RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Where are all the Damon problems. We're going to have to start creating more Damon problems that we can get figured out around here.
Oh I should'nt have said that. Might have jinxed myself. Now I'll probably have a problem this weekend.

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Where are all the Damon problems. We're going to have to start creating more Damon problems that we can get figured out around here.
Oh I should'nt have said that. Might have jinxed myself. Now I'll probably have a problem this weekend.

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just remember to pray to the great Indian Cheif Go Siam. To do this you chant OH, followed by his name over and over as fast as you can

Oh, Watta Go Siam

Oh, Watta Go Siam
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #4

I know, I check in here a couple of times a day and there is no new action. Not that I'm complaining mind you. I have done some small mods to the '07 3276 though. I removed the bedroom tv and put in a dedicated 12v tv and a 12v vcp wired to a separate battery so we have tv at night when we have no hookups. A hinged "floor" section at the entry door so the boy (11 months) doesn't fall down the stairs...again. XM installed, CB with weather band, wireless indoor outdoor thermometer with a third sensor in the wet bay, sewer hose holder so hose doesn't have to stay in the wet bay, Couple more shelves in the pantry, took out large mirror in the bathroom and installed medicine cabinet, put an adjustable arm for the flat panel in the bunk area for easier veiwing. Left to do: some sort of rail system to create a "crib" for the boy on the top bunk, valve stem extensions, and box in wet bay and add exterior shower in the compartment. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #5

I'm here...just don't have any troubles. We're at Mi-Te-Jo campground in Milton, NH enjoying 7 days on the shore of Northeast lake. I have a picture I wanted to share but Photobucket's site is down for some reason...Maybe later.

I would guess as camping season gets rolling, things will be quiet...er.
I did have a problem today though. I had to recaulk my shower surround. Does that count?

Hope everyone is doing well..

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be careful Max, Ole Murphy is just around every corner (Murphy's Law). Maybe we all just have pretty good damon/s.

Chandler I don't think they have access to shower surround caulk at the factory cause we had to do ours when it was brand new.

Now here is one for all you guys. After I spent days putting a real good coat of Meguiars wax/cleaner on the coach the black streaks got worse and are twice as hard to get off. Anybody got any ideas on this one. I figured a good coat of was would make that dirty water just slide off - guess again.

Y'all have a good Memorial day weekend and remember all of our guys and girls in uniform.......Jim
Old 05-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #7

Well, let's try this. I'm on my cell phone so it may or may not work.
Here's our site...perfect weather, no crowds (yet).

Wife, Dee
Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
When I get home next week, I'll be back to work on my unit. I just bought a new screwdriver HiQ antenna and have to get it mounted on the rig, start up the water system and re-inspect the tires etc..etc. My firt 'away from home' trip with the unit is going to be 'Field Day' about 2 miles from home. I'm sure I'll have more issues to talk about then. I just have to finish my son's house wiring job before his wife and my wife disown me. I will be done this week with that.
Oh.. for those that don't know, Field Day is the big North American amateur radio fun/contest and I and others run the CW tent as K8PI(club call sign)

Cheers, KD8W

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim n Debbie:
Be careful Max, Ole Murphy is just around every corner (Murphy's Law). Maybe we all just have pretty good damon/s.

Chandler I don't think they have access to shower surround caulk at the factory cause we had to do ours when it was brand new.

Now here is one for all you guys. After I spent days putting a real good coat of Meguiars wax/cleaner on the coach the black streaks got worse and are twice as hard to get off. Anybody got any ideas on this one. I figured a good coat of was would make that dirty water just slide off - guess again.

Y'all have a good Memorial day weekend and remember all of our guys and girls in uniform.......Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SAme thing happened to me. Gotta keep the roof clean or the black streaks get hideous after waxing. Go figure.

1997 Damon Challenger
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
To HamDave, Don't forget to send photos of your field day station in to QST. I know I'm going to be sending photos of my Ham shack on wheels in to QST. I mean, How many clubs have a field day station with air conditioning, hot and cold running water and genuine flush toilets!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #11

I'm here too! No problems on our end either.

Our new 4055 arrived this past Friday. Just waiting for them to check it out, do our "official" PDI. We have been fortunate in that we have had the opportunity to go through the unit while it is parked at the dealer. Holiday weekend, it's not going anywhere and it arrived too late on Friday to go to the Service Center.

The usual things were found, tightening screws, fixing door handles, adjusting blinds etc etc.

Happy RVing to you all!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #12

Lucky...Congratulations! Good luck with the PDI. Make sure you take all the time you need. It sounds like you have a good dealer so hopefully everything will be 100% when you take posession. I looked at your floorplan and it looks very nice!

Good luck and have fun!

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #13

I tell ya...........this unit it so sweet. Pictures don't do it any justice, gotta see it in person.

I am beside myself with joy! LOL!

Thanks for the PDI suggestion. This is the 3rd unit we have purchased from them, so they know how meticulous we are.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Picked our 2007 Tuscany 4055 on Saturday and have used it this weekend. LOVE IT

RV Dads Web Site

The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote