Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #57

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I bought a Damon Outlaw for the bike. We really love to ride and have exhausted nearly every good riding road in the eastern part of the US. Now we've been to Montana Alabama, and Savannah Georgia.

What we have found is that we now really love rving and spend more time trying tofind local places to spend the weekend and bring the bike just to bounce around during the day.

WOW i like that porch, great idea with those suspension cables
pup looks happy as well.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #58

This is the second time in trying to post. The reason I bought my Damon, 2006 Challenger 372W, was price. The unit had 5800 miles with 0 hours on the genset. I really liked the TPO solid roof, the triple slides, and the general layout. Things I miss from previous units are the electric option on the hot water heater, which I have added now, and few other goodies. It all goes back to the price I paid which was too good to walk away from. We have put almost 2000 miles on it since November 09 and overall we are pretty happy.
genen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #59

Purchased our 03 Damon Daybreak from a private seller in August 09. Had only 6800 miles and it looked like brand new. Have been out a few times before that snow started flying. So far it has been great with an additional 3000 miles put on it. Only problem was the coach batteries need replacing. And the price we paid was far below NADA average retail.
WV Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #60

Send a message via Yahoo to Bill98116
We took our 2008 Tuscany out for a few days and had MORE problems. Man oh man we have had share. We seem to be revisiting previously repaired items. When we first bought the Damon, the outside cameras needed to be replaced and while doing that repair, they found the Jensen unit was bad and replaced the entire system. It has worked fine the last few times we went out but this trip the left camera did not work and later we found that a DVD would not play either. Sheesh!!!! We are so tired of having problems every time we go out.
Bill98116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #61

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's never good to hear of anyone having problems like that. Hopefully you'll get them resolved and will be able to start enjoying the MH before it's too late. Good luck to you.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Bill98116:

Your experience sounds like ours but have to say that after this last vist to the dealership service center we are making some progress. I think our rig setting on the lot for over a year had impact on its condition, but like we have noted previously we received a significant purchase price reduction on the unit.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #63

i bought a 07 demon day"break" 3060 emphasis on " break " new in 08. no water problems so far but, the dashboard had a crack in it, the dash fan droped down, the radio disk player had to be replaced, some of the outside trim molding was cracked, the instrument panel fell back into the dash board, the back up camera screen came loose from one side, the crank up mechanism for the antenna fell out and the decorative decals on the out side are peeling off
the breeze 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #64

Breeze,
I was reading your message to my g/f.....she started laughing....not making fun of your situation, just laughing that we understand what you are going through. Ain't it something we pay big bucks for a new unit and still have all these problems!!! A friend of ours has a Daybreak......he was inside the unit, the door lock broke.....he couldn't get the door open. He had to crawl out through a window.
Hope you get your unit up and running and we can all look back at our problems and laugh.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #65

Our Tuscany is still at the repair shop.....they are trying to decide who is going to repair the windshield, the dealer or if they are going to farm it out to a glass company!! We had a long talk with the general manager of the Camping World dealership today. He told us he would negotiate with Damon in our behalf trying to get all the problems repaired on our unit. Hard to believe we are 7 months into owning a new RV and have only been able to get out of town once. So much for our plans to tour America, we can't even get past Seattle!! If only there were a lemon law, they would have this rig back in a heart beat...I'm sick of it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #66

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill98116 View Post
Our Tuscany is still at the repair shop.....they are trying to decide who is going to repair the windshield, the dealer or if they are going to farm it out to a glass company!! We had a long talk with the general manager of the Camping World dealership today. He told us he would negotiate with Damon in our behalf trying to get all the problems repaired on our unit. Hard to believe we are 7 months into owning a new RV and have only been able to get out of town once. So much for our plans to tour America, we can't even get past Seattle!! If only there were a lemon law, they would have this rig back in a heart beat...I'm sick of it.

what happened to your windshield, senior
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #67

The last time we went out, water started dripping....no running in the top right corner like a faucet. Never happened before. The right camera stopped working also and the DVD player wouldn't work. Every time we take this unit out, something else happens to it. We had a serious talk to the general sales manager of Camping World today. He told us he would contact Damon on our behalf and try to get them to do something to get these problems corrected.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #68

Smile

Quote:
Breeze,
I was reading your message to my g/f.....she started laughing....not making fun of your situation, just laughing that we understand what you are going through. Ain't it something we pay big bucks for a new unit and still have all these problems!!! A friend of ours has a Daybreak......he was inside the unit, the door lock broke.....he couldn't get the door open. He had to crawl out through a window.
Hope you get your unit up and running and we can all look back at our problems and laugh.
when that dash fan came down [ didnt make a sound ] and started swinging back and forth on two feet of cord, i started laughing myself.
the breeze 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #69

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The last time we went out, water started dripping....no running in the top right corner like a faucet. Never happened before. The right camera stopped working also and the DVD player wouldn't work. Every time we take this unit out, something else happens to it. We had a serious talk to the general sales manager of Camping World today. He told us he would contact Damon on our behalf and try to get them to do something to get these problems corrected.

you need to email tony at thor motorized services with your vin and issues, if you haven't already

tpiwoszkin@damonrv.com

the winder leak is not funny but i can see me laughing in a sick sailor way
Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #70

Thanks Senior, I've emailed Tony a few times and just sent him a long email this weekend. The dealership is also talking to him.....hopefully we can get this thing taken care of. Will keep y'all informed.