Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by traccan View Post
Have been researching tag axle DP's for a considerable while, and I joined this forum to get some opinions from Tuscany owners- have any of you owned other manufacturers brands or have friends who drive another, and are they happy/frustrated with their choice? I had it pretty much narrowed down to either a Tiffin Phaeton, Holiday Rambler Endeavor, and Winnebago Tour/Itasca Ellipse, because when I first started looking in about 2009 the Tuscany didn't seem to have a floorplan or many nice features that competed with these brands. However, the playing field seems to be changing: the new model Tuscany's look pretty impressive and I like the 45 foot floorplan, and all the standards that come with it.

I find brand-loyal people can get stuck thinking that Winnie and Tiffin are the only companies that can do things right, and that they never diminish in quality while others can never catch up. Yet more and more, I'm hearing people dissatisfied with the quality of their Ellipse, and Tiffin's had that major issue with roof cracking.

I plan on purchasing new, and I will likely go with an ESP, but I will make sure that it is a good policy, not necessarily the first one the dealer shoves in my face. The one thing that Tiffin and Thor owners seem to be unanimous on is the superior customer service. That alone is making me take a closer look at Thor.

I will be living in the unit several months a year, not necessarily in extreme climates, but I'm interested in the overall build quality-- whether people have had slide leak issues, holding tank problems, insulation, air conditioning issues, etc. etc.

Would appreciate any and all comments from people. Thanks,
C.
We have 2010 4078 with 425 cummins. Coach chassis is great. Had some issues with various coach componets which thor warranty and Totalvalue RV in Elkhart have taken care of. Blame some of issues on the poor care of dealer in Tucson where coach bought (new). They had it for several months and used and abused it. Never the less, the price was comparable to a well equiped gasser so I bought with both eyes open. Tuscany doesn't have a lot of fluff and cabinetry not high end but I like it and it didn't break the bank. That said, we live in it over 5 months a year and drive it from Michigan to Arizona and back. I love the trip and driving the coach. Would I buy something else? Only if price was the same. Now that I have this one debugged, I'll just keep it and enjoy it.
usmade56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!