Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #183

That is an issue with the Astorias, they don't have gutters the have moulding. I will be replacing the top moulding with gutters this winter price I have been quoted is about $1300.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #184

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEZM3 View Post
Need some fellow Astoria owners expertise. Our ACs drip runs down sides and windows. Has anyone created a good water runoff gutter or system? We've tried Different gutter extensions but it seems our 3470 doesn't have much of a gutter track. Unsure if that is normal? Appreciate comments and recommendations. Vince

its a pita on tuscanys as well
I try to level her so the water drips off between the slides.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #185

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Air Conditioner condensation

We have not had that problem with our Astoria 3786.

The AC condensation drips over the toppers on the slides. The toppers stick out a few inches.

It must be nice to use your AC units this time of the year. I just came in the house from walking the dog and the ground temp is in the high 30 degrees F. Burrr.

Steve
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #186

Our 40KT does it...I am waiting to see how Bear's fix works out...ours drips just aft of the door...deploying the door awning helps...sometimes.
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #187

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
its a pita on tuscanys as well
I try to level her so the water drips off between the slides.
Powerboatr I was wondering if you ever got on this formum any more.Not to get off subject give wife a rag and where it drip's put her to cleaning that Baby up.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #188

Not much chatter lately! I guess all our machines are operating within their design operating parameters. I did do a genset run yesterday, lit off the MDE, unleveled, and inflated air bags. All runs sat. My window privacy shade got a gremlin in it though. I messed with the travel limit button and got it to go all the way down again...I suspect there are instructions in the vast array of manuals I received when we purchased Tessie...but I used the old trail and error method...

Hope everybody had a good new year!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #189

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It's that time of year when we want everything working A OK if we on doing the snowbird thing. While parked up in S.Arizona I got two niggling issues which I cant figure our.
1) The aisle lights (on the floor) quit working. I can't find a blown fuse but don't know which on it is. The bedroom switch for these lights is a 3 way connector but don't have another switch that I can find. Bulbs are OK.

2) I'm on shore power so not using the inverter. 4 or 5 times a day or night the fans in the inverter will start. They shut down anywhere between 5 and 30 mins. I thought on shore power the current just 'passed through' the inverter, virtually ignoring it. It's a real PITA at 3.00am as the inverter is under the bedroom.
Anyone got any ideas?
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #190

The other switch is on the dash in my '11. Also the inverter functions as a battery charger so there is current draw and heat created to charge the house batteries; however, I've never really heard ours grime inside. (May be a blessing of poor hearing)
Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #191

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
Not much chatter lately! I guess all our machines are operating within their design operating parameters. I did do a genset run yesterday, lit off the MDE, unleveled, and inflated air bags. All runs sat. My window privacy shade got a gremlin in it though. I messed with the travel limit button and got it to go all the way down again...I suspect there are instructions in the vast array of manuals I received when we purchased Tessie...but I used the old trail and error method...

Hope everybody had a good new year!
My night shade acted up this spring. It only rose a foot or so when trying to raise it in the morning. There was nothing in the mountain of O&M's, so I placed a call to Thor. They had nothing either, so they placed a call to the Manuf. I was connected to a 3-way call & we rectified the problem thru a series of button pushes, listening for beeps, etc.

This post does remind me that the Manfacturer's tech promised to email me a copy of the O&M's for the shade. I never recieved it.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #192

Mine has done the same. There is a button on mine at the top left side to press and setup the shade. I can't remember the sequence, but I had to mess with the ignition key to set the driving height. When I get off work, I'll see of I can find the document.
Tankd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #193

Tankd,

We would all be very appreciative of that document!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #194

Now that I think about it...she was running when I messed with it...I suspect I really buggered it up now:-(
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #195

Look on this page http://www.mcdinnovations.com/downlo...5-download.pdf
I just looked at the first document and it had setup for the button and ignition. I believe this was what I used. Give it a try and see if it helps.. I'll still look when I get home..

-John-
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #196

At home on the desktop, I hate trying to type on a phone. Here is the link to all the manuals. The manual I have is the Gold Series.
Owners Manual - Public
Ours was very specific of the procedure to get it to go back up, or maybe it was my reading of the manual and clicking the button. LOL.. Good luck.
-John-