Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2018, 07:12 AM   #1

Just bought a 2005 Tuscany 3974, have many questions.

First time owner. Background is Diesel engines, Aircraft engines , mechanical and some experience driving trucks. So may main inquires will be able the systems relating to the house/ cabin portion of the Motor-home.
First thing I would like to acquire is some info on where to look up parts, order parts, etc for the house/ cabin.
Second, any recommendations on where I could find a wiring diagram for the rig, there are so many randomly placed relays, inline fuses etc that I would like to get familiar with what is what so I can attempt to trouble shoot if , ( i mean when) i have any issues.
Also would love to talk to a current owner of same make and model if anyone is interested.
Looking forward to being a member of this group.
Hopefully I can contribute as well.
Jason fr NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2 forums! Congratulations on your new rig.
Quite often a google search is the easiest way to get the best price on an item. There are as companies such as Veurinks RV parts online.
Sorry I can’t help with the wiring diagram for your unit. Hopefully someone else can.

Currently between coaches.
Dsallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #3

Damon is now a division of Thor Motorcoach and it's possible (although unlikely) that they have wiring diagrams for your coach - I believe it was built before the Thor buyout. You might try a phone call to Thor. And email. And another phone call.
Solo_RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Jason --

Apologies for a late reply. Welcome to the group of Damon diesel pusher owners! The wife and I have owned my 2007 Damon Astoria for nearly three years and it has been pure joy (it's had the usual maintenance items all RVs have). If you have the owner's manual for your Tuscany, Damon did a nice job of placing electrical diagrams in the appendix section of the manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, a 2006 model year version is available from the Thor website --> https://media.thormotorcoach.com/med...ers_manual.pdf

Most of the original parts in the "coach" side of your Tuscany are from well know manufacturers -- Dometic, Norcold, Lippert, etc. I have easily found parts on Amazon or through Camping World. The "chassis" side of your Tuscany is likely Freightliner and Cummins both of whom have readily available parts. I've had good luck ordering Freightliner parts from Martin Truck Center in Lake Charles, LA as working directly with Freightliner is a "pain" --> https://martintruckcenter.com/

For the "Cummins" portion of the chassis (engine, Allison transmission, Onan generator, etc.) I've had very good service at the Houston Cummins Coach Care Center (meaning I've not ordered any parts for the Cummins et all stuff). The Cummins website shows locations of their Coach Care locations across the U.S. Cummins Coach Care provides service for both the chassis and coach sections of a motorhome --> http://www.cumminspowerclub.com/news...&articleId=215

Hope this info helps. Best wishes for many years of enjoyment with your Tuscany!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #5

There's more than one 3974!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason fr NS View Post
First time owner. Background is Diesel engines, Aircraft engines , mechanical and some experience driving trucks. So may main inquires will be able the systems relating to the house/ cabin portion of the Motor-home.
First thing I would like to acquire is some info on where to look up parts, order parts, etc for the house/ cabin.
Second, any recommendations on where I could find a wiring diagram for the rig, there are so many randomly placed relays, inline fuses etc that I would like to get familiar with what is what so I can attempt to trouble shoot if , ( i mean when) i have any issues.
Also would love to talk to a current owner of same make and model if anyone is interested.
Looking forward to being a member of this group.
Hopefully I can contribute as well.

Jason, I thought I might have the only 3974 ever made, since I have never seen another one like it! I have had mine about 3 years. Bought it with 21k miles on it. Now has 45k.

I knew when I bought it, that it would have some issues from sitting. I have had a number of water leaks which I have taken care of. One of the worst had to do with the TV antenna. The way the roof is designed, water would collect around the bat wing antenna if the coach was parked with the nose down slightly. I fixed that one by replacing the bat wing antenna with a Winegard RZ-6035 Rayzar z1, which has taller base. The water might collect around it now, but it won't go down the hole into the roof!

Mine has a listing of major components in closet on the back wall. You can get some model number info there. Perhaps you have already found yours, but I thought I'd mention it.

In the 3 years I have had the 3974, I have replace the transfer switch, the Galley slide motor, and both roof A/C's. I'd be glad to provide any help I can.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuscany 3974.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	226225  
Usedtakud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtakud View Post
Jason, I thought I might have the only 3974 ever made, since I have never seen another one like it! I have had mine about 3 years. Bought it with 21k miles on it. Now has 45k.

I knew when I bought it, that it would have some issues from sitting. I have had a number of water leaks which I have taken care of. One of the worst had to do with the TV antenna. The way the roof is designed, water would collect around the bat wing antenna if the coach was parked with the nose down slightly. I fixed that one by replacing the bat wing antenna with a Winegard RZ-6035 Rayzar z1, which has taller base. The water might collect around it now, but it won't go down the hole into the roof!

Mine has a listing of major components in closet on the back wall. You can get some model number info there. Perhaps you have already found yours, but I thought I'd mention it.

In the 3 years I have had the 3974, I have replace the transfer switch, the Galley slide motor, and both roof A/C's. I'd be glad to provide any help I can.

I have a 2003 Damon Challenger and while Thor doesn't have it all, they do have extremely helpful and friendly support people and the couple times I've needed to call they have been great. Don't bypass them when looking for help. Just have your vin at hand.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #7

does the ns stand for nova scotia. im from here allso in the valley
Old Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #8

sure does, I am in wellington , near Fall River.
Jason fr NS is offline   Reply With Quote