RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
A dealer asked me if I purchased the MH from them. I answered NO. they then told me to take the Mh back to where I bought it.
Ed, according to Thor, all authorized dealers must handle your service needs. They can't turn you down or Thor wants to know about it. I spoke to two local Camping World Stores and they both confirmed it. So if you are told to take it "back to where you bought it" call Thor and let them know, they will call the dealer on your behalf. - Mitch
Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
We have a deposit and expect to pick up a new 2014 Tuscany 36MQ in the next few weeks. We are very excited about our new motorhome.

They want to sell us some aftermarket products when we go in to close this weekend; there's a scotch guard application for the interior which I don't think we need and then there's a spray application for the outside that he claims will keep the coach clean and not require washing to be shiny. I am skeptical but I thought I would ask you what you think.

Also, they are offering a $1500 5-year tire/wheel warrantee, which again I don't think I will need, would like to get some feedback as well.

Thanks,

Mitch

Did you pick up your coach yet?
lowtiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #45

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We will be there on Saturday for a full day walk through, then will "camp" at Buddy Gregg's RV park and if we find anything, they will repair in the morning. Because if your comments and the comments of everyone here, we compiled a list after our initial walk through and came up with over 70 "flaws" some very minor other quite concerning. We asked Thor to get involved and they sent slider parts to update the kitchen slider.

We've been on the phone with them almost every day for the last month. They found additional problems we never would have found. So far, they have been incredible.

Our 2nd night will be at a camp ground just 40 miles away so if there's additional problems we will turn around and head right back!

We are optimistic that much of the shakeout problems have been solved but I know that's just wishful thinking and fully expect to deal with additional issues in the coming months.

Our ride home is over 1,000 miles so by then we will have a pretty good idea what had to be done for our next service call.

We are super pumped, can't wait to get in and start enjoying!!!

Hope to see you guys on the road!

Mitch and Carol
Old 04-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #46

I know the feeling & how exciting it is, I couldnt sleep at all the night before we picked up ours. What type of coach did you have prior to this one?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are getting the 2013 tuscany EX 40 ft. We were going to get the tuscany MQ 36 ft but carol wanted the 2nd bath and that's how we found the 2013 left over at Buddy Gregg.

In 1994 I owned a holiday rambler 34' Endeavor DP. Loved it back then but only had it for 3 years, too hard to travel with a baby.

I knew some day the time would be right and it would happen again.

How about you? Have you been motor home owners before?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #48

Yes, we had a gas coach - a 08 windsport. We also have a baby & it makes travel challenging, but fun. The tuscany drives sooo good you are going to love it.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 AM   #49

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Before we had the endeavor we had a gas coach for a few years. I loved it, traveled all over the country towing a jeep until one day a friend convinced me to drive his DP and then I had to have one!

The endeavor was such a step up, it was more luxurious than our house! Then the baby came and we had to move to Dallas for business. It was so hot moat of the time, there was no place to go and enjoy nature with a baby. Also with no slide outs it was very crowded inside with cribs and toys!

I was sad when it went but I knew one day it would be replaced, never thought it would take this long, glad we're finally back on the road!'
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #50

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Was told by THOR that they "Don't have any control over dealer policies." and by the way I chased getting this part for SIX Months. Parts just referred me to dealers. 2 of 3 dealers quoted me $278.00 and $298.00. Thor said that was unfortunate, but they have no control of deals policies. The very least thing a MFG could do is give an owner the Part Number and the Name, Address of supplier of the part. Third dealer said take coach back to where I bought it. All MH mfg's just want sales of units. All Dealers just want to SELL new units as that is where the BIG bucks are. Customer Service at THOR claimed they are reviewing their policy. Kind of like a stall to me. Next thing they'll claim is that they have a committee reviewing it. safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #51

New to this site Tuscany owner

Hello all,

Found this site while researching an issue with my coach and saw all the owners and great information. We are currently running around in a Tuscany model 4076 I bought new in 2007. Like most of you, I have had some things go wrong but I would like to give credit where due. Whenever a problem happened during working hours Damon/Thor would walk me through things and most of the time problem solved. I have also had great dealings with the component vendors as well. That being said here is a list of problems I have had over the years:

Magnum Inverter went bad-covered by warranty/New or rebuild installed.
Magnum Inverter problems-Had to replace control panel and fett boards $$
Leather sitting chairs bubbling and peeling. (this year)
Serpentine belt (cat 350) broke 25,000 miles. Replaced belt/Idler.
Serpentine belt broke again 32,000miles. A/c compressor seized. Replaced A/c compressor/dryer/belt $$
Fridge recall-They came to me to replace part no charge.
Kitchen dinette light kept blowing fuse. Trace to wire coming through steel with no rubber grommet (exposed shorting to ground).
Front tires/replaced 10,000 miles.
Sewer vents on roof compromised last year.
Paint on front roof faded-Not enough coating.
Paint on front wearing rapidly/plastic coating getting mold underneath.
Side windows fogged up-found great place in Fl to repair
Sink drain line cracked and leaked into lower compartment from slide in out.
The ac/vent/heat/defroster vacuum valves have never worked. Replaced.
Extended counter top fell off.
Auto steps motor replaced.
Latest problem Hydraulic jack self leveling system.

We still love the coach even with all the problems (exception-wish it had a king bed!). We all have to remember when you go down the road at 50-75 mph you are putting your "house" through a major "richter scale event" for hours at a time. Not making any excuses for the manufactures or promoting poor workmanship, but campers are like boats. They are awesome when running great but something always goes wrong in the end...Proper maintenance and inspections are a must.

Looking forward to a great resource here
Black Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Black Lab,

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your coach. Your list is helpful knowing what happened in your own experience. It's an interesting mix between 3rd party systems, like your Magnum inverter, and the actual build-quality of the coach, like your paint problems. Some systems, it seems fail much more than others. I have spent many enjoyable hours reading about motorhomes on this forum and saw several issues with the fridge and the auto steps.

I hope you get your Hydraulic jack problem solved, make sure to chime in and let us know what you did to get it fixed.

Safe travels!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #53

Damon Owners Club
I have an 08 Tuscany 4076 and had a leak in the hydraulic pump
up in the front compartment. Found to be caused by the cap on the
pressure side having come loose and pushed the O ring out resulting
in a stream of fluid leaking during jack extension.
Solved by getting back to the pump maker (Lippert was useless in diagnosing) and getting the O ring specification and the torque spec for the cap. Turned out to be an 8 dollar fix in 15 minutes.
Here is photo of problem.
If anyone is having the same issue, send a PM and I'll give the
O ring & torque spec.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4845.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	62598  
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #54

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought our 2014 Tuscany in June, had a few problems with it but got those worked out. Now its January of 2015 and excited about getting back out on the road again.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by camato5 View Post
We bought our 2014 Tuscany in June, had a few problems with it but got those worked out. Now its January of 2015 and excited about getting back out on the road again.
Hi Charlie & Diane:
We took delivery of our 2014 40GQ XTE in October. Having some goodies added right now at dealer, hope to hit the road in Feb and head south. C U on the road!
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
Hi Charlie & Diane:
We took delivery of our 2014 40GQ XTE in October. Having some goodies added right now at dealer, hope to hit the road in Feb and head south. C U on the road!
Dang looks like we got the same color bus ha
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote