Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #1

Paint code

Have a 2000 Damon Intruder, can anybody tell me where I might find the paint codes ( three color scheme )
00DAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Found mine at Thor/Damon technical support. JM2¢...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #3

What color is your unit?

I had a hard time getting mine, because 2000 is older, they had to dig through the archives. Unlike many other motorhomes, that use generic paint codes from Ford/GM/Chrysler/Honda etc, with these, Damon custom mixed their own paint. No code exists, only mixing instruction.

Do you have any pics so I can tell what color yours is?

For example, mine is "Jadestone"
"Jadestone"
112.0 Grams --- #806J
136.0 Grams --- #830J
168.0 Grams --- #827J
193.6 Grams --- #811J
233.6 Grams --- #802J
237.6 Grams --- 1001S
600.0 Grams --- 150K

Message me, and I can try to dig up the other colors, if those isn't yours. Also, the stripes should have been vinyl decals from the factory, so no codes exist.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #4

Hello Jon Mopar. Thanks for reply. Sorry for delay. Mine is the Jade Stone scheme . I would attach picture but don't know how, new to this forum. The codes you listed , I'm guessing they would be useful to an auto paint supplier ? Are they all four colors ? Note upper body section of striped are decals , lower portion ( by storage bays ) are paint. Thanks again for reply.
00DAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #5

Those numbers are for a auto-paint supplier, and are just to mix the "jadestone" metallic paint. From what I gather, there is no info on the secondary colors (stripes), but if you check in your hallway closet, there should be an info sheet taped to your wall. If not there, start opening cupboard doors etc until you find it. You paint info may be listed. With my motorhome, that info sheet was present, but the area of coach color was left blank....it hadn't been filled in, so I had to do some research. The sad part is, the "Jadestone" color mixing formula is no good to me, because I was told this formula was for a Dupont "Chromabase" series of paints and pigments (don't quote me on that though), which are no longer allowed here in Canada. I've given the #s to my paint-supply company, and they just scratch their head haha. So I'll have to find someone nice enough to get some mixed for me in the US, and pay them to get some mixed for me.

If you just need touch-up paint for your stripes, and your info sheet doesn't list the colors, your best bet is to go to an auto-parts store that sells pre-mixed touch up paints for different manufactuers, pick up a few that look like they might be close matches, then afterward, return the ones that aren't. Both Chrysler and Ford have colors that are pretty close, depending on what hue your stripes are.

On my red stripe, Chrysler Deep Crandberry/Wildberry and Ford Dark Garnet red are all close. I've seen other intruders of the same year that have stripes that are almost dark purple, where as mine are a dark red.

p.s: to add a picture, in the "quick reply" box, you'll see a yellow square (with a picture of tiny mountains). Click that, and copy/paste a link to an image. Comb google images for pics of similar units if you wish.

If yours is Jadestone, then it should look like this (at least the bottom color anyway). It's a beautiful color in the sun, it has a heavy pearl metallic. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I can't get touch-up paint mixed for it.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint