Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #1

I have an 05 Challenger and do not have any warning device to remind me that the jacks are down.
Do you have a system or have you added one?
ear-doc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #2

I have an 05 Challenger and do not have any warning device to remind me that the jacks are down.
Do you have a system or have you added one?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also have an 05 Challenger with a manual leveling jack system. The only time alarm goes off is when I put it in gear and release emergency brake. I don't have any problem hearing the alarm - it is LOUD...........Jim
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #4

I have the alarm. If the jacks are down and I turn the ignition on, the alarm sounds.

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:57 AM   #5

My manual indictes there should be an alarm but It apparently doesn't work. i have "Power Gear" jacks.
I will put it on my list to have my repair guy check it as I am not very good at repairs, especially electrical.
When VI first bought the coach( used, 1 year old) neither the fans or fog lights were working, aparently a common problem, and I had to have them repaired by an outside source too.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #6

Just got the MH back from the shop. Jack warning signal works fine now. It was just a blown fuse.
I had a couple other items fixed while it was in. I feel that all items on the MH should work and if they don't I have them repaired.
Back TV was starting to go bad so I replaced it today when I got the unit home.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #7

Good news! Glad everything worked out!

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've got an alarm on my Daybreak but I don't need it. If the key is on and I take the brake off, or take it out of Park, it just slams the MH down; then it beep beep beep for 5 minutes and the jacks are retacted but not usable. I just have to wait for it to quit beeping and hope I did'nt kill anyone under the MH when it slammed down.
It's dangerous. If you have the key in the accessory position, it does'nt care if you have the brake on or not. Some of this safety stuff actualy creates more problems that are far more dangerous than trying to dive with your jacks down. My old MH had no alarm for the jacks. You don't have to be very smart to realize the jacks are down as soon as you try to move.
I'd like to know where my fuse is so I could put it in with my other spare fuses that might be needed some day.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 AM   #9

I'll have to check it but I think it only retracts the jacks when you release the brake or put it in gear.
My concern was that I might forget to retract the jacks and move with the Jacks down and bend them. I haven't forgot to put them up yet but I hadn't ever forgot to lower my antenna untill the other day. I use a check list but like the safety feature of a warning device.