Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #1

THOR Class A 37LS

Good day I'm looking at buying a Thor Outlaw 37LS and was wondering if any one knows the rear loft height floor to ceiling? I have looked every where I can think of....

My wife and I will be living in it full time when we get. She is a contracting nurse and I do Information Technology so I can do all my work from the RV. Can't wait..
TheSidwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSidwells View Post
Good day I'm looking at buying a Thor Outlaw 37LS and was wondering if any one knows the rear loft height floor to ceiling? I have looked every where I can think of....

My wife and I will be living in it full time when we get. She is a contracting nurse and I do Information Technology so I can do all my work from the RV. Can't wait..

The height from the floor to the ceiling is 30 inches on my 2015 Thor Outlaw MD. It would be the same on the LS. The Outlaw is a great MH. My wife and I really enjoy the loft and prefer it - more than our home bed. Just finished 2 months traveling in it. No real issues. I would strongly suggest checking out

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/i-lo...aw-102560.html

There is a wealth of information and experience in that thread! Good luck and let me know if I can help!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
The height from the floor to the ceiling is 30 inches on my 2015 Thor Outlaw MD. It would be the same on the LS. The Outlaw is a great MH. My wife and I really enjoy the loft and prefer it - more than our home bed. Just finished 2 months traveling in it. No real issues. I would strongly suggest checking out

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/i-lo...aw-102560.html

There is a wealth of information and experience in that thread! Good luck and let me know if I can help!
Cool do you sleep in the loft rather then the airbed? We were looking at getting the LS but now not sure since the loft is 30 inches. Seems kind of tight area. Our dealer has a 2015 LS coming in and also ordered a 2016 37RB. Right now were leaning toward the 2016 RB because of the loft but light the LS floor plan better.
TheSidwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
We sleep in the loft all the time and love it. More than enough room. I am 6 Foot and weigh in at 225 and I fit without an issue. I have only seen the RB online and it looks allot like the MD except you have a real bed in the back. Mine is fold out with an air mattress. The advantage, for us, of an MD/RB layout is that there are two separate living areas . Folks in the back of the coach have privacy from folks in the front. We recently spent two weeks in Sturgis with 5 adults living in the coach. One couple slept in the fold down bed in the garage. My son in the over the cab bed (he is 6 foot and about 200lbs). We claimed the loft. We all agreed it was a great experience and no one missed a nights sleep.

Lastly, it has been our experience that Thor customer service is superb! It has been a year since we purchased ours and while we had a few minor issues, we are overall happy with the coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSidwells View Post
Cool do you sleep in the loft rather then the airbed? We were looking at getting the LS but now not sure since the loft is 30 inches. Seems kind of tight area. Our dealer has a 2015 LS coming in and also ordered a 2016 37RB. Right now were leaning toward the 2016 RB because of the loft but light the LS floor plan better.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Please notice 2 points that are a trade between the LS and RB/MD

The LS has a larger main living space(no mid-bedroom) and the loft is deeper than the RB/MD.
The RB/MD has 2 rather separate, smaller living areas and a less deep loft (due to the cut-out for the sliding glass mid-door.

These points make the 2 floor plans fit different types of owners:

The LS is almost a direct replacement for the legacy Outlaw 3611, the original and best ever selling Class A ToyHauler...it is best suited for the owners and family that will not break-up into smaller groups (i.e. couples and families with young kids).

The RB/MD gives the owners separate spaces to split-up the groups (like Teens could occupy the mid-room with their own TV while adults enjoy the salon - main room, galley, dinette).

About the loft...we sleep, only in the loft and love it (he is early 50's and she is mid 40's). The loft is about 32" tall from floor to ceiling. We use a 8"deep memory-foam CalKing that almost fills the entire space. No, we can't sit upright in the loft, but a stack of pillows make watching TV very comfortable in the remaining clear space. And the loft is always clean and quiet because it is not within the pathway to/from the garage, like most toy haulers.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For a visual of the overhead room in the loft...the attached link is to a post where we added the CalKing mattress.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1449338
You can see in the photo how much space is over the bed with the standard smoke detector and 110 outlet (under nightstand) for scale.

Some folks say "NO" to adults using the loft because they expect to have a bedroom. For them, TMC makes the 37RB/MD.

But we love the loft and how it uses none of your valuable floor space for a bed.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, thor