Rv not being used junker ?
Spotter and Driver not coordinated during a visit to Devils Tower.
Any RV Scraper Location ?
See attached photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	basement door.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	103537  
Old 08-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #657

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldtbird.06 View Post
Can someone suggest where we might locate a Replacement Door for our Damon Astoria Pacific...Grey Color Scheme and no decals.
See attached photo
I feel your pain. I missed seeing a hydrant as I made a right turn in my town. Fortunately the hydrant stood its ground but the cargo door ripped open like a sardine can. A very good body shop that I have used for our cars got tangled up in the bureaucracy at Thor trying to get a replacement. Fortunately the B/S owner knew of a machine shop that did a lot of aluminum work. They made a replacement within a week and the B/S did a super job of repainting it. Mine has the full body paint job and the result was better than original. The colour and the swirls were right on and the paint was far superior than original. Making a new one is not that complicated. It's just fabrication work. See if your favorite B/S shop knows a machine shop that can make a replacement. I think the final cost was about 4 Grand but my insurance kindly took care of that as it was my only claim for a few years. If you find a used one that needs 're-shaping' watch out as aluminum stretches.
Good luck. Pictures on request if required
Old 08-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #658

Damon Owners Club
Basement Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldtbird.06 View Post
See attached photo
I replaced one on my 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific. I had to special order it from the factory because I couldn't find one at a salvage. Check with Colaws in Missouri for a replacement. You need to know the size because they are not all the same. I also had to paint the replacement door. It was all paint, no decals. I got the paint from Sherwin Williams auto paint with the codes from Damon. I slightly damaged 3 doors, but only one had to be replaced. Hope yours looks as good as mine when you are finished. BTW, I turned too sharp when I "thought" I had clearance.
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote