Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #1

Living room slide-out not moving

Damon Intruder 373 2003, 3 extensions

Living room slide-out not moving

I have gone thru all sorts of check spots. Here's what I did:

1- Checked if the switch is working... I by-passed the center wire to the "out" wire. I see sparks but slide-out doesn't move.

2- I took a look at the circuit board located in storage compartment near motor. The slow blow fuse is still white, so my conclusion is that it is not blown (Am I right? How do we know if a slow blow is blown?)

3- Control panel in the bedroom seem to be all OK. No fuse is damaged.

What should I try next before taking to repair shop?

How can I check if current is reaching the motor?
How can I make sure the problem is not the motor?

Thanks for your advices
fanctil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I had the same problem, and followed the same troubleshooting path as you. Turned out I had a bad relay on the slide controller board. I had to replace the board, because the relays were soldered on, but newer boards have the relays socketed. The relay itself is a standard automotive part, available for around $10. My board had 4 of them (I have two slides), one for"IN" and one for "OUT" for each slide. In my case, the slide was OUT and wouldn't come in. I could hear the motor click when I pressed the OUT switch, but did nothing when I pressed the IN switch. Hope this helps.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

After testing all components, we came to the conclusion that the battery charge level was too low...

Apparently, you need to have 13-13.5 volts on the reader. The battery is on the charger and we will see how it turns out in 24 hrs...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #4

All right, the problem was the batteries
If you run into such a problem, make sure you have minimum 13 volts coming out of them. This is the basic apparently.
Problem solved...
Old 08-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #5

What I did I added a quick disconnect to the house battery. I was told even if i switch off the house battery from inside the coach, the battery is still giving out juice.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #6

I had the same model with the same type of problem. If the fuse is OK you should be able to tell by simply listening for the motor to work when you activate the switch. If you don't hear the motor it is the fuse. The fuse is located on the driver side at about the second or third storage compartment back from the front. You have to get way down so you can look up at the top of the compartment where you will see the fuse. I think it takes a 30 amp fuse, just make sure it is the type of fuse that reset itself if it blows.

If it is not the fuse you probably have a broken turn key. It is half moon shaped and on a bar being turned by the motor. If this is the problem you will likely have to have it repaired by a professional, but it should be under $500.

Sgt Ed
Sgt Ed is offline   Reply With Quote