Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #1

Just got me a Damon Daybreak 2775

As per the title, my first RV after many years of Euro motorhoming and boy is this different

I bought this RV in UK and drove it home to Bulgaria where I live ( I'm Irish by the way ) Now the fun really starts as I have no instruction manuals and the user manual I do have seems to be for a different model ! My new toy is on a 2002 Workhorse rig with 8.1 Vortec V8 that has LPG conversion, I am going to spend the next couple of months checking all the systems and would like to obtain maintenance and repair manuals from wherever, any suggestions very welcome along with hints of things to watch out for as I go thru this checking process. Thanks in advance for all contributions
mike4727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I would be interested in seeing some pictures of the components for the LPG conversion.

Can you also run gasoline through it or is it strickly LPG?

Running on LPG how is the power? Does it seem sluggish?

So far as the chassis, i saw your post already in the WH forum, there are alot of people with some great advise over there.

Welcome!!
Old 07-30-2018, 01:07 AM   #3

Hi CJ,

The gas conversion is Romano from Italy, it is a sequential injection type where the gas injectors are individually drilled into the inlet manifold and the gas " brain " communicates with the motor " brain " for timing etc. The system always starts on petrol and very quickly changes automatically to lpg, if you run out of lpg it changes back to petrol. Running costs are reduced by about 45% on petrol cost here in Europe and the cost of a quality V8 installation is currently about 5k euros. I can't really comment on performance as I have not had anything to compare it with but general opinion from other, more experienced RV owners here, seems to be slight loss of power from lpg. There is a much cheaper, single injection point, installation available where the lpg is injected into the air intake box rather than individual inlets, half the price but not recommended - high risk of blow-back explosions and expensive damage !Have a look at Romano website for interesting info and pics.
mike4727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon