RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #897

Thor Owners Club
Nightlights damon astoria do not work

Hallo to you all,
I asked elsewere on the i rv2 forum, but do it again on this astoria forum, because we imported a new to us 2008 damon astorria 3772 pavific edition to Holland recently.
All my nightlights suddenly do not work. I looked in the back of the MH at the house fuse box. All fuses seem oke. Everything else seems to work, accept also the icemaker gets no water.
Does anyone know on which circuit the aislelights or nightlights are secured by fuse?
Would sure sppreciate any suggestions.
Carel Jonkers
Carel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carel View Post
Hallo to you all,
I asked elsewere on the i rv2 forum, but do it again on this astoria forum, because we imported a new to us 2008 damon astorria 3772 pavific edition to Holland recently.
All my nightlights suddenly do not work. I looked in the back of the MH at the house fuse box. All fuses seem oke. Everything else seems to work, accept also the icemaker gets no water.
Does anyone know on which circuit the aislelights or nightlights are secured by fuse?
Carel Jonkers

I'm going to throw this out there. Ours is a 2011, so the info may not be the same.
This is the way I read it, and could be wrong
Aisle lights power wire are on MLP-14BL and goto the battery control center (BCC) which should be the fuse (position J4-3) for it. This power wire also goto the service lights and map lights. Do these lights work?

Again, may or may not be the same, but may give you a place to start.

--John--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	212595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuses.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	212596  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bcc.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	212597  
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:18 AM   #899

Quote:
Hallo to you all,
Carel Jonkers

Simple check: Carefully remove the switch, do you have power? If yes, fuse is good. Make sure pwr is removed and check both wires on the switch to make sure they are torqued with no corrosion. Swap or replace switch?

--John--
Old 07-28-2018, 04:55 PM   #900

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
I'm going to throw this out there. Ours is a 2011, so the info may not be the same.
This is the way I read it, and could be wrong
Aisle lights power wire are on MLP-14BL and goto the battery control center (BCC) which should be the fuse (position J4-3) for it. This power wire also goto the service lights and map lights. Do these lights work?

Again, may or may not be the same, but may give you a place to start.

--John--
Thanks a lot John, now I know where to look. I will do that thirst thing in yhe morning.
Also pics are very helpfull.
Greetings from Holland.
Carel
Old 07-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #901

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My 2010 is the same as the Pacific Edition and the aisle/courtesy lights blow their fuse quite regularly. The fuse is in the Battery control centre located directly under the drivers seat and accessible from the exterior compartment in front of the wheel. This fuse also controls map lights and antenna boost. it is the second from the right on the top row and is a 10 amp. If you have the original owners manual there is low quality image on page 99. It's a tight fit to get the cover off the battery control centre. Be careful not to break the plastic lugs that hold the cover on. As another writer said you need to find out why the fuse blew. I couldn't find a short on mine and assumed that the aisle lights probably got kicked by accident. Good luck!
PS I just noticed that John posted a good image of the BCC much better than in the owners manual. It appears the newer model uses the same BCC
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:57 AM   #902

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britcanuck View Post
My 2010 is the same as the Pacific Edition and the aisle/courtesy lights blow their fuse quite regularly. The fuse is in the Battery control centre located directly under the drivers seat and accessible from the exterior compartment in front of the wheel. This fuse also controls map lights and antenna boost. it is the second from the right on the top row and is a 10 amp. If you have the original owners manual there is low quality image on page 99. It's a tight fit to get the cover off the battery control centre. Be careful not to break the plastic lugs that hold the cover on. As another writer said you need to find out why the fuse blew. I couldn't find a short on mine and assumed that the aisle lights probably got kicked by accident. Good luck!
PS I just noticed that John posted a good image of the BCC much better than in the owners manual. It appears the newer model uses the same BCC
Thank you Britcanuck for your good and for me understandeble explanation. Together with what the others said and also the pictures from John I could solve it. I never would have without your kind help.
So here from Holland : Thank you very much!!
Carel
Old 08-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #903

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Cabinet hinges

Hi all, does anyone know the make of the cabinet door hinges used in 2010 and earlier Astorias? I have found a Blum and a Glass hinge that are close but not exactly. The hinges in my coach have three screws on the frame side which presumably are for adjustment. I am hesitant to experiment as the frame material is not solid wood and any working of the screws results in a useless hole. I would like to get instructions for adjustment to eliminate experimentation. Some of the frame mountings don't look like the correct hinge has been used and there is already deterioration on the frame. If anyone has had experience with these hinges I would like to hear your success stories and tips. Thanks
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #904

Thor Owners Club
Hello all, I have a 2012 Astoria and have a problem with the windshield sun shade not going down. The other night shade works. I can not find a mfg. name on the unit but have done some internet searches and it appears to be a MCD American Solo. I have been in the BCC box and not sure which fuse it is so I have checked them all and they all check good. Does not seem to be a power issue as I also hear a small check coming from the upper left area where the motor and the learning wires are located. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
Ron
55shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #905

Sounds like the lowering setting is outta wack. The beep is the sound waiting for an input. I have attached a MCD setup that I use when mine gets that way. Look around page 8 and do those steps in order. Hope it helps.

--John--

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55shoebox View Post
Hello all, I have a 2012 Astoria and have a problem with the windshield sun shade not going down. The other night shade works. I can not find a mfg. name on the unit but have done some internet searches and it appears to be a MCD American Solo. I have been in the BCC box and not sure which fuse it is so I have checked them all and they all check good. Does not seem to be a power issue as I also hear a small check coming from the upper left area where the motor and the learning wires are located. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Shades MCDGoldOwners Manual.pdf (938.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #906

Damon Owners Club
My coach is a 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 2772 model. 39 feet, 340 Cummins with a 6 speed Alllison Transmission. We bought it new and it has less than 18,000 miles on it.
Has anyone had an issue with the dash AC not putting out cold air and the air only comes out the defrost vents. I suspect a blend motor door control or a relay but I don't know where to look to find it.

Nice to know there are still some others out here with a Damon. A1Snowman
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #907

Not to sure about this one, but I'll give my version. On ours the system is manufactured by EvansAir Tempcon. Try taking a peek into your battery control center (BCC) for a couple of fuses; heater/ac, vacuum pump. Some vehicles the vacuum to control the flapper.

On our Astoria, under the dash, just to the right of the steering column, the blower box has a couple of electrical actuators. Using a multi meter, check power to these actuators when changing the switch to different positions to see if you get power.

As for the not so cold air, low freon, condenser dirty/clogged, is the condenser frosted over, compressor going bad. If it's realy hot outside, ours don't do that good. We put up a divider. Best I can do on this issue, I'll leave to someone else.
--John--

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1snowman View Post
My coach is a 2008 Damon Astoria Pacific 2772 model. 39 feet, 340 Cummins with a 6 speed Alllison Transmission. We bought it new and it has less than 18,000 miles on it.
Has anyone had an issue with the dash AC not putting out cold air and the air only comes out the defrost vents. I suspect a blend motor door control or a relay but I don't know where to look to find it.

Nice to know there are still some others out here with a Damon. A1Snowman
Old 08-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #908

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
Not to sure about this one, but I'll give my version. On ours the system is manufactured by EvansAir Tempcon. Try taking a peek into your battery control center (BCC) for a couple of fuses; heater/ac, vacuum pump. Some vehicles the vacuum to control the flapper.

On our Astoria, under the dash, just to the right of the steering column, the blower box has a couple of electrical actuators. Using a multi meter, check power to these actuators when changing the switch to different positions to see if you get power.

As for the not so cold air, low freon, condenser dirty/clogged, is the condenser frosted over, compressor going bad. If it's realy hot outside, ours don't do that good. We put up a divider. Best I can do on this issue, I'll leave to someone else.
--John--

Hi showman
You have the exact same Astoria as I have imported to Holland. I have read on an other forum that the vacuŁmpump operates the flaps to direct the airstream.
But I have not chequed it, so I am just passing through the suggestion.
Hope you find it. Otherwise it can be hot to drive.
Goodluck!!
Carel
Old 08-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #909

Damon Owners Club
Air Conditioner problems

Quote:
Hi showman
You have the exact same Astoria as I have imported to Holland. I have read on an other forum that the vacuŁmpump operates the flaps to direct the airstream.
But I have not chequed it, so I am just passing through the suggestion.
Hope you find it. Otherwise it can be hot to drive.
Goodluck!!
Carel
Thanks for the tips folks. I had not thought of the door operating on vaccume and will check that out. I have had problems with mice eating the insulation on some of my electrical wires. Maybe by the end of this weekend I will have a chance to check out the electrical connections too.
a1snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #910

Compartment bay light fuse

Hello gang,
Anyone happen to know where the fuse might be for the compartment bay lights? Iíve checked the BCC and itís not there.

Thanks for any help.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote