Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #15

Painting stripes now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksie View Post
We also are new to the RV/motorhome lifestayle previous to our recent purchase we have camped in a tent which we purchased when I was stationed in Europe in the 70's and the girls were small, then we upgraded to a hart-top tent trailer for several years. When the girls grew up went to college/University got married we sold the trailer and moteled it when we travelled. Now that I'm retiring this year we decided to purchase an RV, one of the bucket list things we have, and travel.
I couldn't pass up a deal on a 2000 Intruder new rubber (only 3 years old), in excellent condition and only 16,000 miles. The previous owner pretty well left it parked at a resort only taking the odd trip. Me being a mechanic and handyman figured this was our opportunity to move forward with this chapter of our lives.
The coach is in excellent shape. a few cosmetic changes I am currently working on are;
1 -replacing the primary living area carpets with Allure vinyl flooring (Done)
2 - replaced the old tube type TV's with flat panels 32" and 19" (Done)
3 - re-paint the Marroon style line strips on the sde and get my Son-in-law to re-do the Intruder insignia on the front and the back as these are badly faded as well.
Other than that we're ready to hit the road locally this summer and in November hook up the car (Toad) and head to Tucson for a few months.
Hicksie
Retired Canadian Armed Forces (Army)
And soon to be Supervisor Court Operations North Bay ON.
I have been taping off te old pin stripes and repainting them with a good quality latex paint by hand with one of the new sponge type brushes. So far it is looking much better. I am going to go over the Damon insignia slowly by hand. It may not be perfect but much better than the faded ones. I will try to remember to post some photos when I get it done.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #16

Same year as mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a 1996 Damon Intruder with 19000 miles and looks to be in great shape and drives and rides excellent. Hope to have her home Friday.
I know you be glad to get it home. Same year as mine but mine has 54000 miles which still isn't bad. Post some photos if you get a chance.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #17

Intruder Owner

Just purchased our 2005 Intruder on the 11th of April. Bought it in Tucson and brought it back to Minnesota. Love everything about it except it has some spring, shock or some other suspension noise. (squeeky springs) nor sure what can be done about it.
raf0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrierson View Post

I just got mine back from the shop where I got a tuneup, oil change, a/c topped off, and had some wiring redone. Now I just need to get some propane and I will be ready to travel soon.
I did the oil change myself a few weeks ago, real easy because you can set the drain pan on the cross member close to the drain plug. Only hard part is getting the new oil back in. I did not have a pump so I used a funnel and a dixie cup to pour it in, usually buy my oil by the gal.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #19

Thumbs up Need explaination for each of the dash panel buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrierson View Post
I just bought my first RV. It's a 96 Damon Intruder 34' Class A. I would love to hear from other owners of the Damon brand, especially Intruders so we could share some stories about our rides.
I recognize the horn button, genset button but not sure what all the others are.

Can you help me out? 1996 Damon Intruder.

NW FL.

Thanks!
BACKDRAFT161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDRAFT161 View Post

I recognize the horn button, genset button but not sure what all the others are.

NW FL.

Thanks!
I don't have it in front of me, but my 99 has button for the two fans, map light(that can't get to work), a button to tie the house and chassis batteries together to help if starter battery is low. I know there is more just can't remember.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #21

ICC = Courtesy Flasher (DOT-Lights): Flash after a semi-truck passes you or as a thank-you when passing.

Service = under the hood light

AUXILIARY START SYSTEM = Permits using the auxiliary battery power to aid in starting the motorhome engine if the vehicle battery has become discharged.

DASH FANS = Provide air fow in the cockpit area

Aisle = Turns the coach aisle lights on

Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	Instrument panel.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	38033

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	38034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDRAFT161 View Post

NW FL.

Thanks!
Here is the layout and description of the panels for you.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #23

That is what I was looking for.
Thanks!
Happy Trails
BACKDRAFT161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #24

Welcome!

We bought our 2002 Intruder in Florida in February. It has the Chevy workhorse engine and the original owner had refurbished it with nice wood flooring and great leather furniture. We drove it home from FL to Illinois towing our Jeep Wrangler. It went very well and we were happy with the trip. We did one weekend local trip with grandkids and are getting ready to do another close by.
We have a trip out west on the drawing board for early fall and then two months booked in FL next winter.
I do need some help, though. We managed to let all of the batteries run down while stored inside this month and I cannot figure out where the battery is to charge it! HELP.
rt749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #25

On my 2005 the batteries (house) are located under the step and the starting battery is under the hood
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt749 View Post
We bought our 2002 Intruder in Florida in February. It has the Chevy workhorse engine and the original owner had refurbished it with nice wood flooring and great leather furniture. We drove it home from FL to Illinois towing our Jeep Wrangler. It went very well and we were happy with the trip. We did one weekend local trip with grandkids and are getting ready to do another close by.
We have a trip out west on the drawing board for early fall and then two months booked in FL next winter.
I do need some help, though. We managed to let all of the batteries run down while stored inside this month and I cannot figure out where the battery is to charge it! HELP.
Hi on my 2002 Intruder the house batteries are under the second step. (There is a latch on the left if it does not open) The chassis battery is accessible in the passenger side wheel well.
Campbell5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #27

Hello there,

Just purchased a '96 Damon Intruder last month. Have been busy doing some updates since then. New Michelin's were the first change made. Planning to replace the front coil springs w/airbags to a straight coil spring setup. The right front bag leaks and makes for an interesting ride on the highway.
Still trying to figure out how everything works and or what does not work. Some of the dash switch logo's have me puzzled still.
Also looking for the chassis batteries, rumor has it they are hidden under the drivers seat. We shall see soon enough.
This coach has the Chevrolet chassis with the 454 engine. Not a very big fan of the big Chevy but she does run good and seems to have plenty of power.
Plans are to head into the deep south in August so the mountains on the way will tell the tale as to power.

Life's an adventure....enjoy.
Anigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigia View Post
Hello there,

Just purchased a '96 Damon Intruder last month. Have been busy doing some updates since then. New Michelin's were the first change made. Planning to replace the front coil springs w/airbags to a straight coil spring setup. The right front bag leaks and makes for an interesting ride on the highway.
Still trying to figure out how everything works and or what does not work. Some of the dash switch logo's have me puzzled still.
Also looking for the chassis batteries, rumor has it they are hidden under the drivers seat. We shall see soon enough.
This coach has the Chevrolet chassis with the 454 engine. Not a very big fan of the big Chevy but she does run good and seems to have plenty of power.
Plans are to head into the deep south in August so the mountains on the way will tell the tale as to power.

Life's an adventure....enjoy.
My 96 Intruder is a Ford chasis. The batteries are located as you come up into the coach under the steps in the coach, not the steps that retract. I have the Owners manual for the 96 Intruder with Chevy chasis, Ford chasis and Oshkosh chasis. Any info you need I can probably find for you there. I hope the attached info is a help for your dash instruments. Let me know if you need anything else. Happy RVing!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Instrument panel.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	38341   Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	38342  

Tags
damon