Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I inherited mine from my father. It's our first. My wife and I really like it so far. Her parents had a Damon 5er for a long time and loved it. We figure that between my mechanical skills and her domestic skills, we can keep it for the rest of our lives.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
We looked for many years. It met our needs for price and layout. We have a 2008 Astoria 3786, have had it for a year and have put about 15K miles on it. We've had only a few problems with it, all fixed quickly by the dealer and/or Damon.

I'm still learning more aout all the systems. Only down side is, it doesn't have wings.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #45

Send a message via Yahoo to Bill98116
We bought the Damon Tuscany (it is a 2008 but new)....we loved the floorplan, the diesel, the table and chairs instead of a bench,the roomy shower and the two recliners. But we must have gotten the lemon. We bought it in August, have had it out about three weekends but it has been in the repair shop (and it there as we speak) the rest of the time. (Hey, at least I haven't had to pay for storage for it!!) It's been nothing but problems. We were planning to sell the house and live in the RV for a few years, but I'm not sure that will ever get off the ground.......don't know if I will be able to trust it driving 'cross country.
Bill98116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill98116 View Post
We bought the Damon Tuscany (it is a 2008 but new)....we loved the floorplan, the diesel, the table and chairs instead of a bench,the roomy shower and the two recliners. But we must have gotten the lemon. We bought it in August, have had it out about three weekends but it has been in the repair shop (and it there as we speak) the rest of the time. (Hey, at least I haven't had to pay for storage for it!!) It's been nothing but problems. We were planning to sell the house and live in the RV for a few years, but I'm not sure that will ever get off the ground.......don't know if I will be able to trust it driving 'cross country.

Get on the phone with Damon and don't get off until you get someone who will start working with you and the repair shop. We had to call Damon when the doors weren't going to be replaced through the normal channels. Once I spoke to someone there and sent a few pictures, new doors were on the way. The normal dealer requesting service didn't work.

If it is chassis work get on the phone with Freightliner in Gaffney. Things will move then.

Damon has always stepped up for us in the past. They even followed up with us a month later asking whether the doors were OK or not. I can't believe they would not step up and get your coach like you need it to be.

We just turned 21K on our 2007 Tuscany and would take it anywhere...
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
The price led us to the Tuscany, but we also liked the floorplan better than many other coaches we looked at. I am not real happy about some of the fit and finish but maybe that is why the price was better than some of the other rigs. However we are very impressed with the ride and the freightliner chassis.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 AM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Floor plan was a real saler for my wife and I feel Thousand saved from other units,I had a chance for Country Coach from cuz 5,000 miles 2007,but at the time $50,000 more and Warrenty concerns?Again wife loves floor plan its like a small apartment 4 rooms,Bed,bath, Kit and Living plus Dog House under for Husband about 200 sq' in basement elect plug for heater,and could plug TV in what else could you want unless she locked the doors?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #49

Damon Owners Club
We bought ares because of price plus the layout
P&K812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #50

Freightliner Owners Club
Well have we had any new owners of damon products and Bill have you solved any of your issues?We still love the ride and working out through this forum some small problems and gaining a wealth of info!Looking forward to duct tape use as problem solver?Had to drive Christmas eve at night and 30 mile an hour wind sometime one lane no shoulder,will make you pay attention,but much better handling than old Gaser.
Happy New Year!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #51

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Price and layout....... bought back in august of 2008 when the bubble burst got a smoking deal.... couldnt find anything comparable for the price and it was new and have had no major problems just a couple minor things but taken care of with no problems and excellent customer service on the phone with any questions about anything
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimcg View Post
we may be a day or two away from purchasing a Damon Daybreak 3276. We love the bunk idea as we have 2 toddlers. It is a toss up from that or a class C new. The Damon is a 2007, 16,000 miles and a price of 60K. What do you think?
I think you can get a new one for that look for an 09 left over
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
What engine and frame comes with that Daybreak.
I believe the GMC 8.1 ltr engine with Allison transmission and Workhorse chassis is better than the Ford V-10. Price wise, I found a few a couple thousand $ less at; Damon DayBreak Luxury RVs and Class A Gas or Diesel Motorhomes., so your in the ballpark.
work horse has some problems biggest one is brakes and the 8.1 is no longer being used by them they also just went through a big lay off
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #54

We bought a 2006 Damon Challenger 372W. The triple slides are great. The seperate room holding the potty is nice. The bedroon with the 2 slides and the 2 chairs is great. Bottom line was a rv equipped this was was $20 $25K more than the Damon. The Workhorse has a great reputation so it was a no brainer when I came time to purchase.
genen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #55

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser 38 View Post
I think you can get a new one for that look for an 09 left over
we bought a 2010 damon daybreak 3576 8000 miles for 74000
P&K812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a Damon Outlaw for the bike. We really love to ride and have exhausted nearly every good riding road in the eastern part of the US. Now we've been to Montana Alabama, and Savannah Georgia.

What we have found is that we now really love rving and spend more time trying tofind local places to spend the weekend and bring the bike just to bounce around during the day.

DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote