Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Leveler Jacks on Damon Essence (Tuscany)

We have a 2008 Essence. This is the same coach as the Tuscany except a little fancier and a bigger engine. When I parked it in the shed the last time, it leveled as always. (Lippert levelers) I went to pull it out the other day and when I hit the 'retract all jacks', the pump started as always but it just sat there running. This went on for a couple of minutes and then the motor stopped and the lights the left side of the pad began flashing. Still no retraction of the jacks. I reset the system by pushing all 4 of the buttons and simultaneously and holding them for a few seconds. Tried the retract procedure again and again it is just sitting there running and no retraction. I am reading the Lippert literature about turning the valves and then using a drill motor to retract them.
As it stands I cannot reach the pump unit from the 'hood' on the front of the coach. I am pretty sure I will need to pump unit. Lippert says there is nothing that can be serviced on it.
My problem is the unit is so far away that I can hardly touch it. I have released the valves on the pump with a Allen wrench and the motor is running. Apparently the motor is not moving fluid as it turns (connection between the motor and the pump broken?)
Is there another route to access the pump unit besides the narrow 'hood' on the front? I cannot even get the coach out of the shed to get it to a dealer or tech to get it fixed.
Any of you guys experienced such a problem and how did you resolve it? Is there away to clear the problem other than replacing the pump motor? Any and all comments and suggestions requested and appreciated.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
1st.....are you sure there is fluid in the reservoir? It needs fluid to retract jacks (don't ask how I know)
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Will check this AM. Can see fluid in the tank but I will add some just to see if that will help. Thanks for the response.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
If you can see it in the tank, be carefull about how much you add. Put too much in, if & when the jacks do retract, it'll make an overflow in the tank & result in a mess in your driveway.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
Muck, you nailed it!!! There was maybe 3/4 inch on fluid in the tank but I said 'what the neck, won't take but a minute to see'. Had had a part of a bottle of ATF and I poured about 2 or 3 ounces in the tank, started the engine and hit the store button. They came right up like they always have. Thanks so much my friend. At the next meeting I am buying drinks! You coming to Myrtle Beach this fall?? Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ha! No, I won't be there, but I'm so glad you got 'em up! Good job!!!!

Tags
damon, jacks