RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #1

Red face What A Mess......

We just had a 2003 Damon Intruder 373 (love that floor plan - huge bedroom) delivered from FL. We found it online, good price, big dealership, been around forever, felt safe doing business with them. Visibly, it looks really good for a 12 year old machine and has more goodies on it than advertised. However, big surprise to us, it originally lived in Canada and all the service records are in French, we have no idea if the previous owner followed-up on any recalls, don't have a clue why he has thousands of dollars spent on repairs, i.e., is the Damon a lemon? We also can't operate the TV's (everything on the screen is in French), the satellite dish is an unknown and unusable. The motorhome has me nervous already and I haven't even driven it around the block.

It's not that we're inexperienced, have bought several rv's used and never this kind of problem. The vehicle sitting so prettily outside is a blinking mystery! I don't expect any help, just needed to vent my frustration.

bamagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Locate a bi-lingual individual to assist with the language barrier! I suggest NOLA as a natural location to seek out help if no one in your area can help.

Bronk

bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, using this you can at least change the TV to English.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...20to%20english
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Thanks.... I was using that last night with the repair records. Most of the almost $6000 on one repair bill was spent on his wheels, rotors, the axle, replacing a pin, etc. Don't know if the previous owner didn't know how to do maintenance or just waited for the "bad" to happen. Gary says that a good lube when you need to do it should have prevented these kinds of repairs.

Bev
bamagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Damon was a stand-alone company that made very good mid-market rigs. Thor acquired Damon, along with FourWinds and Mandalay Luxury Coach in and around the recession in the mid-2000's and they kept the doors open when others went out of business.

Thor owns many-many RV brands from Airstream, DRV, and Dutchmen, to Coleman (like the lantern).

All the motorized brands under Thor's ownership became Thor Motor Coach in 2010. Their story is here:
Thor Industries - About Thor - Our History

There are some owner resources (manuals, flyers, etc.) here:
http://thormotorcoach.com/motorhome-owners-resources

For translation, I use:
How do you say..*|*BabelFish – Free Online Translator

Best luck with your new-to-you Damon...we love ours!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote