Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #1

"New" 2008 Tuscany Owner

We live in North Texas and found this coach on a recent trip to Florida with some friends. It was tucked away at a small consignment lot in Destin. Us guys were just killing some time while the ladies did some shopping. I had absolutely no intention of buying anything. We were just killing time. It seemed as though the coach had been there a while and the salesman seemed VERY desperate to get it off his lot. It only had 14k on the odo and less than 150 hrs on the generator. I did a quick, on the fly inspection and brought the wife back the next day. We were leaving and it was on our way out of town. On our way to the lot we stopped by the small shop next door and inquired how long the coach had been there. They said almost TWO YEARS. I did a pretty thorough inspection and and only saw a few minor issues that would easily be fixed. The coach was a good solid 9 out of 10. I exchanged info with the salesman and we were off. The coach was a little bit more than I would like to spend so I wasn't really planning on doing anything. We hadn't been gone 20 min and the salesman was calling. He said he spoke with the owner and he was prepared to take quite a bit less than the asking price. I told him I'd think about it but that wasn't good enough for him. Finally I began to get frustrated with his persistence so I made him a ridiculous, low ball offer and told him that's all I could do. He said he'd call the seller and get back to me. I expected him to either counter offer or blow me off. The offer was THAT bad. About 10 min later he calls back and said the seller accepted the offer!! It took about a week to get the paperwork all done and I flew out Thursday and drove it home. So far I'm very impressed. The thing drives like a cloud and turns like a Jeep. The wife is 1/2 way done sterilizing the whole thing already. Looking forward to many miles of family fun.

SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #2

Do tell, what was the ridiculous low-ball offer?
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
Do tell, what was the ridiculous low-ball offer?
$110,000
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #4

You got a really good deal. Whenever you can buy under low NADA retail with no options you're WINNING!
2006 Jeep Commander
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #5

EXACTLY!!! I could have picked it up, driven it home and flipped it for a pretty hefty profit. I figure we'll enjoy it for a few years and then turn a profit. Of course we'll roll all that profit into a newer nicer unit. Although this one is pretty loaded.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #6

That's pretty much my plan. I bought mine about $20 grand under low retail. I'm going to keep it a few years, the flip for something newer.
2006 Jeep Commander