Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #547

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOGilroy View Post
Were the fitting sizes the same? I want to replace all our faucets but afraid the connections were a different size. The bathroom sink's faucet belongs in a childs doll house.

Do you have a before and after photo?
The faucet connections were not the same, but easily adaptable with a brass fitting. Here's the old faucet. I'll grab some pics of the new faucet & fitting(s)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	1597
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	89660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.JPG
Views:	1619
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	89661  

MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 01:11 AM   #548

Damon Owners Club
Tire size

OK so your coach is much heavier than my 06 3595 which explains the larger tire size. I am running on 235x80r22.5. Thank for your reply.
Alltooledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:13 AM   #549

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TIRE SIZES on 2006 Damon.Astoria.Pacific 3695

2006 Damon/Astoria/Pacific
Now I am confused again :(

Original RV Specification Sheet by Damon Glued inside Door Panel above and to the Rear of drivers seat indicates the following:
( 4 ) 22.5 - 235's on Rear, ( 2 ) 22.5 - 275's on Front.
All are now 2015 XVR Michelin Tires which were installed per spec sheet by Michelin Tire Dealer. Front 2014 - 275's were replaced last year by 1st owner who bought Damon RV originally and had only 200 miles on them when we purchased the 36ft Diesel Pusher Sept 2015.
Weight on mine is suggested at 31,747 lbs
If anyone can get me info on Damon Tire Specs showing all 6 Tires need to be same size please do so

T his is annoying to say the least.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:16 AM   #550

Thor Owners Club
Here's the new faucet installed. I don't have the package that the adaptor fittings came in, but I think it was 1/2" comp x 3/8" comp. (I just took my exist faucet to Home Depot & matched up the fittings)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2685.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	89711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2686.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	89712  

Old 03-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #551

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
The faucet connections were not the same, but easily adaptable with a brass fitting. Here's the old faucet. I'll grab some pics of the new faucet & fitting(s)

Thank you. Nice.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #552

Damon Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tires

My 2010 Astoria has 255 70R 22.5 all round and matches spec sheet above driver. They are Goodyear 670 and are wearing badly at 25K miles. DOT manufacture date is 41 2008. An seriously considering replacing with Toyo.
They don't make a specific RV tires just truck. I understand that if you use this brand on RV you need Steer tires on front and Drive tires on rear. Any comments on this matter?
Britcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #553

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tire sizing on 2006 damon.astoria.pacific

Can someone address Tire Sizing on 2006 DAMON.ASTORIA.PACIFIC.
Once I saw what dsbear installing 275s all round on similar Class A. So now a bit curious as to what we have on our 2006 Damon DP which are 235 rear and 255 front as being less than might be.
Please any comments appreciated.
The attachment I have was sent by Thor Warranty for our 2006 Damon.
It supports what we have currently on the DP 2006 Damon.
So now, I am curious as to any changes / recalls for larger tires to be used.
ed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TIRE CODES.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	89750  
Old 03-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #554

Thor Owners Club
Tbird....maybe a quick call to Freightliner with be beneficial. The could confirm or deny what your tag says & what your coach was originally equipped with. You will need to give them the VIN #.
1-800-FTL-Help
Old 03-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #555

Damon Owners Club
My weight and tire saga Astoria 3595 2006 single slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldtbird.06 View Post
Can someone address Tire Sizing on 2006 DAMON.ASTORIA.PACIFIC.
Once I saw what dsbear installing 275s all round on similar Class A. So now a bit curious as to what we have on our 2006 Damon DP which are 235 rear and 255 front as being less than might be.
Please any comments appreciated.
The attachment I have was sent by Thor Warranty for our 2006 Damon.
It supports what we have currently on the DP 2006 Damon.
So now, I am curious as to any changes / recalls for larger tires to be used.
ed
Important in the discussion of tires is the second series of numbers mostly 70 or 80 for the Astoria motor homes, it is part of the tire spec and determines along with the other numbers the tires weight handling ability.

There was a recall for 2005 Astoria Pacific Waldorf editions related to front tires being under spec for the weight of the coach Damon Recall No. 05-115 the national highway traffic safety Admin hotline 1888-327-4236 or safercar.gov. Have your vin handy.

My guess is that with the larger front tires you have a comfortable safety margin as far as weight. My 2006 Astoria 3595 single slide out. has 235-80r-22.5 all the way around. So your 255-80r-22.5 has 530# more load capacity per tire by my Michlelin RV Tire Guide. If you do not have this book it is very informative and explains everything you need to know about RV tires including how to do a weight test.

I did do a weight test on my coach. I did not have driver and copilot or water or food or clothes in the coach My weights were 8600 front and 13860 rear. So for my tires having a 4675 max at 110 I am OK but am not sure how much weight the clothes, food, and water will add to the front.

I would be more comfortable with the larger 255-80r-22.5 tires but am not sure they would fit. My tires were just replaced in OCT of last year so we intend to make due with what we have and put the coach on a diet if we have to I intend to weigh the coach on a wheel separate scale if I am at Escapees when they have their scales out. The rear duals can handle 7530 at 90psi so we are probably okay and can add more air to take the capacity up to 8820 at 110 psi. So the info from the scales tells me that I need less air in the dual rears than I do in the front. I have only driven the coach 300 miles or so but it seems to handle well. I drove it with 85-90 psi all around what the MH dealers prep person thought would give a soft ride and my 90 rear and 110 front and really could not tell a big difference. The coach had the clothes loaded with the second inflation. Hope this is helpful. Dennis
Alltooledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #556

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
AllTooledUp ....TIRES AND WEIGHT RESPONSE

Thank you very much Sir:
Great details and much appreciated by Wife and MY peace of mind.
I sent email to Thor / Damon Warranty Dept asking about my Tire Specs Concerns, and if there have been changes / recall specs on my 2006 Damon.
I will post what their reply when received. Normally a good week for any response. But have been very good in a response and details.
Also contacted Freightliner and will relay that also when received.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #557

Damon Owners Club
Hi Folks,
Proud owners of a 2005 Damon Astoria DP3679. Just got Baby back last week took 4 months to repair apparently door was an issue! Glad to back on the road since my dear wife and I got smacked by a character who claims he never saw the Beast ( us)coming!!. Yep he decided to run the stop sign, Thank the Lord no one was physically hurt! Nationwide took good care of us. She seems to be running pretty good, just minor problems water heater thermostat eco and cut off needs to be replaced. We love our Astoria and look forward to waving at you guys one day Happy Travels and Stay Safe....
BOOBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #558

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We're also looking at a 2007 Astoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow View Post
I have been looking at a 2007 Damon Astoria 3774 (Pacific model). Any comments as to whether this is a good rig to consider. thanks,
Did you end up buying the 07 Astoria? We are also looking at an 07 Astoria Pacific 3774 and were wondering what your views were on this year.
Thebrightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #559

Does anyone know hot to set the date on the little computer in from the steering wheel and under the speedometer. When i try to reset, is says I can't. Very strange. As always, thank you for any assistance!!
Jfligner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfligner View Post
Does anyone know hot to set the date on the little computer in from the steering wheel and under the speedometer. When i try to reset, is says I can't. Very strange. As always, thank you for any assistance!!
If you get an answer let me know. I have a similar problem when I try to reset the date etc. on my 2011 Astoria 40KT.
Raytaylor25 is offline   Reply With Quote