Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #1

'16 Thor Challenger 37ND Question

I have searched the Thor forums (as well as Google) and I haven't found anyone with my particular problem. And I wonder if anyone has experienced it.

Silly as it sounds, when you lift the toilet seat, it hits the wall behind the toilet and in order to sit, you must bend over at the waist. Yeah, I know it sounds funny, and we immediatlly purchased a smaller toilet seat as a temporary fix. But the seat we have now is (obviously) too small to fit the bowl and it still hits the wall a little.

I tell myself Thor must have installed the wrong model toilet or installed the toilet too close to the wall (it is angled into a corner). The toilet bowl measures 14" at it's widest point and it is elongated at 17". There isn't a brand on the toilet bowl (at least not on the back of the bowl where the seat screws on).

Anyway, I have a call in to Thor and I'm waiting on a response. And I'm just curious if this is a manufacturing error on my coach or if anyone else with a ND has noticed it?

Thanks,

Jan B.
jblack0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #2

Sounds like a placement error of the toilet bowl.
I had this problem with the bathroom faucet that barely cleared the sink edge. Solution was a new faucet that extended further into the sink. More than likely Thor will have to come up with an other toilet that doesn't exhibit this problem otherwise it is going to require modifying the floor and repositioning the drainpipe going into the tank. It certainly is not normal.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #3

Arrow

yes, it looks like either the corner design, or placement, of the toilet is problematic - even in this '16 brochure it looks as though the seat cover would not be able to be lifted up fully without hitting the wall...
contact THOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and discuss this with them - I only see that either the cover would have to be 'trimmed' back some, or the commode would have to be turned slightly(that might be a little difficult, but possible)...

by the way, I love this floorplan - we went to TX to pick up this very same type Challenger back in '14, but came home with our Palazzo DP - enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger toilet corner.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	144336  
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor