Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #1

Is this common practice with Damon?

i took a damon daybreak into a good dealership in owatonna mn. [ noble rv ] for warranty work 4 weeks ago. they claim damon wont send the parts. i emailed damon, haven't heard back yet.
the breeze 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #2

Damon won't send the parts? Sounds a bit odd, I've never had them tell us they won't send parts; sometimes takes a little longer than I'd like if they have not had stock.
DDinCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Sounds as if:

a: Noble dropped the ball & is covering up.
b: Noble is not in Damon's good graces.
c: Damon is not approving the warranty work, for some reason.

Good Luck!!
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i would place a call to damon customer service on monday
they have been very helpful for me
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
By all means call Damon and see what the real deal is.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
i would place a call to damon customer service on monday
they have been very helpful for me
i will do this. we went and got it on sat { the work is still not done }. p.s. my brother is retired Navy also. thanks for your service.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I, twice, took my Intruder to a dealer in Las Vegas when I was there (Well once I took the intruder, the other time my Lumina APV, as I planned on installing the part myself)

Well. both times, later, I took the Interuder into Damon (The first time we decided that of the three problems I had when I pulled into what is now called Las Vegas RV (Was Wheeler's then) one of them needed further attention beyond the ability of a dealer.. THe factory was the best place to do it.. And so we set up a factory visit,, The second time it was a simple no hoist or special tools needed job (one phillips head #2 driver is all) so I just went for parts)... but Damon was like a half mile out of my way on the return trip. so I did a "Drive by")

I checked.. The dealer never ordered the part.. They told me they did, made up fantastic stories about how it got lost in shipment and such.. but Damon had NO RECORD of any such order. Both times.

Oh, Damon did fix the problem... Both times. Even though the 2nd time all I wanted was the part.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #8

[QUOTE=wa8yxm;547169]
I checked.. The dealer never ordered the part.. They told me they did, made up fantastic stories about how it got lost in shipment and such.. but Damon had NO RECORD of any such order. Both times.QUOTE]

I can relate to this in my dealings with the dealership I purchased my GT 370 from. What I found out is quite a few dealerships only order parts about once a month so they save on the shipping charges for their non-warranty work parts due to minimum shipping / handling charges from the manufacturers. They link them with the warranty parts and can then charge the shipping / handling onto the customer. In the meantime the warranty customer is told everything but the truth and is left waiting. We waited for two months for a radio, a mirror and a counter extension that they forgot to install at the factory. After the two months I picked up the unit to have a Satelite system installed at Camping World, which I scheduled out 10 weeks after I originally dropped off my coach at the dealership. I then had to make another trip back to the dealership for the completion of the work. This took just one day thankfully.
You're only a first class citizen until you sign the papers and pick up the unit. Afterwards your status rapidly drops until your interested in another unit.
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #9

According to our parts department there are no parts on order from your dealer for your unit you may want to talk with them about your motorhome

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - AVG Antivirus and Security Software - Real-time protection against viruses, spyware and malicious websites
Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.111/2386 - Release Date: 09/21/09 05:51:00 this is what i got from damon. got in touch with noble, haven't heard back yet.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick & Pat View Post
Sounds as if:

a: Noble dropped the ball & is covering up.
b: Noble is not in Damon's good graces.
c: Damon is not approving the warranty work, for some reason.

Good Luck!!
you were right, its noble r.v. not damon. i still have not got anything done.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by the breeze 1 View Post
i took a damon daybreak into a good dealership in owatonna mn. [ noble rv ] for warranty work 4 weeks ago. they claim damon wont send the parts. i emailed damon, haven't heard back yet.
Here in Michigan we have a dealer that has more than one store. When I bought my Damon, I was out of town and saw it at on store 70 miles from my home. But there is a store closer to me so I try to take it there for service. Ever since the first day I felt as though they were treating me like a [moderator edit] stepchild.

This would be like getting hassled while returning something to the Walmart near me that I bought at a Walmart in another state.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
Here in Michigan we have a dealer that has more than one store. When I bought my Damon, I was out of town and saw it at on store 70 miles from my home. But there is a store closer to me so I try to take it there for service. Ever since the first day I felt as though they were treating me like a [moderator edit] stepchild.

This would be like getting hassled while returning something to the Walmart near me that I bought at a Walmart in another state.
our dealer has five stores in our 200 mile or so radius
the one close to us is a PITA for service, "you didnt buy it at this store sorry"
but our selling dealer always goes the extra mile in getting us up and running

they have even delivered parts to the close store for us and ran interference at that store to get the parts put on without to much hassle
but if it cant be user installed i will go the distance to go back to the sealing dealers location, we even have the same two techs so they know us and our rig, that alone makes the 2 hr drive worth while
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
our dealer has five stores in our 200 mile or so radius
the one close to us is a PITA for service, "you didnt buy it at this store sorry"
but our selling dealer always goes the extra mile in getting us up and running

they have even delivered parts to the close store for us and ran interference at that store to get the parts put on without to much hassle
but if it cant be user installed i will go the distance to go back to the sealing dealers location, we even have the same two techs so they know us and our rig, that alone makes the 2 hr drive worth while
Sounds like we are talking about the same dealer. The reason I bought mine so far from my home was it was a 07 and the 06's were still being sold new. It was at a sales event called Damon Days. This was a rolling event through the dealerships campuses.

When we bought ours, we had the sales ad and asked which one got the special price on the front page and they pointed to the 07. When the dealer's campus near my home had the same sale a week later we went in with ad in hand and again pointed to the ad with the introductory price and the salesman there pointed to an 06.

The funny thing is we were not looking for a motorhome at the time let alone a new one.

When he pointed to the 07 it had a sold tag in the window. But the salesman claimed the other buyer never came back (talking a 2 day time frame) so he sold it to us. Everything happened so fast, we thought we had been scammed, so we went to the local campus when they had the sale the following week and we were pleasantly suprised to find out we did all right.

We absolutely love the MH we have had no major problems and love the V-10. Since it was a manufacture leader unit, it also came with extras, that the DayBreak didn't automatically come with back then and had to be ordered.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by the breeze 1 View Post
you were right, its noble r.v. not Damon. i still have not got anything done.
i have to eat a little crow. due to a misunderstanding on my part. it was Damon not nobles. noble had to get parts from a different supplier cause Damon didn't have them. noble took care of everything but the graphics Damon put on which are coming off and Damon wont help with them. they sure make the m.h. look crappy, you would think Damon would want to avoid that.