Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rain Rain

we haven't had any rain since July
so of course on our set out this morning it POURED
well we stopped at 8 pm after 300 or so mile sin nice side ways rain

soooooo
i ask how the heck to i stop teh freaking leaks at the center post in the basement? it looks like its coming UP through the basement floor only at the support brackets on the passenger side between teh two swing out doors
and on the drivers side at the post behind the first flip up door
the seals were dry , but the floor was wet.
i wonder if the under cross braces are not sealed??

oh and the ebay on eh aft side was full of water, good thing my surge guard is off the floor
oh well such is life
i still enjoyed the ride
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
You on the road again?thought you weren't going any wheres for awhile?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
You on the road again?thought you weren't going any wheres for awhile?
yup
got a call very early this AM round 2:00 ish
we finally got on the road about 3 pm
i hope its not a real loooong trip
i hate where we are going its not the place so much as the person
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 09-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear that have a safe trip and sorry about water in basement?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ouch. We have never had any leaks at all and we've been through some pretty bad rain (this year seems we cannot go anywhere without getting swamped).

Are you sure all your doors are sealing correctly?
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodieboys View Post
Ouch. We have never had any leaks at all and we've been through some pretty bad rain (this year seems we cannot go anywhere without getting swamped).

Are you sure all your doors are sealing correctly?
i had a few moments between EVENTS and it seem teh front pass door lower seal area may be one culprit and the rest seem to be coming from those supports admiships on both sides

i shouldn't be policed out tonight and can look deeper
gotta to hook up my satellite to

Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
Look at how they wrap the gasket around the corners of the bay doors. Mine seals great from the gasket to the door. Problem is the gasket does not fill the corner and you can actually slide a finger betweed the coach wall and the gasket in the corner. Any water entering the crack between the wall and gasket door can work it's way down the gasket and come right through that opening.

I have no idea how that water in getting into your basement center post area. If you have time, crawl inside the basement with a strong flashlight and close the doors (make sure you can trust your helper) Shine the light along the edges of the door. Gotta do it after dark of course.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #8

try marking the gasket all the way around with a dry-erase marker, then closing the door. If the gasket isn't contacting the door, you'll see where.

I haven't done this on an RV (but did use it trying to track down a leak in an airplane door) so I'd recommend a small attempt to determine how removable the mark is from the door...
-dan
DiamondDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok we finally returned home from nm
and mother nature helped us out with lots more rain on part of the drive
sooooo
i am down to three water leaks, so i geuss adjusting the doors solved most of the leaks

however the two front basement compartments that get sprayed by the front wheels are getting wet at the forward bottom

both sides

the other one is the elect bay or interface compartment in front of the driver tire, it keeps filling with water, I am afraid it may cause a short of the chassis to box interface

any ideas????
i am going to install some mudflaps for the front tires

Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #10

leaking basement

I have the same problem with water in the front bays on the driver and passenger. The water primarily collects in the forward part of the bay. I haven't been able to figure out where it is getting in. I have siliconed all of the joints, etc on the underside of the basement.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Terry
tthrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
so i geuss adjusting the doors solved most of the leaks

however the two front basement compartments that get sprayed by the front wheels are getting wet at the forward bottom

both sides

the other one is the elect bay or interface compartment in front of the driver tire, it keeps filling with water, I am afraid it may cause a short of the chassis to box interface

any ideas????
i am going to install some mudflaps for the front tires
How did you adjust the doors? I have not been able to figure out how to do anything to mine.

I too have the aforementioned forward storage leaks as well as the BCC cmpt.; haven't had any luck tracking that one either.
DDinCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDinCincy View Post
How did you adjust the doors? I have not been able to figure out how to do anything to mine.

I too have the aforementioned forward storage leaks as well as the BCC cmpt.; haven't had any luck tracking that one either.

doors that swing up
you have to loosen the 7/16 bolts and nuts on the lower latch bar and pull it in towards the coach
as far as the ones that swing out...... its anybodies guess, mine arent leaking yet form them

I did find the forward bays behind the front tires. the panel that is spot welded on had a few burn holes so i filled them with sealant
the forward electric bay i think it was coming from teh wire looms at teh aft inboard edge, I filled them with a whole tube of sealant to get in side the plastic looms and down in the pass through.

i did find while washing the rig that between the furnace and the front slide I have a small leak that is coming through i believe one of the trim panels through a screw to the inside of the basement. this one may take a few days to isolate.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update
I flowed volumes of water starting low moving up on the panel where the fridge panel and heater accesses are.

it seems to be the water is flowing from a small gap/split in the seal around the upper edge of the fridge vent.
I didnt see it before, but today as i poured water across it i pressed it with my fingers and it bubbled.

about 1/2 minute later i got water in the basement from my tell tale previous tracks