Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #85

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mopar View Post
I'm going to chime back in on the subject. While I am a BIG fan of the Intruder (which was the top-of-the-line gas coach in the Damon lineup), having finally had the chance to completely go over newer model, I can say that there's a considerable drop in quality/construction material from 2002 on ward. Gone was the smooth sided "glass" like sidewalls in favor of traditional fiberglass, the interior furnishings and draperies were also not to the quality level they once were. The 2005 I looked at lacked the solid wood cupboard doors and drawers that older models featured. Night and day difference.

With that said, they still offer impressive floorplans and very generous storage. So compared to other models, the Intruder is still a nice RV, but keep in mind...not all Intruders are built alike. My .2cents
Regarding the dates our 02 Intruder 375 Ford has the solid wood drawer and cupboard doors. It also has gelcoat on the exterior.
Maybe and understandably Damon reduced the quality of their materials after 02 to reduce costs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie65 View Post
I am a new here and was told to come to this page and someone could help me. I just bought a 95 Intruder and on the way home the turn signals and brake lights quit. Check all 4 fuse panels and found no blown fuses. Traced the wires and no breaks.... HELP!!!
Have you checked the relays? What model is your Intuder and what power train?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #87

Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Good luck, I still need to buy tires, just have not gotten around to it yet.
I bought 6 Michelins in SD for $2600.
Top of the line because I do not want a problem at 60 mph
rdpulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpulford View Post
I bought 6 Michelins in SD for $2600.

Top of the line because I do not want a problem at 60 mph

Ended up with Goodyear, one of the first things I bought.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Good luck, I still need to buy tires, just have not gotten around to it yet.
We have just traded our Class C for 2002 Damon Intruder. We, too, are purchasing new tires all around. She is a really clean coach . I am wondering if any of you have encountered any problems that might be inherent to this year and model coach? We purchased from RV Dealer that got it at auction and although they went over it and deemed it in good shape they have no history of this unit. The title showed Bank America as last holder so we think it may have been repo. Has just over 10,000 miles and interior is like new.

Thanks for all input on this model. Due to DH having neck surgery this unit with TV and recliner answered our needs so well.
Kampnkouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #90

Which model did you get? Ours is an 02 375 Ford.
We added safety steer, rear aux stabilizer, new koni shocks, and sumo springs for the rear. If yours doesn't have some sort or steering aid and strong stabilizer I would recommend those.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #91

Correction, the sumo springs were placed up front.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #92

Also check the dates on the tires.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampnkouple View Post
We have just traded our Class C for 2002 Damon Intruder. We, too, are purchasing new tires all around. She is a really clean coach . I am wondering if any of you have encountered any problems that might be inherent to this year and model coach? We purchased from RV Dealer that got it at auction and although they went over it and deemed it in good shape they have no history of this unit. The title showed Bank America as last holder so we think it may have been repo. Has just over 10,000 miles and interior is like new.

Thanks for all input on this model. Due to DH having neck surgery this unit with TV and recliner answered our needs so well.
Check the recall on the front brake calipers.
Our was recalled and since they had it apart I had new brake pads installed.
rdpulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:28 AM   #94

No real problems so far, but due to age, check the air conditioner shroud. If you have cracks around the hold down screws go ahead and replace them. We had one blow off. There not the expensive.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #95

Thank you for advice. We appreciate it! :0) going to heed what you have told us.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #96

This sounds all new to us. We cannot get into our RV shop until Oct. 1. They are packed! I
Are these things expensive? Shop charges $125.00 hr labor . Did it take long for these to be added? Getting new tires tomorrow and wish the ck. up was then as well. Thank you
Old 08-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampnkouple View Post
This sounds all new to us. We cannot get into our RV shop until Oct. 1. They are packed! I
Are these things expensive? Shop charges $125.00 hr labor . Did it take long for these to be added? Getting new tires tomorrow and wish the ck. up was then as well. Thank you

If your asking about the AC shroud, if I recall, less than $200 each. Got mine at a camping world I passed along the hwy. Replaced it in the parking lot, just 4 screws. Easy job, you just have to be comfortable working on the roof.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #98

I have a 2002 intruder also and the brown vinyl was all cracked from weather. I traced all the brown with craft paper removed all the old vinyl and replaced with burgundy color rv looks like new one and cost was only around 300 dollars
stew1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon