Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2022, 04:13 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabcon View Post
I have a 2007 Damon Outlaw 3611. I am going through the process of mapping out my 120 volt system in the rig. Meaning what outlet, appliances, etc go to what breaker. I have everything but one breaker figured out, see attached picture.

I am trying to find out what the breaker labeled Water Tank Heater. I am not sure if the labeling of breakers is factory or if a previous owner labeled them, but the Water Tank breaker is in a different hand. What I do know is that the water heater does not have a 120 outlet. I have gutted my kitchen and no outlet exists for the domestic water heater. Note: I didn't gut the kitchen to find the outlet.

Thoughts please
I have a 3611 and the water heater is powered by a 12v source. Would be in the panel next to the 120v breakers and the fuses would look like automotive fuses if you are looking to isolate it.

Dometic G6A8E, if yours was gas/electric combo the model would be GC6. Check the model by dropping the exterior panel and looking at the nameplate if you are unsure.

Manual here: http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ter-Manual.pdf
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2022, 04:18 PM   #16

The breaker might be the only control if it's for a set of 120v tank heating pads.

The pads draw around .5 - .8 120v amps and usually self control with an internal thermostat that only kicks in when temps at the tank interface drop to ~40f then shut off at a preset temp in the high 50s or low 60s. They are also generally installed in a series for black, grey, and fresh all running off the same circuit.

A somewhat lazy previous owner might have installed them after purchase (hence the different handwriting) and just used the breaker as the control when needed since they self switch thermostatically.

If you have amp-meter, in theory you could test by flipping the switch when it's warm out (no draw) and again when it's near freezing (some draw around 150 to 250 watts).

YMMV
pdx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:23 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine doesn’t have that breaker, nothing after the one labeled GP, same year and model, 2007 3611, my hot water is propane only
Moesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:34 PM   #18

Gents thanks for your thoughts. My old water heater was propane with a 12VDC power supply

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #19

Found it!! A previous owner added a 15amp circuit to the sewer bay. The thought must have been to add a small heater to that bay during freezing weather. Hence the reason for different handwriting on the label.

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote