Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #1

Microwave/Convection oven question

Well, While traveling up to Yellowstone the bracket that the oven is connected to broke and it fell forward landing with the front almost on the stovetop. broke a mirror on the way down. So, now the oven is on the bedroom floor for the remainder of this trip. Ahhh the wonders never stop.
I wonder if Damon has a better way of fastening these things up there. They are only held in place from the back of the oven which is fine in the brick house but not a bouncing down road.

Ron
Danorske is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On my Safari Cheetah, it has a metal frame about the oven that is connected to the upper cabinet and on both sides to the side cabinets. The top of the microwave is bolted to that frame at the top.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danorske View Post
Well, While traveling up to Yellowstone the bracket that the oven is connected to broke and it fell forward landing with the front almost on the stovetop. broke a mirror on the way down. So, now the oven is on the bedroom floor for the remainder of this trip. Ahhh the wonders never stop.
I wonder if Damon has a better way of fastening these things up there. They are only held in place from the back of the oven which is fine in the brick house but not a bouncing down road.

Ron
got pics of the bracket? i was wondering how they are attached
good thing it didnt fall while cooking a hot pizza,

that could have burned you bad.

nothing surprises me anymore
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
got pics of the bracket? i was wondering how they are attached
good thing it didnt fall while cooking a hot pizza,

that could have burned you bad.

nothing surprises me anymore

Yes I do but not here will get them later,
Ron
Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #5

Here are the pix of the Microwave. I hope they come through.
There are 2 screws under the microwave, you have to remove the 2 filters to access them. They ar about 7/16 hex with a slot in them. the seem to be what is holding the ovan to the 3/4" plywood and those 2X2 brackets.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave fell down.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken bracket.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1340  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw to ceiling broke off.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right bracket.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1342  

Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #6

Well,
We got back home now a week. My warranty expired 9-9-09 while on this trip. I contacted Damon they referred me to the dealer. I talked to them, they asked for pictures. So I emailed them with pix they got back to me a few days later. Said that Damon would go ahead and fix this thing. I took the MH down to the dealer so they could see and know what to order. So, things are now on order. Hope it doesn't take 3 months like last time.

good,
Ron
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Ron was all that held oven was two bolts and was that all that susported was what apeared to be a 2x2?

DBOL
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #8

There was also a 3/4 inch plywood that the oven was attached to. which was only attached to the 2X2's. The 2X2 was attached to the ceiling by 2 screws which broke. thus the oven fell.
Ron
Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have noticed many things that are not well secured. I have had the cabinet fascia over the couch's fall apart and the front sun shade fell down on one side while driving n a trip. That will scare the hell out of you!!! ALL we substandard screws to contact points. VERY poor workmanship
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote