Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #1

Looking for owners of Damon Intruders

I just bought my first RV. It's a 96 Damon Intruder 34' Class A. I would love to hear from other owners of the Damon brand, especially Intruders so we could share some stories about our rides.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Hello, bought my 99 intruder back in nov. , have taken 4 close to home camping trips so far. Trying to use it at least once a month, at least that' the plan. How's your RV treating you?
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #3

Oh, by the way under owners corner on the forum if you look under Thor there is a Damon sub dir. You may get more response from Intruder owners there. Thor bought Damon.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #4

I'm also new to the RV world and have a 2000 36' intruder, I haven't seen too much here that specializes in the Intruders
Les
hicksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello. My family just bought our first MH about 45 days ago, a 2002 Damond Intruder. Two big ticket items we had to do with it was six new Mitchell tires and a new oven. We had planned on the tires but the oven/stove was unexpected. We have been out twice in it and love it. We were shopping for a 31ft class c at first but I got discouraged with all the leaking cab overs I saw.
Campbell5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecampell54 View Post
Hello. My family just bought our first MH about 45 days ago, a 2002 Damond Intruder. Two big ticket items we had to do with it was six new Mitchell tires and a new oven. We had planned on the tires but the oven/stove was unexpected. We have been out twice in it and love it. We were shopping for a 31ft class c at first but I got discouraged with all the leaking cab overs I saw.
Good luck, I still need to buy tires, just have not gotten around to it yet.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #7

Smile

We also are new to the RV/motorhome lifestayle previous to our recent purchase we have camped in a tent which we purchased when I was stationed in Europe in the 70's and the girls were small, then we upgraded to a hart-top tent trailer for several years. When the girls grew up went to college/University got married we sold the trailer and moteled it when we travelled. Now that I'm retiring this year we decided to purchase an RV, one of the bucket list things we have, and travel.
I couldn't pass up a deal on a 2000 Intruder new rubber (only 3 years old), in excellent condition and only 16,000 miles. The previous owner pretty well left it parked at a resort only taking the odd trip. Me being a mechanic and handyman figured this was our opportunity to move forward with this chapter of our lives.
The coach is in excellent shape. a few cosmetic changes I am currently working on are;
1 -replacing the primary living area carpets with Allure vinyl flooring (Done)
2 - replaced the old tube type TV's with flat panels 32" and 19" (Done)
3 - re-paint the Marroon style line strips on the sde and get my Son-in-law to re-do the Intruder insignia on the front and the back as these are badly faded as well.
Other than that we're ready to hit the road locally this summer and in November hook up the car (Toad) and head to Tucson for a few months.
Hicksie
Retired Canadian Armed Forces (Army)
And soon to be Supervisor Court Operations North Bay ON.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #8

We are in the process of purchasing a 1996 Damon Intruder with 19000 miles and looks to be in great shape and drives and rides excellent. Hope to have her home Friday.
Babygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksie View Post
We also are new to the RV/motorhome lifestayle previous to our recent purchase we have camped in a tent which we purchased when I was stationed in Europe in the 70's and the girls were small, then we upgraded to a hart-top tent trailer for several years. When the girls grew up went to college/University got married we sold the trailer and moteled it when we travelled. Now that I'm retiring this year we decided to purchase an RV, one of the bucket list things we have, and travel.
I couldn't pass up a deal on a 2000 Intruder new rubber (only 3 years old), in excellent condition and only 16,000 miles. The previous owner pretty well left it parked at a resort only taking the odd trip. Me being a mechanic and handyman figured this was our opportunity to move forward with this chapter of our lives.
The coach is in excellent shape. a few cosmetic changes I am currently working on are;
1 -replacing the primary living area carpets with Allure vinyl flooring (Done)
2 - replaced the old tube type TV's with flat panels 32" and 19" (Done)
3 - re-paint the Marroon style line strips on the sde and get my Son-in-law to re-do the Intruder insignia on the front and the back as these are badly faded as well.
Other than that we're ready to hit the road locally this summer and in November hook up the car (Toad) and head to Tucson for a few months.
Hicksie
Retired Canadian Armed Forces (Army)
And soon to be Supervisor Court Operations North Bay ON.
How do you plan on re-painting the intruder logo? And did you do the strip yourself? Mine is faded also?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Good luck, I still need to buy tires, just have not gotten around to it yet.
Based on the date code the four rear tires were original and the front two tires had a weird shake at 60 miles an hour. I was scared to death to drive my family around in this until I put new tires on.
Campbell5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #11

Hello Charliej - I reveiwed a few threads on this topic on this web-site and there are several ways to restore the look of the stylelines;
1 - strip off the old style-lines and replace it with new - This is most likely the best option however I enquired with Damon/Thor if these were still available and was advised they aren't
2 -I went to a local screen printing/sign shop and it would cost me a small fortune to have the old strips removed and new ones installed, (Approx $3000).
3 - some people have taped them off, cleaned the residue off them and painted them with a spray bomb. Since I am pretty good with a spray bomb having done body work and painting I'm going to give that a shot. It can't look any worse.
4 - someone suggested using a high quality polish however mine are too far gone for this option.
Hicksie
Old 04-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #12

Oh by the way my son-in-law does a fantastice job with his ari brush so I've enlisted him to re-do the Intruder logo on the front and rear of the coach.
Hicksie
Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #13

Hello Hicksie, Air brush is a little advanced for myself, but I was thinking of using a brush to trace over the old intruder logo, maybe use the type of paint used for pin stripping.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #14

Got maintenance done

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Hello, bought my 99 intruder back in nov. , have taken 4 close to home camping trips so far. Trying to use it at least once a month, at least that' the plan. How's your RV treating you?
I just got mine back from the shop where I got a tuneup, oil change, a/c topped off, and had some wiring redone. Now I just need to get some propane and I will be ready to travel soon.

Tags
damon