Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2021, 09:55 AM   #1

No dash power

I have a 2007 Damon intruder. I have no power to the dash, and can't start the engine. The battery is good, showing 13.4 volts. I checked the voltage on the calanoid and it's good. but no power at all to the ignition. My panel lights only show 11 volts although the batteries are showing proper voltage and the converter is putting out 15 volts Any suggestions?
ricklap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
First, what's a 'calanoid'? I looked it up, but it seems to be some kind of bug. Here are the schematics for the 2006. The 2007 should be the same. I'd suggest starting with the fuses that are labeled 'hot in start or run' first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (59).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	332243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (60).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	332244  

Old 06-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #3

I'm guessing the OP means the solinoid. Spell check often does me in too.
When many things do not work, I usually start looking for a bad ground and/or corroded connections.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
I'm guessing the OP means the solinoid. Spell check often does me in too.
When many things do not work, I usually start looking for a bad ground and/or corroded connections.

OK it is SOLENOID.

The function of the ignition solenoid is to pass power through when the ignition is on.

One large lug (the "IN") should read chassis battery voltage at all times.

The other large lug (the "OUT") should read the same chassis battery voltage when the ignition is ON.

There will be either one or two small terminals.
If two, one is ground. If one, the solenoid grounds by metal to metal contact from the solenoid body to chassis ground. The other terminal receives a 12 VDC positive signal from the ignition switch when it is turned on.

What voltage do you read at the ignition solenoid:

IN lug
Small terminal from ignition switch with ignition ON
OUT lug with ignition OFF and then with it ON.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:49 PM   #5

If you are getting some power to the dash then it isn't a fuse. If you have absolutely no power whatsoever then I would start looking at the cables and connections from the battery to the starter solenoid and dash. There could be a loose cable connection or some corrosion somewhere. Also check grounds. Then check fuses.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, power