Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #1009

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Propane/co fuse

Actually it on the wall opposite the fridge which is the TV cabinet with the woofer in it. Lots of wires there.
I’ll walk over to the coach and start tracing the wiring and hope I can find the in line fuse
Thanks
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #1010

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the lead. Unfortunately there was no inline fuse as the wire quickly disappeared into a loom and out of reach and sight. Still can't find the fuse. All the fuses in the Battery Control Center and the Power Control Center are fine. In the wiring instructions for the Safe-T-Alert sensor warned not to reverse the wiring or else you could end up with a flat chassis battery. I was puzzled by that as I expected it to be powered by the house batteries.
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:12 AM   #1011

Thor Owners Club
Hi all,
On my Damon Astoria 2008 i need to replace the motor, coupler and solenoid from the lippert ultralevel system.
Has anyone by change the part numbers by hand?
Thanks
Carel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #1012

New Owner of a Used Astoria

We purchased a 2011 Thor Astoria 40KT with just over 29K miles on Monday before Thanksgiving and arrived home with her two days later. On Black Friday, we took her in to be winterized (Illinois) and will have her oil changed and everything else checked/changed as needed.

This our first RV and I consider myself lucky to have found this thread. I've read every post on every page over the past week and learned a lot already. Thank you all for sharing!

We are retired and planning to go full-time as soon as we sell our house.

Ray
Old 12-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #1013

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond963 View Post
We purchased a 2011 Thor Astoria 40KT with just over 29K miles on Monday before Thanksgiving and arrived home with her two days later. On Black Friday, we took her in to be winterized (Illinois) and will have her oil changed and everything else checked/changed as needed.

This our first RV and I consider myself lucky to have found this thread. I've read every post on every page over the past week and learned a lot already. Thank you all for sharing!

We are retired and planning to go full-time as soon as we sell our house.

Ray
Welcome to the club! Immediately after purchasing our Astoria in fall 2018, I read all 1,000 some odd posts on this thread too, lol! Lots of great info over the years. I also found reading all the owners manuals for the on-board equipment was invaluable.

We love our Astoria and wish you luck with yours as well.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #1014

2011 Damon Astoria 3470

New to us & we love it! We've got a few bugs to work out though. Current issue is sun & night shades. Sun was working, night was not. Read somewhere that we should change the switches between sun & night to determine if switch or motor issue. In the process of changing the switching, the sun (working) switch fell apart. We think it's back together correctly but now it's not working.
It's like there's no power at all now - to either the sun or night shade. We would like to order new switches/motors for both. Does anyone know how to?
Any and all suggestions appreciated!
pjhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #1015

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you verify there is power to the switches? Use a 12v test light. One of those wires to the switches should be hot at all times. If you don't have a hot wire, check your fuses. If you do have power, move on to the switches and then the motors.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #1016

Either one worksClick image for larger version

Name:	20200103_115531.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	272056
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:21 AM   #1017

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Replacing the original refrigerator with a residential one

We had a Norcold NA811 originally and switched to a Norcold NA10LX less than a year ago. The new, still under warranty, refrig is now not functioning correctly. The service tech was on the phone with Norcold tech for 30 minutes. Bottom line the mobile tech said he wouldn’t accept the Norcold rates and he finds Norcold doesn’t pay claims quickly. He also said we can buy a small residential refrigerator for a fraction of the price.

I have heard that in the past. Has anyone on this forum replaced their refrigerator with a residential one? If so how is it working? What brand? How difficult was it to replace? A picture of the final instal would be helpful.

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #1018

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Awning placement

My 2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3774 has roof mounted awning. Would like to know if anyone has moved to sidewall mounted to reduce water pooling on roof.
If so, would you have picture of mew install. Have slide on driver side that appears to be too high to move awning.
Bill Grimsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:33 AM   #1019

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOGilroy View Post
We had a Norcold NA811 originally and switched to a Norcold NA10LX less than a year ago. The new, still under warranty, refrig is now not functioning correctly. The service tech was on the phone with Norcold tech for 30 minutes. Bottom line the mobile tech said he wouldn’t accept the Norcold rates and he finds Norcold doesn’t pay claims quickly. He also said we can buy a small residential refrigerator for a fraction of the price.

I have heard that in the past. Has anyone on this forum replaced their refrigerator with a residential one? If so how is it working? What brand? How difficult was it to replace? A picture of the final instal would be helpful.

Steve
Sorry to hear that Steve. We are still operating the original Norcold 1200 with fingers crossed. Going to install an ARP fridge defender this spring.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:35 AM   #1020

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Grimsle View Post
My 2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica 3774 has roof mounted awning. Would like to know if anyone has moved to sidewall mounted to reduce water pooling on roof.
If so, would you have picture of mew install. Have slide on driver side that appears to be too high to move awning.
Our 3776 has the wall mounted awning but we don't have a slide-out on that side. I believe if you have a slide-out the awning needs to be mounted on the roof but I could be wrong.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #1021

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thank you for reply.
Bill Grimsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #1022

ADL rear suspension & Neway front king pins

2008 Damon Astoria with 52,000 miles and had it in a truck shop for oil change and inspection. They mentioned my ADL Rear suspension is wearing and needs replaced $6000.... Also was recommend Neway front king pins need replaced $1800

I think i will take it to a freightliner shop to get a second look.....has anyone dealt with these two items and is it really time to replace ??

David Benson
DBenson is offline   Reply With Quote