Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
One more question..........a lot of mohos used an adjustable small "spot" light that uses a bayonet base bulb that looks like I very small flood light like you would find outside many houses. Any idea where to get these in LED? Thanks
I bought a couple from a vendor at the FMCA Rally in Indio, CA about 3 weeks ago. They aren't quite as bright as the old bulbs but they are OK in some locations. They didn't have a brand name on the box but they look like this 5W Warm White LED Spotlight Bulb with Bayonet Base(0941-CGE610) - US$ 25.99, but they have the bayonet base.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is a better picture of the bayonet spot lights.
5W Warm White LED Spotlight Bulb with Bayonet Base

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlocanPaul

There is a difference for sure in the colour (sorry this is the Canadian way) that each light casts but it's so much better then a typical blue or white hues that an LED casts. Those are really good, thanx for the post.
I must admit we've been happy with the light so far. I really wanted a natural warm color and these are very pleasant. Obviously can't say anything about longevity yet. I hope they maintain their brightness and last as long as advertized but only time will tell on that one.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
Here is a better picture of the bayonet spot lights.
5W Warm White LED Spotlight Bulb with Bayonet Base
Do you use these in your RV?? the specs advise 200 -240 volts.....an I noticed that it's a double pin base. Do you know of anything similar that uses 12 volt DC and has a single pin bayonet base? Thanks
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Do you use these in your RV?? the specs advise 200 -240 volts.....an I noticed that it's a double pin base. Do you know of anything similar that uses 12 volt DC and has a single pin bayonet base? Thanks
Several places sell them on the internet. For example, these guys:
Super Bright LEDs - RV, Marine and Landscape LED Lights

Also, these guys:
LEDTrailerlights.com - LED lights for RVs, cargo / utility trailers, boat and watercraft trailers and trucks

Both of these vendors have a decent reputation, however I've not actually tried the lights so can't comment on brightness or color. Let me know if you buy them and like them.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #34

Quote:
So, lumens is the common denominator.........I was hoping they used something like watts ie. 3 watt LED is approx. equal to a 45 watt incandescent. That would make it way too easy, huh?

ONe more question..........a lot of mohos used an adjustable small "spot" light that uses a bayonet base bulb that looks like I very small flood light like you would find outside many houses. Any idea where to get these in LED? Thanks
What I've learned so far is there have been several generations of LED's and they have gotten progressively brighter and more energy efficient as time has gone by.

LED lights on police light bars these days are dazzlingly bright, and they won't kill the car battery if you leave them on at an accident scene or something with the engine off.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
The ones I used are for 12V, that was just the picture to depict what they look like. I haven't seen any with single pin bayonet.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Paul and Nina, I have just spent a wonderful hour reading your blogs. They are great! One day we'll break loose.... doing it while you are so young is great. Best to you from Steve Of Gilroy (yep still in the IC Biz 60 hours a week).
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Steve. What a blast! Can't say we miss the semiconductor biz too much, but sure miss the people. Do break loose while you still can let us know if we're ever close and you're welcome over for a drink. Nina
Old 02-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
WheelingIt mentioned LED Wholesalers.com over in the Class A Motorhome Discussions section. I bought directly from them and also through Amazon.com, with some of the best pricing I've seen.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
WOW! in the photo it changed the color of the leather from tan to white.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #40

Damon Owners Club
I have been following the conversation in this thread and I am interested in LEDs, And I don't mind spending money on stuff I know works.
So on Monday I will be driving my rolling condo over to www.hidlightsusa.com. They have agreed to allow me to try different LED lamps to see if I like any of them.
will post pictures of my side by side comparisons, an I will let you know what ones I picked.(I lean towards whiter light) And I will see if I can get them to give you guys here at IRV2 a discount.
Let me work on it.
Mafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #41

I'm waiting anxiously.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Here are some side by side LED Vs. Incandescent, Whiter side being LED.
Will add more info later. Personally, I like the LED, seems more like a sunny day.
Also under LED actual colors are more closely represented in pictures.
These are the lamps I used, they come in two packs and list for about $20 for two, they gave me a 10% discount. Tell them you are fom IRV2 and I'm sure they will do the same for you., That's about $9 a lamp
http://www.hidlightsusa.com/product.asp?id=1156SMD-18W
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BedRoom.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	8666   Click image for larger version

Name:	LRLeft.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	8667  

Mafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote