Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: dates available for Rally
3rd week of January 2010 2 16.67%
Last week of January 2010 1 8.33%
First week of February 2010 4 33.33%
2nd week of February 2010 7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs up Possible Damon rally in Florida/Alabama

Amenities offered by the Gulf Shores / Pensacola West KOA Campground (Alabama)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=gulf+s...,0.617294&z=11

this KOA was very nice before Ivan, I am sure its back up to speed. It had great views and was close to NAS Pensacola and the gulf shores area of food and entertainment

its also close the Navy camping facility on perdido bay blue angel rec park

over on 59 i beleive there are a few more camp grounds and where 98 and 59 meet then south there is a lamberts food and lots of local eateries, daddy O's, which has great local seafood and atmosphere

Lets get an idea of dates, end Jan or early feb ???
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
Not crazy about KOAs, but we could put up with one for a couple of days I guess. As far as the dates go, we are pretty much open to any of those listed. We will be in Florida the third week in Florida so that would be easier, but we try to get out the first week in February as well (wedding anniversary)

We'll keep watching the threads
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Not crazy about KOAs, but we could put up with one for a couple of days I guess. As far as the dates go, we are pretty much open to any of those listed. We will be in Florida the third week in Florida so that would be easier, but we try to get out the first week in February as well (wedding anniversary)

We'll keep watching the threads
oh yes by all means if anyone knows of a good campground i would encourage it.
the blue angel rec area is good, but many may not be eligible for access?

i haven't been through there in a few years so i am all eyes and ears

maybe we could get a volunteer to seek out and find a few good alternatives, someone that is closer to the area, or recent stays.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Count us in around that time. We just need to know what weekend quickly so Eddie can request it off of work. It will take us a day to truck it out that way and can't do a Friday to Sunday trip that far.

Not sure what is around there but just let us know. I was stationed in Pensacola back in 85-86. But somehow that time seems very hazy....

Just checked. Cannot be around Valentine's day. Already have plans that weekend...
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We might be interested in middle or late Feburary. On the road now, and not back to Arizona (home) until 12/20. We have Rose Bowl tickets so will need 2-3 weeks to recover before heading out again.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
looks like we are building some steam and it looks like i need to add who is eligible for on base camping at blue angel rec or oak grove at nas pcola.

two days for us to get there, 10-12 hrs total

i will let it ride a few more days and maybe we will have a better sense of numbers?
DBOL are you in as well?
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
pensacola RV park

Found another pretty good looking place in Pensacola. Not suggesting, but it was storming here today and I was bored, so I got looking.
Actually looks pretty good and is close to a lot of things (according to their info)

Pensacola RV Park
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Found another pretty good looking place in Pensacola. Not suggesting, but it was storming here today and I was bored, so I got looking.
Actually looks pretty good and is close to a lot of things (according to their info)

Pensacola RV Park
ummmm
did you call em?
they are very near the cracker barrel (my favorite breakfast eating place) at the intersection of I-10 and pine forest, I know that area, nice and it used to be lots of horse farms.
the pictures look like they are are accommodating for large units than down on the base or at the KOA.
I am sold,
what to take a lead on negotiating a deal for our little rally?
hopefully next week we take delivery of our auto hauler trailer so i will be right at 63 feet long all road ready, those big spots are inviting

Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Looks good to me. Since it is right off I-10 then it would be very easy to get to.

We aren't eligible for on base camping so the other two places are out.

We would have our coach plus the Jeep so say about 55 ft total.

We llike Cracker Barrel but the favorite eating place would be Bob Evans. It's an Ohio thing, kind of like Euchre, buckeyes and pop...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
I am by no means trying to take this thing over, but as I said earlier....bored and need something to do so...,
I sent them an e-mail today, but have not heard from them as of yet. They can accomodate super big rigs on several of the 52 sites.
I also sent a note to a local Damon dealer asking him to come and maybe hightlight a coach. Figured if we were in for a penny should be in for a pound.

As soon as we decide IF this thing is going to happen, and WHEN it is going to happen we can work more on WHERE and then the details will take care of themselves.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
I'm glad someone can do it. I sure don't have the time with work right now....

So is it just the 4 of us so far?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
We're watching but a lot going on now,have joined the Singing Men of East Texas and looking at that schedule,but a start small or large will grow and new friends to be made I added a new Tread and need some thoughts.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Datona Bike Week begins Feb 26

I and a few thousand others will be in Datona for
Bike Week with our motorcycles which begins 26 February.
A bonus of free entertainment [Babes & bikes] for everyone.
Count me in.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I am by no means trying to take this thing over, but as I said earlier....bored and need something to do so...,
I sent them an e-mail today, but have not heard from them as of yet. They can accomodate super big rigs on several of the 52 sites.
I also sent a note to a local Damon dealer asking him to come and maybe hightlight a coach. Figured if we were in for a penny should be in for a pound.

As soon as we decide IF this thing is going to happen, and WHEN it is going to happen we can work more on WHERE and then the details will take care of themselves.
Doc
you aint hurting my feelings, I appreciate the can do, i was out all day at the dealer yesterday, simple stuff. I cant beleive its the 4th arleady.
by the votes, what does everyone think about giving it to the end of next week to decide on a date, then we can nail down the events or "tools to bring"

I did find the park to be geared towards large loads,
i have a thing now first week of jan in nm, so feb is looking better for us