Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #1

Need to mount 650-ish LBS in my basement passthrough...

I have a 2000 Damon intruder 349, with a passthrough storage that appears to sit on the frame of the coach.

I need to mount a VERY large battery setup, into that space.

The total weight will be in the 650lb neighborhood.

I am planning to use steel tubing across the passthrough, bolted to a 2x12 wooden deck.

But, it feels like there is a hollow under the passthrough, and that it may not be sitting directly on the frame rails.

What if anything do I need to worry about as far as reinforcements?
Is there a steel faced sheet of panel insulation sandwiched in there?
Rubber frame grommets?
Is it sturdy enough to bolt through to the frame and secure my battery deck in there without damaging the compartment?

Anyone had one of these torn apart and maybe has pics of how the passthrough is put together?

Thank you in advance.

[Mod Edit]

Coach Details: (Rest in garage info)
48VDC system
6KW solar (Total between Coach/Trailer)
740 Amp Hour, 64 Cell LifePO4 Battery
250Amp BMS / Active Balancer
x2 MPPT Morningstar charge controllers @ 90VDC
120Amp Midnight Solar Breaker Combiner Box
Sigineer 120/240AC @ 6000 Watt nominal 18,000 watt burst Inverter Charger (60 Amp Internal Charger, Digital Auto Transfer)

Secondary power:
12VDC backup LiFePO4 system in stock 12v location on the coach @ 400ah
500 Watts of 19vdc solar charge on a 30 amp controller
100 Amp Active BMS
Double 50 Amp DC marine breakers
Coach 30 Amp Battery Charger (Engine/Generator Charge) on a manual switch
Triplite 4000 watt 120 AC inverter
(Energized the bedroom 1/2 of the coach, and can run the smaller bedroom AC for 40+ hours in a pinch)
Slavox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!